Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
    buy a penthouse in Lancor central park heights or a unit in Malles Altius or Ceebros Boulevard or a SL unit in Sobha Meritta for all we know.
    None of these are not even in the same range as Hira.

A 4/5-bhk penthouse in a regular complex will not make up for a 3-bhk in luxury building.

Hira wins in the following areas.

High rise (40 floors, it cannot be compared to crummy 7 or 10 storeyed buildings)
    Sea View
    Main OMR Rd
    Top notch const quality (relative term)
    Very good landscaping
    No car park issues multiple car parks per apt possible
    Few apts per floor (does not have corridor with 25 apts per floor)
    Private clubhouse for super luxury towers
    Specs are better than regular apts, not the best but beats others in area by long shot.
    Decent and multiple clubhouses.
    Each building has its own mini assn.
    Good sized baths
    Multiple options in floorplan.
    Good quality lobby
    Most important - good gentry no/very less smaller units.

Many other points but ticks most of the boxes.
    Last edited May 10 2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Add good graveyards to the list above and that too three of them.

J/K.

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
        None of these are not even in the same range as Hira.

A 4/5-bhk penthouse in a regular complex will not make up for a 3-bhk in luxury building.

Hira wins in the following areas.

High rise (40 floors, it cannot be compared to crummy 7 or 10 storeyed buildings)

Agree, very few option for someone looking at 20+ floor.

Sea View

XS Siena offers same for fraction of price, just an example. There are other options like Mantri Synergy or Opaline or TVH if someone is purely looking at just sea view.

Main OMR Rd

Same as above. I can list disadvantages as well like poor ground water quality, cremation grounds. It is status quo.

Top notch const quality (relative term)

You have said it is relative term. We have seen complaints from buyers and tenants. Still irrespective of complaints, it is widely accepted that Hira's construction quality is one of best in India. Moreover a well built apartment close to sea has only as much lifetime as poorly built apartment away from sea is my view due to soil salinity and nature's corrosive forces. So it cancels out.

Very good landscaping

I see good landscaping in lot of projects. We have seen how Singapore architect landscaping in DLF garden city turned out to be . So will have to wait and see..

No car park issues multiple car parks per apt possible

Many apartments provide this because all modern apartments provide two levels of basement and 30% plot coverage as per CMDA/DTCP DCR. No big deal. L&T Eden park continued to sell additional car parks until last month.

Few apts per floor (does not have corridor with 25 apts per floor)

Which project has 25 apartment per floor? Lets not compare Hira with no name builder.

Private clubhouse for super luxury towers

Only for seagull right?

Specs are better than regular apts, not the best but beats others in area by long shot.

Can you elaborate? Let us see if you can provide figure to justify 2000 psf more they are charging over ADD Albatross.

Decent and multiple clubhouses.

Can't have single clubhouse for 110 acres. ASV Alexandra provides largest swimming pool in Chennai and good club house facilities for small project. Going by acerage calculation, Hira must provide atleast 20 similar clubhouses

Each building has its own mini assn.

Most multi block projects have this concept, including Sobha Meritta.

Good sized baths

As apartment unit size increases, bath size, balcony size, dining area size, etc will obviously increase proportionally. Are you saying there is no project providing as big a bathroom as Hira? Please let me know bathroom size in Hira and I'll show many projects providing units with similar bathroom size.

Multiple options in floorplan

Are you saying other projects don't provide so many options? Ultimately a floor plan that we like is more important than number of different type of floor plans builder provides

Good quality lobby

This is advantage in building taller blocks, builder will be able to provide grander lobby as he distributes the cost to more households in the block. Can't expect similar thing in S+4 construction. Of course there are other benefits in S+4 construction like greater UDS, easy access to terrace facilities, ease of maintenance, lower maintenance cost etc...

Most important - good gentry no/very less smaller units.

Hira hasn't revealed their plan for EWS units yet. There are projects like XS Siena with no EWS units at all.

