No exclusive thread for Hiranandani Upscale OMR project. Thought of creating one so that we can follow the developments, Rental yields, Issues and other topics.

Happy forumming

be the change you want to see in the world :)
Read more
1826 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Arunag
    Ramchi,

I hope that is long back, area mentioned is New port and the rates are so high now and crossed 2.5 k. More over TJ is not an luxury apartment. Now they started rent like mansion where in which in a room 5 - 6 bachelors will stay or 900 per head

It may or may not be luxirious but far more superior to current HIRA Upscale, for sure since I both lived there and as well as seeing HIRA coming up here. In US most of the apartments I lived far more superior in terms of life style than HIRA is offering us right now, in the name of luxury.

We just can't afford US luxury in India. HIRA definitely not providing the US Luxury scale by any stretch of imagination.
    CommentQuote
  • It is not fair to compare Hira with apartments overseas, while FTTH is heavily marketed as super luxury and unique feature in Hira, it is provided free of cost to even modest of households in Singapore.

Similarly Hira doesn't provide hardwood floor but only cheap laminate flooring, but this is still luxury by Indian standards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    It is not fair to compare Hira with apartments overseas, while FTTH is heavily marketed as super luxury and unique feature in Hira, it is provided free of cost to even modest of households in Singapore.

Similarly Hira doesn't provide hardwood floor but only cheap laminate flooring, but this is still luxury by Indian standards.

Ok...let me say it clearly....HIRA may be one of the best in their cadre in India/Chennai. I was only contesting the maintenance charges aspects and related perception on luxury vis-a-vis NA and Europe.
    CommentQuote
  • This relative perception of luxury will narrow down in a few years and within next decade all these FTTH, etc.. will be commonplace in most apartments in India. However the premium buyers pay today is way too high.

It is similar to people buying Intel 286 PCs for >1 lakh 18 years back. It felt like luxury commodity and those who owned it bragged about it, now on hindsight investing the same money to buy an acre of land in say Sholinganallur would have been far wiser.

Of course people who spent fortune on Intel 286 would justify they bought it for end use and not investment. Different people have different tastes.
    CommentQuote
  • Come on Ramchi, Dont compare TJ with upscale. Now TJ is like a Hens cage with lot of bed bugs in each and every apartments. TJ is running like a mansion.

think about the construction structural design and the amenities. TJ doesn't have anything. Please stop comparing TJ with HIRA

Hira is on par with some of skyscrapper in US.

Originally Posted by Ramchi
    It may or may not be luxirious but far more superior to current HIRA Upscale, for sure since I both lived there and as well as seeing HIRA coming up here. In US most of the apartments I lived far more superior in terms of life style than HIRA is offering us right now, in the name of luxury.

We just can't afford US luxury in India. HIRA definitely not providing the US Luxury scale by any stretch of imagination.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Arunag
    Come on Ramchi, Dont compare TJ with upscale. Now TJ is like a Hens cage with lot of bed bugs in each and every apartments. TJ is running like a mansion.

think about the construction structural design and the amenities. TJ doesn't have anything. Please stop comparing TJ with HIRA

Hira is on par with some of skyscrapper in US.

TJ all pillars are made of monster sized steal rails (unlike HIRA which is made of 1 & 1 1/2 inches steel rods) solid steal foundation on which the building is mounted..it is being used for couple of decades minimum but still looks like a new construction....well...you have everything at drop of your hat, I mean everything....luxury, location, convenience....can we even compare that with Upscale?

Sir, my request is to be fair.
    CommentQuote
  • :), I agree we cannot/should not compare US with Chennai. Just to clarify that it will not be fair comparing TJ with HIRA.

I said/mentioned that it is on par with some SS in us in terms of lux and convenience

Originally Posted by Ramchi
    TJ all pillars are made of monster sized steal rails (unlike HIRA which is made of 1 & 1 1/2 inches steel rods) solid steal foundation on which the building is mounted..it is being used for couple of decades minimum but still looks like a new construction....well...you have everything at drop of your hat, I mean everything....luxury, location, convenience....can we even compare that with Upscale?

