Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by sundarjp View Post
    'Luxury' is relative term. Lets not get carried away.
    Unfortunately lot of people talking about "luxury" don't have an iota of an idea of what it means. Many people think Hira is providing luxury specs, if you look closely they are not providing wooden flooring, but only cheaper laminate. I'm not sure how many people posting here know difference between hardwood and laminate. No VRV air conditioning is provided, cieling height is also normal with exception of Seagull.

Similarly when we talk of Italian marble, it is only provided in living room. The quality has also been questioned by several prospective buyers and tenants.

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/com...u-c575607.html

I'm not saying Hira should price their apartments lower, as long as they can run business and get buyers for whatever price they sell, it is fine. However, don't give wrong reasons to justify the pricing.
    Last edited May 9 2013, 12:08 PM.

Comment

For most of the Indians (99%) HIRA will be a luxury in terms of pricing. Those who bought expensive units in remote locations (those HN - Black money hoarders) are also returning back to their original roots since OMR and similar places North, South, West all unlivable for their convenience. For everything they need to go through long drive and have to return back him before 5.00 PM unless they are ready to be sandwiched between monster IT - BPO company buses!!!! Quality of living due to lack of ANY infrastructure in these belt is causing major problems. These unfinished, one-full-half and haf finished projects are not what HN individuals are looking forward to stay. They want a entirely completed project ready to move with all amenities functioning with 100% occupation forever....

The high price they pay is not for half-working, half-pumping water taps, semi-finished lawns etc...

Comment

Hira pricing for whatevey is claimed as luxury is still much high for the OMR stretch. The rates may sustain and probably earn a profit later too, but as of not it is not justifiable.

Wooden flooring, good quality is ranges between 175-300 psf, italian marble or equivalent, high-end bath fitting etc., are similarly not as expensive as is being projected in the pricing.

The important aspect should be the carpet areas (usable) as compared to the salable area (super built-up), quality of facilities & effective low cost of the same & similar stuff. All of these are not the best at Hira or similar luxury projects - the carpet area is very low, but you pay for high area, the facilities are good, but they also charge you a bomb for the same - so what is the benefit of the high psf pricing charged upfront.

Comment

have a builder friend who swears that the italian marbles used in indian construction are mostly chinese imports and says they are times cheaper than the ones available at retailers here

Comment

Yes, everyone knows the price is high.
            But what is the alternative.

Is there any project that is comparable to Hira in the under 2C segment.

Let's discuss the competition first and then we can go into specs.

Comment

Originally posted by rajkumar2086 View Post
              have a builder friend who swears that the italian marbles used in indian construction are mostly chinese imports and says they are times cheaper than the ones available at retailers here
              Ofcourse italian marbles are 99% never from italy they will be blended with chinese knock offs
              have you shopped sh*t in italy , that is one screwed up country , dont know how but every thing is expensive , every one is lazy but every one shows rich
              beats me

Comment

We have same problem in Singapore, whenever I purchase any Italian made items for interiors and fittings, I always make sure they are "Made in Italy", most of the time they are Italian brands but "Made in China".

Even the "Made in Italy" tags are dubious, atleast when buying Swiss watches with "Swiss made" tag we know 50% of the components/labor will be in Swiss and rest will be from China, whereas I'm not aware of any government established regulation for Italian made items.

I recently spotted a dead cheap Tissot watch on ebay, I later found that it is not original Tissot but OEM, meaning the Chinese manufacturers who make Tissot parts use the same machinery and same raw materials and make OEM Tissot during night shift. You can hardly tell difference between original and OEM. It is becoming a great menace.

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
                  Yes, everyone knows the price is high.
                  But what is the alternative.

Is there any project that is comparable to Hira in the under 2C segment.

Let's discuss the competition first and then we can go into specs.
                  Agree, but don't justify the rate using construction costs and interiors.
                  Pricing is too complex, it can never be arrived using mathematical equation due to "willing seller-willing buyer" factor.

This applies to all projects, not just under 2Cr. All humans don't think alike, you may not see value in something but some other person may see great value.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
                    Agree, but don't justify the rate using construction costs and interiors.
                    Pricing is too complex, it can never be arrived using mathematical equation due to "willing seller-willing buyer" factor.

This applies to all projects, not just under 2Cr. All humans don't think alike, you may not see value in something but some other person may see great value.
                    Yes, I am not jutifying Hira's pricing.
                    But all I am saying is that there is no competition.

If you have 1-2C budget for end use flat. What else will you buy in OMR. section. Include GST too along with Medvakkam, Pallikarani, etc.

Comment

It is not true that people with 1-2cr budget will automatically buy Hira. They'll do so only when it suits their unique requirement, else they may buy a penthouse in Lancor central park heights or a unit in Malles Altius or Ceebros Boulevard or a SL unit in Sobha Meritta for all we know.

If I have such money, I will definitely not invest in Hira upscale for sure.

However for someone looking for super high floor sea facing unit or mega township or school within township, Hira is a great choice.
                      Last edited May 10 2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X