Collapse

Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

so according to my above friends metro is only used by blue collar people and not used by white collar. if tambaram is going to be future central station then GST will be the mount road and not OMR.
    may i know by taking prepaid taxi how long it will take to reach kelambakam and how much will it cost for me if iam travelling alone.

Comment

Originally posted by shakishaki View Post
      so according to my above friends metro is only used by blue collar people and not used by white collar. if tambaram is going to be future central station then GST will be the mount road and not OMR.
      may i know by taking prepaid taxi how long it will take to reach kelambakam and how much will it cost for me if iam travelling alone.
      You wouldn't want to live next to Central anyway next to places like Waltax road, Periyamedu,Yelu kenaru.

Do you know about area around Central?

BTW Kelambakkam alone is not OMR.

Just like Mount road starts from Island Ground, Triplicane, to Guyndi.

Do you know the taxi fare from Central To Mount rd Guyndi?

If are going to travel interstate from central every week than it is prudent to live in Waltax road next to the lorry sheds or Periyamedu in between the bacholer Mansion, Lodges (famous for broth..) and leather shops.

Will be convenient to catch the interstate express.
      Last edited February 4 2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

as many have mentioned in this thread OMR is not just for white collared people there are apartments range from 3000 to 3500rs/sft and also 1bhk etc. with a budjet of 20 to 30lacs. so saying people in omr will only use cars and scooters and not use train or metro does not make sense.
        if infrastructure is going to take time [god knows when??] then why should it be called the best place to live.
        if someone is arguing that my home should be near my work place then in simple words it is suitable for IT people only.
        if someone is saying it is my end use home because the city is overcrowded and polluted then u cannot cut of yourself from city. you have to travel daily 20 to 25km to yourwork place in city.
        my views are confined to the segment of omr beyond sholinganalur

Comment

@economist
          pl read the posts above... other people have called OMR as future mount road not me...
          with regard to staying in lodge near central why will i?? if i have my own house which is reachable in just 30 to 40 minutes by metro and suburban train.
          yes people who have homes in kelambakkam have to stay around central to avoid losing whole day to reach their home or miss your interstate express.

Comment

I have my friend who returned back from States after 10 years. He owns an apartment in the city and works in MWC. After being in city for 2-3 months, he made up his mind and moved to L&T housing along the GST. Per him, he has good access to his office, put up his kid in Vidya mandir ( reputed school) and visit city in the weekend for any shopping ( till the time GST gets good shopping malls, i bet it will in down the line). Clean air and water.

This is just an example I want to quote. Same applicable to OMR. I personally feel OMR (stretch 4) is less polluted. I knew another friend stays in OMR right on the road project and commutes daily to Guidy for his work. He takes A/C bus and happy with his commute.
            Two options: investment or for own use. Want to convey it all depend on the mind-set and affordability.

I am not in favour of OMR and I do not own an apartment in OMR. But I like to live if I have affordable fund to get one.

Hope these area might become as new-mumbai for mumbai. As someone said wait and watch.
            Last edited February 4 2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by easyr2omr View Post
              But when we have train connectivity in one stretch, traffic will be less compared with the one which solely depends on road..
              It depends on the places, this rail stretch connects to! What is the point if job creation is happening for me in OMR and train connectivity is in some other part!

Again I am not saying we dont need train connectivity, as I have always said, I would love to have a superb web of rail-bus connectivity as the excellent Munich U bahn (which by the way has evolved over 50 + years) .

I meant that the repeated train connectivity argument against OMR doesnt hold logic, since "Its just not there yet" simple! So what is the point taking a house near Rail station when it doesnt help reach office ?

Comment

Originally posted by shakishaki View Post
                You are talking about values, virtue and what is ideal! I am talking facts and people's practical usage simple!

Also i think u didnt read my post fully! I have written about the way of life of the industry I know of! Also I clearly stated the pre paid taxi for family situations.

For bachelors, we travel however we want, and till now for past 15 yrs, I travel from Central station/Egmore to my home in a Bus as its very fast and easy in the early moring to travel by bus, readily available (even though I have a train which goes near my house but still I need to take an auto to reach my house since station is 3 kms away, Imagine bargaining with the Auto driver early morning for a 3 Km travel, easily 50-60 Rs minimum)
                Last edited February 4 2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

As per OMR composition .... It is only bachelors who form a major part of the rentals.

I have personally seen families shifting out of OMR projects and relocating to Medavakkam/ velachery & nanganallur (even t nagar) and mostly towards east tambaram. People want maximum social infrastructure and dont mind commuting kilometers.

Have any of you gone for a little stroll after 7 30 pm outside L&T edenpark, Akshaya adair / adora and other townships.??

Ganesh

Comment

Originally posted by rganeshin View Post
                    As per OMR composition .... It is only bachelors who form a major part of the rentals.

I have personally seen families shifting out of OMR projects and relocating to Medavakkam/ velachery & nanganallur (even t nagar) and mostly towards east tambaram. People want maximum social infrastructure and dont mind commuting kilometers.

Have any of you gone for a little stroll after 7 30 pm outside L&T edenpark, Akshaya adair / adora and other townships.??

Ganesh
                    We have love-hate relationship with areas like T.Nagar and Tambaram. Can't live there and can't live without them.

Comment

Hira hiked the car slot to 9 Lakhs and for preferred extra slot from 10-15 Lakhs is real Indicator that it is meant for Car Owners. Do not mistake me. When we come from NY to Meenambakkam, we are not walking to Trisulam ,catch train and go Home or take Auto and go further with Vibrations. Same thing applies from Central RS too when we get out after tiresome journey . Gone are the days where one thought of Economical mode but now many momentarily opt for convenience and comfors according to their speed and necessity.

Not applicable for all and not necessarily to put my thoughts on others too here ,to be frank.

It depends how you chase the Infra which is yet to be developed by Purchasing property in one location and how we enjoy once it gets developed with all infra with Appreciation coming out of your property.

People moved from Mylapore to Mandaiveli and then to Adyar ( GN,SN,BN,KB Ngr) and then moved to Indira Nagar,Thiruvanmiyur and BN and then moved to Kvkm,Plvkm,Enjbkm then to oor like Panayur,Egattur,Padur,Thiruporur.......Porur,Mugap air,Ambathur ..... , .like how one moved from other place to Puliyur in Kodambakkam and Kottur in Adyar.

Buyers know Where the catch is and Fish know how to swim out of that Catch though we all have Net and Energy and above all power to catch . Early birds with vision see the fortune and late birds lament as usual.

Spreading money is important in several places than crowding by putting in one location and all eggs in single basket ( of course with handsome returns at throwaway distance ) but if they are all broken will lead to peril .

What is bad today will be good tomorrow is optimistic idea and good today will be better or best is double optimistic but banishing and not thinking good will lead to destruction in RE investment
                      Last edited February 4 2013, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X