Sir, my request is to be fair.
    CommentQuote
  • Bugs are too many in all flats and one has to use spray . If I/O is zero, Intel will be alright or else it will be loudly singing always as Mav said in one of the post .Of course Memory that is RAM is important and that is what is making us to recall

How many in chennai knows what is Singapore std and FTTH and how long they can talk about this after vacating Indian soil by investing in Indian soil . Is it not amounting to break the mirror ?

I too lived in US for 26 months and now never talk about it since subject matter is Indian RE

Take PH,KFC stuff by paying in INR and do not compare with USD at cost is the subject .

Options for avoiding FTTH , putting Hard or Soft wooden floor or accepting cemenetd floor for customization is the order of day before customers lament you know

Do not keep it and cry and accept and weep for ever. Change what you do not need and put what you need is the Taste and customization.

Pillar, Rod size and it's pile foundation vary from " soil to soil " as per Civil Engineers and not place to place ,country to country and mouth to mouth . Check this eveywhere with soil test but not with Spoil test
    CommentQuote
  • In fact te cremation ground next to the Hiranandani school is turing out to be an achiless heel for everyone. It appeared that the ground was going to be moved elsewhere but the locals still regularly visit the site. Talk about kids regularly seeing a funeral procession. When I was kid going to school I hardly remember passing any funeral processions barring some times. Here the kids are exposed day in an day out. What does it say about planning of Hiranandnai. One thing is certain that future residents have a short cut to heaven whenever the almighty beacons :)
    CommentQuote
  • Well no one can stop anyone from Dying, but that's the reality of life. Hira should have planned school in such a way that kids are not exposed to viewing it day by day. People say they hardly see any bodies, that's because there were not a lot of people living in OMR. Now the scenario has changed and it could become more frequent.

Forget about school, even residents (road facing) will have this view. Double exposure as we call it. Death is a harsh reality and no one knows when it comes, so better to educate our kids about life's changing cycles. They will be mentally prepared and in the long run, shouldn't affect.

Too sad that builder didn't disclose it initially during booking as there may be people who don't like the idea of a cremation ground nearby, but now are stuck after investing lakhs If not crores into project, and some have invested life time savings or taken big EMI from banks.

People who are not comfortable should sell their flats and reinvest elsewhere if the cremation issue bothers them. These are just my thoughts and views which I have expressed, final choice is for investors of HOH.
    CommentQuote
  • Some know the graveyard only when they die but unfortunately not having an opportunity to witness where they get burnt or buried. Everyone has an end ,fate and destiny.

As such only after 3.30 after school hours are over, cremation is permitted but sounding as if the whole day bodies are arriving and kids are afraid is not correct.

I see in T Nagar and Besant Nagar even today bodies going with lot of music .

Hira has not hidden this since it is not part of their layout and locals can not afford to cross all the time to back water bank area. It is for the Radiance to stop in OMR, ADD to curtail and then Hira to shift it out with the help of Opaline which is heavily exposed rather than Greenwood and BW of Hira.
    CommentQuote
  • Watching body procession is different from watching body burn. I don't think many would have seen it. Those who have seen will know what I mean.

It is personal choice anyway but hard truth is most people won't like it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RaviCbe

As such only after 3.30 after school hours are over, cremation is permitted but sounding as if the whole day bodies are arriving and kids are afraid is not correct.

I see in T Nagar and Besant Nagar even today bodies going with lot of music

Well ravi, After all these years Ive yet to know a burial place / crematorium which restricts the timings of last rites unless it is very late in the evening and that too the vettiyaan will charge you high premium for his services and the relatives of the deceased will feel uncomfortable at such times... AFAIK, those are governed by nalla neram, raghu kalam and yema gandam,,, and also if you have death certificate and have paid the fee and have a vettiyan at hand you can do it early morn till late evenings

And if it is like you said so, it certainly is a first
    CommentQuote
  • It is the fact . They know how to take care of Vettiyan to delay beyond 3.30 hours .

Some one said in one of the post" how many bodies are coming? I lost BN and switched to Thiruvaniyur on to regret and and he lamented in Hira thread

To be frank ,I need this to continue since many who invested in OMR do not know here the hell the GY or Cremation ground is while ADD, OPALINE,RADIANCE,HIRA know where it is?
    CommentQuote
  • All,

What will be the price of HOH on 2017 - 18 ? Assumption is the infra will catch up there.

Any thoughts friends ???
    CommentQuote