Many other points but ticks most of the boxes.

Many other points tick boxes for other projects also
        Reply in bold

Comment

There seems to be lot of hype about clubhouse, so I did some digging and here is what I found.

There are two clubhouses: One for Phase-1 and other for rest. Seagull alone is provided a seperate clubhouse facility.

Phase-1 clubhouse is shared by following blocks: Greenwood, Bridgewood, Birchwood, Seawood, Pinewood and Brentwood.

Phase-2 clubhouse is shared by following: Oceanic, Edina, Sinovia, Bayview, Tiana, Amalfi, Marina and Octavia.

Following are club house amenities provided (from brochure):

-Swimming pool (need to check dimensions if bigger than ASV Alexandria)
          -Coffee shop & restaurant
          -Gym
          -Squash and badminton courts
          -Banquet hall
          -Multipurpose hall
          -Billiards room
          -Yoga, Meditation & Aerobics center
          -Table tennis
          -Theater 15 seater (even tiny apartments provide more seating!!)
          -Spa & Salon
          -Snooker and pool
          -Children play area

No tennis court? Even 6 acres Sobha and L&T Eden park provides them!
          PBEL provides full fledged cricket ground. I'm sure L&T Estancia will win hands down with more facilities.

There is a 7 acre land parcel in which there will be facilities like office space, shopping mall, service apartment, hotel, etc.. but these are open to public and not restricted to residents alone. Of course residents will enjoy benefit of having these facilities close by.

If you notice, Hira has pushed residential units to end of their land parcel, this means the blocks themselves are a bit further away from OMR.

My intention is not to put down Hira, I'm sure people who buy see value in it from both end use and investment perspective. Also it has given great returns in the past few years. Hira has also not let down existing customers even during financial turmoil.

However, this is not be all end all for anyone with 1-2Crore budget and looking for apartment in OMR as K11 is suggesting.
          Last edited May 10 2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Post 484 - at some price point , value is not a product of these amenities. A 5 crore apartment will not have 10 times the feature of a 50 lakh apartment.

It is more on the basis of image and the perceived brand value on the customers mind

Comment

L4L,

You comparing specific feature of a particular township. Just tell a twonship that has most of the features comparable to Hira.

If the 1-2C budget cannot have options, the customer can rather look at options inside the city. What is the point of buying regular apts like Lancor CPH or others if I just need a good 3-bhk. I would rather get something like the Phoenix Crest, Velachery (Phoenix Mall) or some nicer building inside the city.

I am not siding up with Hira. Yes, their pricing is high.
              But I am able to see why Hira is popular. The buyers are not stupids, there is a strong reason why they chose Hira. Biggest one is lack of choice.

1-2C segment (upper middle class, Higher end IT employees, NRI) is one of the biggest growing segments.

B'lore builders and some other builders do not make nice buildings in suburbs. Suburbs means low end or mid grade buildings for them.

You cannot expect 1500rs/sqft imported marble or a 1000rs/sqft hardwood floor in a 5000rs/sqft building. Builders are not stupid.

Akshaya, Olympia and Hira are the only ones investing and making these nicer buildings.

Comment

#452,

Most of us do empathise when experience wasn't pleasant esp. when we lose valuable time and money. But, spraying bullets in all directions may not provide redemption.

1. I do not know how many CGs were there in past, but I have my serious reservation on allegations like active one inside the campus, would appreciate if it's substantiated with proof in public forums.

2. I can only vouch for my own experience- they are no saints, but when we evaluate shouldn't it be our own responsibility to validate builder's claims both online and offline. I do not know the circumstances why someone lost money during transaction, if they feel they are doing yeoman service- bit more objectivity will add lot of weight-age.

