Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by Arunag View Post
    VP ji

Why only L4L alone ? there is some merits to his points as well .. only point is he keep rotates in same axial point again and again ..
    Anurag,

For the past few days there has been lot of discussion about School. In an earlier post, RaviCBE mentioned Hira is working on getting the cremation ground removed and it will be removed in a few months. I was just curious to know an update on that, now he is suddenly saying it is not Hira's responsibility. Has Hira totally given up effort on removing it?

I posted a genuine query which Chandru understood and replied in proper fashion.

I don't want to get into personal attacks but we know who are hardcore supporters of Hiranandani here. One of them who claims he is not had earlier stated Hiranandani is like a Taj Mahal

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
      I am surprised that L4L is not posting much on Meritta thread.

L4L, indeed provides a lot of entertainment to the forum.
      In a circus, some feel ring master entertains the audience while other feels lions entertain the audience. I'm just a ring master

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post

OMR has however most attractive projects. That is one of the primary reasons for people to choose. I am also leaning towards it.
        Attractive in what sense? Drinking water? Clean air? Good road? VFM aspect?
        I think you are referring to builder reputation, premium, luxury, etc.. But is the price builders are charging worth it?

There are already many copycat projects coming up. Other areas of Chennai are also attracting prominent builders (Eg, Olympia Pallavaram, Prestige in Porur, Sobha in Poonamalee). So if OMR is attractive only because of builder's reputation, choice and specifications offered, then that value is not going to last for long. It is just a matter of time before another better builder trumps them all up. We should thing from long term value.

What about ROI aspects? Till a month back members were claiming 3 BHK apartment in Hiranandani will easily fetch 1 lakh in rent and this justifies the pricing. Thankfully no one makes such claims anymore as more and more rental advertisements are coming out and proving that yields are much lower or comparable to other parts of Chennai.

You might fee 2-3% rental yield is good, but this is just the current scenario. As more and more supply comes up, this is going to fall even lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
          I think you are referring to builder reputation, premium, luxury, etc.. But is the price builders are charging worth it?
          Road, water are bad in almost all suburbs. Clean air is non existent in entire metro region.

Choice, Availability are big factors in OMR's favour.
          Nearby IT companies & MNCs are biggest attraction.

I do not care about builders reputation. For me builders reputation is important to guarantee the project will be completed as promised.

VFM - It is hard to justify VFM. But prices are reasonable, thats it.
          Choice - You have a range from 3K to 7K. There is a five bedroom 5000sqft apt to a 1-BHK apt.

Prestige/Sobha/Olympia do not offer high end units in their non-OMR projects. Olympia does offer a 6000 sqft apt apt in OMR.

ROI and Rental yields are important but not deal breakers.
          Choice and location are more important.

Why are people bickering about Hira? Price is high means you do not have to buy. If you do not like Hira, there is Olympia, TVH, Akshaya and 100s of builders in OMR region. There is bound to be something for everyone.

I like Olympia over Hira. That does not mean you should like them as well.
          Everyone have thier choices - in OMR.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
            The OMR attraction is obvious. The only way we can hope to live in a decent locality in today's chennai, at an affordable price, is to create one ourselves. A large project guarantees me that, not just my apt unit, even my immediate neighborhood is good. Besides, my living place must be closer to my work place. It's OMR that fits the bill, and provides large vacant area for large developments. City areas are full. Porur, to ambattur stretch is good, but that's not the kind of industry zone that can support large high end residential projects.

Twenty years back, I remember a neighbor in Chromepet who was unable to sell his house because that plot had no water - dry well, and borewells could not find a water source. 10 years back I was reluctant to stay even for a day at my uncle's place in Velachery because the water there was so bad. The current water issues in OMR will be overlooked in time. Historically, all civilizations grew around water sources. Chennai lost track of its priorities long back. That will ensure OMR's fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by murugesh View Post
              TChennai lost track of its priorities long back. That will ensure OMR's fitness.
              Rightly worded. And this holds good not only for OMR but also places worst places in GST , and some along the west and north side too.

Most of the Suburbs in our city are like Vengayam. Urikka Urikka onnume illai ! Its just that OMR is a good punching bag , but many fail to understand that the population moving to OMR have helped reduce the conjestion inside the city and other places ! It has helped people view Suburbs as a livable area which is being aped by many other suburbs now !
              Last edited February 1 2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arunag View Post
                VP ji
                Why only L4L alone ? there is some merits to his points as well ..
                My response was to your sudden confusion caused by L4L's joke on someone else. U neednt take every post of ours by the book. Reg, the rest of my post, it was just to point that the pot is calling a kettle black, which I found funny!

Btw, I am not a supporter of HOH and I dont want to deviate this thread from main topic. Just some good fun in between

Comment

VP,
                  I will always take this kind of posts / replies with the pinch of salt. But finally we dont want to make any new forum'mers come to any prejudice impression.

Originally posted by vettipayyan View Post
                  My response was to your sudden confusion caused by L4L's joke on someone else. U neednt take every post of ours by the book. Reg, the rest of my post, it was just to point that the pot is calling a kettle black, which I found funny!

Btw, I am not a supporter of HOH and I dont want to deviate this thread from main topic. Just some good fun in between

Comment

@K11, OMR is more than 25-30 kms cutting across different areas starting from Taramani(developed) to perungudi/thorai’/shols (infrastructure slowly developing, merged with in city limits) to town and village panchayat areas (no visible infrastructure development). It is not appropriate to put it all in to one bag as ‘OMR’. However sticking to the thread topic we can have a showdown of ‘OMR-Siruseri & immediate vicinity’ Vs other southern suburbs you have listed and see how it scores in terms of infrastructure (sewage/water/stormwater/power) /schools / leisure / rentals / supply vs demand/public transport/hospitals etc., compared to others.

Comment

Yes, @sundarjp.
                      Thats why I have put OMR into two buckets. Before Shols/Shols & Beyond.

FYI, I do not have investments in suburbs as of now.
                      I am looking to make one in OMR or a beach house in ECR in 2013-2014 time frame.
                      So even I will be interested to hear varied opinions.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X