No exclusive thread for Hiranandani Upscale OMR project. Thought of creating one so that we can follow the developments, Rental yields, Issues and other topics.

Happy forumming

be the change you want to see in the world :)
Read more
1826 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • YES for all your five queries

They have refuge flats and area

All flats have sprinklers and smoke detectors besides their corridor in Foyer with Alarm Annunciators in GF with indications

PA system will shout in case of any abnormalities

Because High rise buildings built by builders provide all the above or not , Regulators are very keen in checking and controlling

Fire safety , extinguishers , in all floors,flats and basement car parks areas

Explosion certificate is not issued for more than 13 floors and hence piped gas supply is denied by Authority

Lifts have fail safe mechanism and next level standing with 1 sec per floor speed for high speed Transportation with Paging facilities

These are all in place based on Regulators norms and Builders Provison

Originally Posted by srivat
    I have posted the same questions in a diff thread. Posting the same as well as did not find any information in website

1) Does Hira have sufficient provisions in place to handle an emergency or fire?
    2) Do they have wide fire exists to handle these many numbers of apartments?
    3) Is each house and floor equipped with fire sensor and alarm?
    4) Do they have sprinklers inside flat and corridor to handle fire?
    5) Do they have a PA system in place which will take care of all residents of apartment?

I am just trying to gauge the safety standards of skyscrapers in chennai. I see lot of discussion on sea view etc but none on the safety aspect.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srivat
    I have posted the same questions in a diff thread. Posting the same as well as did not find any information in website

1) Does Hira have sufficient provisions in place to handle an emergency or fire?
    2) Do they have wide fire exists to handle these many numbers of apartments?
    3) Is each house and floor equipped with fire sensor and alarm?
    4) Do they have sprinklers inside flat and corridor to handle fire?
    5) Do they have a PA system in place which will take care of all residents of apartment?

I am just trying to gauge the safety standards of skyscrapers in chennai. I see lot of discussion on sea view etc but none on the safety aspect.

Yes, they do have fire alarms installed.

Fire drill planned for 2nd week of july.

They have one refuge area for every 4 floors in each tower that can be used during emergencies.

They have 2 sets of staircases that can be used in case of emergencies.

I believe they will have a way to communicate to all residents in case of emergency.

I will get more details on these and share.

Please find below Q&A in their Oct'12 newsletter focused on facility management (though its based on what they follow in Powai and we expect it to be similar in Chennai).

http://houseofhiranandani.com/downloads/newsroom/2012/HeraldNewsletter-oct.pdf

Talking on safety, what are the other measures deployed by the
    facility management team at Hiranandani to ensure that the
    buildings remain safe havens?
    Our trained and highly qualified team members are focussed on
    ensuring that our buildings remain utmost safe to the occupants,
    clients and customers. Safety preparedness, aspects and compliance
    are assured through day-to-day checking of the Fire Alarm System
    (FAS), Elevator Safety, conducting security and safety drills including
    evacuation drill. Recently, at one of our regular evacuation drills at
    our large multi tenanted commercial buildings, the head count of
    evacuees was more than 4500 which underlines our emphasis and
    ability in handling emergency situations. For prevention and curbing
    of crimes, we have round the clock surveillance through special task
    force patrolling and electronic cameras. Hirananadani’s are amongst
    the first in the industry to introduce third party audit of FAS, Elevators
    and MEP equipment. We have also introduced Bridge Calls or Call
    Conferencing system for augmenting communication system in case
    of emergency situation for effective and smooth response. Awareness
    programs on combating terrorism and managing disasters are also
    conducted from time to time, with the support of public authorities

and consultants, for the benefit of residents and commercial clients.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Ravi for sharing the details. I just posted and then saw your post:)
    CommentQuote
  • Good points raised here- Health and Safety is something hardly lists on the top. As already stated above there is good awareness and control around the facility management team. There must be a Fire station (within few miles radius) nearby for MSB building approval.

Few more points worth noting- All cables must be fire-resistant, circuit breakers on each flat, and separate transformer for each block to regulate voltage fluctuation. (It really makes big difference to your lifestyle and longevity of electric products- but comes with huge cost)
    CommentQuote
  • Does the fire station have capability to put out fires in the top most floor of hira ?
    I don't think they have the capabilities of doing that yet ( correct me if I am wrong ) . Also in case of huge fire like the WTC , what are the pros and cons of high rise in chennai ....

One thing that scares me is these high rises in gated communities are soo close to each other that god forbid something happens, Its gonna effect all buildings around it. this is just a thought.

Originally Posted by Clairvoyant
    Good points raised here- Health and Safety is something hardly lists on the top. As already stated above there is good awareness and control around the facility management team. There must be a Fire station (within few miles radius) nearby for MSB building approval.

Few more points worth noting- All cables must be fire-resistant, circuit breakers on each flat, and separate transformer for each block to regulate voltage fluctuation. (It really makes big difference to your lifestyle and longevity of electric products- but comes with huge cost)
    CommentQuote
  • @Navin,

That capability may exist, but one thing that is definitely not there for sure is rescuing people above 20th floor when say 20th floor is engulfed with fire. Fire department doesn't have crane or platform to reach such heights to rescue people.