3. I beg to differ, when investors/residents are portrayed as victims and collective intelligence questioned. All said and done one can walk out of the deal, if its unpalatable - it's possible Hira can go bankrupt, M&A or caught up in regulatory hurdles, or, change in personal circumstance and have our own risk mitigation strategy. (Whether you wear Ermenegildo Zegna or Raymonds, shouldn't it be individual choice? )

4. Personally I do expect lot of hues and churn out happening over next 5-8 years as township of this size may require atleast 10-12 years to settle and operate like well-oiled machine. Investors looking for quick exit may well be disappointed. Townships can only be as good as the resident community.

5. Wide interest on projects like Hira is understandable; they should be scrutinised for their tall claims, but also need to ensure- one doesn't end up with Stockholm syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
                  L4L,

The buyers are not stupids, there is a strong reason why they chose Hira.
                  Boss! we are inevitably stupid. Do you think that all these scams and frauds on a mass scale (finance, magnetic beds, MLM, emu and such ponzi schemes) would have been successful if we were intelligent. 99.99% percent of the consumer crowd are goats of a herd and we do things because someone we know/heard/trust has either done it or recommended it.

Marketing & Advertising rule the world. With good advertising you can even sell bad apples and with good marketing you can pass the bad ones for good like how koundamani did in one movie with banana peels

Comment

I tend to agree with rajkumar....our larger wisdom is that 1000 of people are buying how can it be wrong approach, instead of individually negotiating with builders to the finest details to secure their interests. I have given many examples and instances how it can be achieved but those who side with builders (for whatever reasons) dismiss such suggestion is impractical and this/that etc....Now when these guys are stuck with a builder after spending 2 or 3 crore none of these soothsayers will come for your rescue.

As a buyer you need to suspect every builder like Anupav chitfund and Lehman brothers and approach the deal with very tight fisted approach. Do not give any benefit of doubt to builder, write contract in your favour with hefty penalty clause, secure your interests through very well established SLP (to the last stone unturned)....if this is not possible, please be aware that you are entering the rabbit hole on your own.

Comment

Hi,Please cross check with people who are aware of whats comming inside hira.Who said that there are no tennis courts???Did Hira told you so?Well, for your info there are tennis courts which are comming very close to Grrenwood & you will see it soon.
                      Originally posted by Love4land View Post
                      There seems to be lot of hype about clubhouse, so I did some digging and here is what I found.

There are two clubhouses: One for Phase-1 and other for rest. Seagull alone is provided a seperate clubhouse facility.

Phase-1 clubhouse is shared by following blocks: Greenwood, Bridgewood, Birchwood, Seawood, Pinewood and Brentwood.

Phase-2 clubhouse is shared by following: Oceanic, Edina, Sinovia, Bayview, Tiana, Amalfi, Marina and Octavia.

Following are club house amenities provided (from brochure):

-Swimming pool (need to check dimensions if bigger than ASV Alexandria)
                      -Coffee shop & restaurant
                      -Gym
                      -Squash and badminton courts
                      -Banquet hall
                      -Multipurpose hall
                      -Billiards room
                      -Yoga, Meditation & Aerobics center
                      -Table tennis
                      -Theater 15 seater (even tiny apartments provide more seating!!)
                      -Spa & Salon
                      -Snooker and pool
                      -Children play area

No tennis court? Even 6 acres Sobha and L&T Eden park provides them!
                      PBEL provides full fledged cricket ground. I'm sure L&T Estancia will win hands down with more facilities.

There is a 7 acre land parcel in which there will be facilities like office space, shopping mall, service apartment, hotel, etc.. but these are open to public and not restricted to residents alone. Of course residents will enjoy benefit of having these facilities close by.

If you notice, Hira has pushed residential units to end of their land parcel, this means the blocks themselves are a bit further away from OMR.

My intention is not to put down Hira, I'm sure people who buy see value in it from both end use and investment perspective. Also it has given great returns in the past few years. Hira has also not let down existing customers even during financial turmoil.

However, this is not be all end all for anyone with 1-2Crore budget and looking for apartment in OMR as K11 is suggesting.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X