Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by k11 View Post
    Target middle segment population with run of the mill apts in suburbs. Most of them operate under JV model, do not take lot of risks, do not spend money to create landmark buildings. Mantri is the only one who has completed a project to even evaluate on.

Big national builders like DLF, Hira, Olympia operate on all the segments.
    Wow! If your mindset reflects the general mindset of people of Chennai then it is really scary. I don't know why it is wrong to target middle segment buyers.

While you are proud of Hira building tall skyscrapers, I'm worried about their anti-buyer practices like refusing to part with land that buyers are entitled to, refusing to hand over maintenance to owners, offering 8% UDS, etc...

When did Olympia (offshoot of Khivraj promoters) become national developer in the league of DLF?
    Last edited February 21 2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
      Wow! If your mindset reflects the general mindset of people of Chennai then it is really scary. I don't know why it is wrong to target middle segment buyers.

While you are proud of Hira building tall skyscrapers, I'm worried about their anti-buyer practices like refusing to part with land that buyers are entitled to, refusing to hand over maintenance to owners, offering 8% UDS, etc...

When did Olympia (offshoot of Khivraj promoters) become national developer in the league of DLF?
      I cannot see where K11 said it was wrong to target mid level segment.

He is just pointing out the Target market of certain builders.

Probably there is better money to be made in that segment.

Comment

He was deprecating builders who target mid level segment by building "run off the mill" apartments. What is wrong with building run off the mill apartments? An average Joe is interested in a good quality building, delivered on time, getting full bang for the buck he spends. He does not expect to live in a monument that will go down in history as next Taj Mahal. There is nothing wrong with builders fulfilling this aspiration.

If at all these is an issue with builders, it is how dishonest and greedy they are becoming. We should be more worried about how builders are cheating buyers by refusing to part with the land, refusing to hand over clubhouse and amenities, milking buyers for the rest of their life, etc..

Comment

I think you are ticked off about run of the mill apts. Nothing wrong in building them.
          I just responded to Clair's comment that Prestige not being able to able to handle a project alone by highlighting the business model. My response was that most of these guys operate in same business model, offer same product and target same segment.

Does the BLR based builders operate in JV in Chennai - Yes

Do they build run of the mill apts that even small time builders do - Yes

They have not built luxury apts or skyscrapers in Chennai like Akshaya - True

Did they do a city project (on expensive land) - No
          They have to come to auctions and outbid other builders in auctions first.

Can they even market and sell high end units like the ones built by local builders - Questionable.
          Competition includes Prince Courtyard,Vijayshanthi Art,Landmark Vertica,TVH Q,Ozone Gardenia, Abov. I am not even comparing national builders.

Do their Chennai projects have issues - Hell Yes

Purva has delayed thier projects forever.
          Sobha does not give covered carparks to 1-bhk
          Prestige seems to have unfair cancellation terms.
          Mantri seems to be best among the bunch with Synergy being great but more complaints in the phase II. But still they are better by a mile.

Comment

How a person twists hing tongue at 360 deg on builder maintained club house and amenities and UDS

Originally Posted by avasanth
            People not paying manitenance is a problem whether builder maintains it or the association maintains it. That the law doesnt work applies equally to both.

What individual owners say doesnt matter in an association. People will have different views - you cannot cull out views of individual owners and say thats good enough reason to let the builder do the maintenance.

I think you have not fully understood that when builder does the maintenance, you are not in control of something that effects you. Owners maintain their property in most cities and in predominant projects in Chennai. Good or bad, you have a body that is accountable to the owners.

Reply by Love4Land

I have mixed views on UDS and partially agree with you, though it does seem to matter to many folks. The real issue is who owns the land. If all project land is owned by owners, may be UDS is not so relevant.
            I personally feel it will be better if builder maintains common facilities. We may end up paying bit higher, but it will help preserve value of apartment thereby increasing resale potential. The entire facade of my apartment building in Thiruvanmiyur is destroyed due to murky water from external aircon unit dirtying the exterior walls. I would personally want to repaint the whole exterior before selling my apartment, but rest of the owners won't agree to it. This will definitely impact the resale value of my apartment.