Our fire department also does not have helicopters unlike their counterparts in developed countries where skyscrapers have helipads on top.
    CommentQuote

• "I think its high time that this thread is closed. wow wow 64 pages of bashing , praising , confusing remarks for new users/buyers , this is incredible. This thread should be voted the best of the best"

This thread is 6 months youger than Sobha but already 10 pages more than Sobha Merita.

What do you say Navin?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by navink
    Does the fire station have capability to put out fires in the top most floor of hira ?
    I don't think they have the capabilities of doing that yet ( correct me if I am wrong ) . Also in case of huge fire like the WTC , what are the pros and cons of high rise in chennai ....

One thing that scares me is these high rises in gated communities are soo close to each other that god forbid something happens, Its gonna effect all buildings around it. this is just a thought.

There are more such things in high rises. We have seen situations where Diesel availability becomes scares due to various factors which will impact the running of generators coupled with huge power cuts, what would be the situation of people who are in the top most floors?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist

"I think its high time that this thread is closed. wow wow 64 pages of bashing , praising , confusing remarks for new users/buyers , this is incredible. This thread should be voted the best of the best"

This thread is 6 months youger than Sobha but already 10 pages more than Sobha Merita.

What do you say Navin?

Navink's concern in Sobha Meritta thread is genuine, don't keep following him and taunting over his post.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ChennaiInv
    There are more such things in high rises. We have seen situations where Diesel availability becomes scares due to various factors which will impact the running of generators coupled with huge power cuts, what would be the situation of people who are in the top most floors?

Water availability is more important. Not sure if Hira buys water and if so in the current water tanker strike not sure how it is impacted. I know few apartments in OMR where tankers are the sole source.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist

"I think its high time that this thread is closed. wow wow 64 pages of bashing , praising , confusing remarks for new users/buyers , this is incredible. This thread should be voted the best of the best"

What do you say Navin?

@L4L,

Why do you think the above post is not a genuine concern just like the genuine concern expressed in Sobha Meritta thread for only 54 pages.

This yonger thread has over 64 pages in a short time.
    lots of bashing in those 64pages.
    CommentQuote
  • Economist

please tell me something , why do u always copy and paste from a thread it was posted on to a different thread and comment on that which has nothing to do with sobha ?? . going forward, please post ur replies in the respective thread.

well my concern can also apply to this Hira thread as well.

Originally Posted by Economist
    @L4L,

Why do you think the above post is not a genuine concern just like the genuine concern expressed in Sobha Meritta thread for only 54 pages.

This yonger thread has over 64 pages in a short time.
    lots of bashing in those 64pages.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by navink
    Economist

well my concern can also apply to this Hira thread as well.

Exactly, That was my point.
    Just prompting politely, In case the mesuring yard stick was forgotten.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • yard stick ?? lol
    I didnt mean to offend anyone but was just raising my concerns.

Originally Posted by Economist
    Exactly, That was my point.
    Just prompting politely, In case the mesuring yard stick was forgotten.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • the answer is going to be nothing breaks in Hira and every thing will be maintained above par.
    Well it may be true, i visited in Nov/Dec trip
    I was not a fan of the ocean view, CV posted a good pic but in any of the views i had an option to see from OC on 5BHK and 4BHK the view to me is not great - my expectations were high, im like going in there wanting to see BLUE sea like how i see from my window in cancun or any carribean island - not not all, infact ECR property ocean view is much much better -
    That does not mean its not pretty - IT IS but not to my expectations of a 2-3C property
    Second i have fear of very high heights so thats a problem for me , i can never trust systems and codes and enforcements in chennai to do the very best to ensure safety in such high rises, there was a time in US when i lived in a 12th floor apart 15 years back not a fan at all, it does not give me a feeling of house but more of a large hotel suite. corridors, hall ways, leading to doors, like a hotel not a house
    Third, regardless of construction quality and fire exits, elevator quality etc i dont have a good feeling of performance of our builders in such high buildings in chennai
    Fourth - HISTORY always says when a company sets out to build the tallest building tallest flat ( archean albatross) or largest township it usually follows by financially hardship to that company - there is a very very long list of history behind it
    Sears holdings largest retailer in 1969 built sears towers and went broke
    Burj Dubai which got named into burg khalifa due to abudhabu sheikh opportunism and dubai sheikh going broke
    CN tower was built but full plan was never realized
    Stratosphere LAS Vegas
    (The Stratosphere opened on April 30, 1996. Shortly after opening, the Stratosphere Corporation was forced to file bankruptcy. This caused construction on the second tower to stop, with only a few stories partially built, and it allowed Carl Icahn to gain control through one of his companies by buying a majority of the outstanding bonds.)
    Empire State building - NYC - opened right at the height of depression ran on a loss for 5+ years and got SOLD due to being a loss making entity
    Chrysler Building - escaped the curse as it was built for mr chrysler as a personal property not for the corporation
    World Trade Center - NYC - we all know what happened
    So when some one says im going to build the tallest tower in chennai - my brain says - trouble trouble -
    I think this must be an interesting view point on Hira and Albatross.
    So nothing personal but it did not fit my taste thats all --
    CommentQuote