Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by sundarjp View Post
    If it is the case, where will an senior executive or expat would prefer to live? a posh private bungalow with a beach access or apartment in Hira with sea view?
    IMO its a question of preference
    If i could get a private swimming pool on a 7200sqft land 5500sqft property for 1.25Lakh a month a rent i will prefer that over high rise
    but thats me.
    If the expat has kids and needs social living then high rise
    take an example of Palm Meadows in Bangalore by adarsh developers, most expat renters live there for a good reason rents are between 1.5 ot 2L
    prices are from 4 to 10C

Comment

Villas would have decent rents as well, like Olympia Panache which comes with pool and amenities.
      But it will be lower than Seagull, Akshaya Abov, Sky Villa etc. Preference would be more towards Apts in OMR market. Sea View, Lanscaped gardens, shops nearby in the GC, big clubhouse, private gym, will all be attractive.

Indep bunglows will have high end takers only when it is packaged with manpower such as Security personel, gardener, manager, etc in this OMR market. Also it has to be on the main road or off of main road. There aren't any places like that on OMR.

Gated communities and high rises rule the OMR market. Social Infra is low in certain streches. Hotels will also do decent business.
      Last edited June 21 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Hira is not sea view, try to visit a block like Oceanic and ask for tour. Even from topmost floor (28 level), you'll mostly see only buckingham canal.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
          Hira is not sea view, try to visit a block like Oceanic and ask for tour. Even from topmost floor (28 level), you'll mostly see only buckingham canal.
          L4L its totally a preference issue i think, i had the tour in my last trip , im not a fan, i like to be close to the water, my ECR holdings are dead on the last street less than 120M from water, again risky but you simply cannot beat the view.

Comment

A person born and brought up in Chennai wouldn't pay premium for buckingham canal view, because it is only a matter of time that it turns into a sewage and start attracting illegal encroachers. It is mostly outsiders from other parts of TN and other states who fall for these kind of gimmicks.

Check this recent news:

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...struction-work

Comment

@SR,

Please share your views based on your tour during last trip.

Comment

Is it fair for builders to only divide land occupied by building and distribute to owners, with builder retaining all remaining land? Here is the view of competition comission of India:

Competition Commission of India modifies DLF-buyer agreements - Economic Times

CCI has barred DLF from selling parking slots and said that the allottees of Belaire Complex jointly would have undivided ownership rights over land area in ratio of FAR inclusive of the footprint of the building and not alone on the footprint of the building as is asserted by DLF in the agreement and asked DLF to refund preferential location charges with interest if the allottee does not get apartment with preferential location

I strongly recommend Hiranandani owners to get similar alteration to their sale agreement and get their full share of UDS.

Comment

OCEANIC name is coined since its is fully exposed to Ocean from 5BHK sides and partially for 4 BHKs in left and right sides. If one is Blind, one can not help.

Recommending to owners is unwarranted as you are known for tongue twisting . See your own posts explaining that Hira must maintain common facilities .For UDS too you have slammed VASANTH in subsequent posts.

Why you are having this double standards ?

Come to Hira ,if I am not able to show Ocean , I will pay 5 Lacs or else you must pay.

Are you Ready ? Or as usual " Escape" by using elusive and evasive tactics.

Originally Posted by avasanth

People not paying manitenance is a problem whether builder maintains it or the association maintains it. That the law doesnt work applies equally to both.

What individual owners say doesnt matter in an association. People will have different views - you cannot cull out views of individual owners and say thats good enough reason to let the builder do the maintenance.

I think you have not fully understood that when builder does the maintenance, you are not in control of something that effects you. Owners maintain their property in most cities and in predominant projects in Chennai. Good or bad, you have a body that is accountable to the owners.

I have mixed views on UDS and partially agree with you, though it does seem to matter to many folks. The real issue is who owns the land. If all project land is owned by owners, may be UDS is not so relevant.

LOVE4LAND REPLY

I personally feel it will be better if builder maintains common facilities. We may end up paying bit higher, but it will help preserve value of apartment thereby increasing resale potential. The entire facade of my apartment building in Thiruvanmiyur is destroyed due to murky water from external aircon unit dirtying the exterior walls. I would personally want to repaint the whole exterior before selling my apartment, but rest of the owners won't agree to it. This will definitely impact the resale value of my apartment.

If the same happens in Upscale, I'm sure the builder will promptly repaint exterior every few years, as it is a perpetual project for Hiranandani and he will continue to build new blocks and sell it and hence has to keep the entire project presentable to attract future buyers.

Who is going to foot the bill to keep the township spanking clean? the owners of course. Is it worth? They chose to buy an expensive apartment costing 1cr or more in a remote isolated part of chennai. Why did they buy it? Because builder is reputed and project will be top class. Now suddenly after a few years they feel the pinch of high maintenance cost. They can't resort to cheap means to bring down the cost. They will be affecting quality of life of other residents.

Comment

Judgement Reserved since you argued in favour of Hira last year around same time ( might be expecting some referral ) and bashing against by pulling CCI irrelevantly . None of the owners need your Recommendation as you blatantly bluffing blindly that Oceanic is not having Sea View . Here your double standard and dubious post

Originally Posted by skanna82

I am considering buying a 3bhk apartment in Hira Phase 2 (Sinovia). I strongly believe that Hira Upscale would be one of the best place to live in Chennai in another 5 years (because of the location advantage, quality, amenities, school and other proposed facilities).

But I have few questions. If you guys can share your opinion, it would be great. That will help a lot in my decision making.

1) What’s the average lifetime of a high rise apartment like the Hira (25+ floors)?

2) The UDS is very low (8%). For 1695 sq.ft. apartment, the UDS is just 135 sq.ft. I know most of the people buying in Hira, buys there because of high quality, luxury and amenities and they may not worry much about resale value. But, I want to consider about the resale potential as well. After 10 years, if I want to sell the apartment, would there be takers at good price given the VERY LOW UDS (as I thought that UDS plays a very key role in resale value)?

3) Given the very low UDS (135 sq.ft. for apartment that I am looking at), what would happen when it’s time for redevelopment?

4) Would there be any disadvantages living in lower floors in a high rise apartment like Hira? I am considering 2nd floor in a 24 floor apartment. My parents (Age 60+) wouldn’t feel comfortable living in higher floors as they wouldn’t be able to walk more than 1-2 flight of stairs just in case needed

Thanks!!!

REPLY BY LOVE4LAND

I feel Chennai-vaasis obsession with UDS is slowly receding, just a decade back projects with superior amenities, bang on main road but lower UDS used to sell for much lower price than prevailing rate. I don't see such differentiation anymore.

Who would have imagined apartments in a given locality will be much more expensive than land? This is another indication.

Also the fact that Hira is much more expensive that apartments closer to city points to changing mindset.

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
                    Is it fair for builders to only divide land occupied by building and distribute to owners, with builder retaining all remaining land? Here is the view of competition comission of India:

Competition Commission of India modifies DLF-buyer agreements - Economic Times

I strongly recommend Hiranandani owners to get similar alteration to their sale agreement and get their full share of UDS.

Comment

@Ravi,

One of the major disadvantage quoted against Hira is ultra-low UDS of 10%. If you approach CCI, the issue will be resolved with a simple judgement. You'll end up getting 32% UDS instead of 10%. This will dramatically boost resale value of Hira.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X