If the same happens in Upscale, I'm sure the builder will promptly repaint exterior every few years, as it is a perpetual project for Hiranandani and he will continue to build new blocks and sell it and hence has to keep the entire project presentable to attract future buyers.

Who is going to foot the bill to keep the township spanking clean? the owners of course. Is it worth? They chose to buy an expensive apartment costing 1cr or more in a remote isolated part of chennai. Why did they buy it? Because builder is reputed and project will be top class. Now suddenly after a few years they feel the pinch of high maintenance cost. They can't resort to cheap means to bring down the cost. They will be affecting quality of life of other residents.

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
            He was deprecating builders who target mid level segment by building "run off the mill" apartments. What is wrong with building run off the mill apartments? An average Joe is interested in a good quality building, delivered on time, getting full bang for the buck he spends. He does not expect to live in a monument that will go down in history as next Taj Mahal. There is nothing wrong with builders fulfilling this aspiration.

If at all these is an issue with builders, it is how dishonest and greedy they are becoming. We should be more worried about how builders are cheating buyers by refusing to part with the land, refusing to hand over clubhouse and amenities, milking buyers for the rest of their life, etc..

Comment

Ravi,

Sorry to interrupt and advise you.

This is how L4L has been responding with personal attack and keep changing the discussion by provide comments with U-turns. For a person of your stature, request you to avoid providing reply to him and please save your energy. I feel it is a complete waste of time.

I would request L4L not to keep diverting topic with personal topic and useless information.

Originally posted by RaviCbe View Post
              How a person twists hing tongue at 360 deg on builder maintained club house and amenities and UDS

Originally Posted by avasanth
              People not paying manitenance is a problem whether builder maintains it or the association maintains it. That the law doesnt work applies equally to both.

What individual owners say doesnt matter in an association. People will have different views - you cannot cull out views of individual owners and say thats good enough reason to let the builder do the maintenance.

I think you have not fully understood that when builder does the maintenance, you are not in control of something that effects you. Owners maintain their property in most cities and in predominant projects in Chennai. Good or bad, you have a body that is accountable to the owners.

Reply by Love4Land

I have mixed views on UDS and partially agree with you, though it does seem to matter to many folks. The real issue is who owns the land. If all project land is owned by owners, may be UDS is not so relevant.
              I personally feel it will be better if builder maintains common facilities. We may end up paying bit higher, but it will help preserve value of apartment thereby increasing resale potential. The entire facade of my apartment building in Thiruvanmiyur is destroyed due to murky water from external aircon unit dirtying the exterior walls. I would personally want to repaint the whole exterior before selling my apartment, but rest of the owners won't agree to it. This will definitely impact the resale value of my apartment.

If the same happens in Upscale, I'm sure the builder will promptly repaint exterior every few years, as it is a perpetual project for Hiranandani and he will continue to build new blocks and sell it and hence has to keep the entire project presentable to attract future buyers.

Who is going to foot the bill to keep the township spanking clean? the owners of course. Is it worth? They chose to buy an expensive apartment costing 1cr or more in a remote isolated part of chennai. Why did they buy it? Because builder is reputed and project will be top class. Now suddenly after a few years they feel the pinch of high maintenance cost. They can't resort to cheap means to bring down the cost. They will be affecting quality of life of other residents.

Comment

Agree. Comments by L4L come across as a dead fly while relishing the taste of a fine chicken soup. Utter distaste !

Comment

Wonder ???

- Wonder why such a world class development compromising buyer's uds, future authority / ownership of land expect tower footprints with builder, targeting only the higher segment have floor plans from 1295 sqft?

- why would the same builder wanted to ride on the backs of the middle class by launching urbania (a project targeted at mid segment) ? flow of funds huh??? or lessons learnt ???

Regards
                  R Ganesh

Comment

Will not digress away from the topic of this thread as it gets inflamed over mundane points.

Urbania will only complement Upscale on brand positioning; but will reserve my comments untill I see complete specs.

Comment

Any idea why HoH has removed Horizon and Signature Villas from their website? Seagull only seems to be their Signature offering (as per their main website).

I know Hira has been relatively big success in Chennai (based on the demand). Doesn't look like they are getting similar traction in Bangalore.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X