Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Collapse
X
Collapse

Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

    I have posted the same questions in a diff thread. Posting the same as well as did not find any information in website

    1) Does Hira have sufficient provisions in place to handle an emergency or fire?
    2) Do they have wide fire exists to handle these many numbers of apartments?
    3) Is each house and floor equipped with fire sensor and alarm?
    4) Do they have sprinklers inside flat and corridor to handle fire?
    5) Do they have a PA system in place which will take care of all residents of apartment?

    I am just trying to gauge the safety standards of skyscrapers in chennai. I see lot of discussion on sea view etc but none on the safety aspect.

    Comment


    • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

      YES for all your five queries

      They have refuge flats and area

      All flats have sprinklers and smoke detectors besides their corridor in Foyer with Alarm Annunciators in GF with indications

      PA system will shout in case of any abnormalities

      Because High rise buildings built by builders provide all the above or not , Regulators are very keen in checking and controlling

      Fire safety , extinguishers , in all floors,flats and basement car parks areas

      Explosion certificate is not issued for more than 13 floors and hence piped gas supply is denied by Authority

      Lifts have fail safe mechanism and next level standing with 1 sec per floor speed for high speed Transportation with Paging facilities

      These are all in place based on Regulators norms and Builders Provison

      Originally posted by srivat View Post
      I have posted the same questions in a diff thread. Posting the same as well as did not find any information in website

      1) Does Hira have sufficient provisions in place to handle an emergency or fire?
      2) Do they have wide fire exists to handle these many numbers of apartments?
      3) Is each house and floor equipped with fire sensor and alarm?
      4) Do they have sprinklers inside flat and corridor to handle fire?
      5) Do they have a PA system in place which will take care of all residents of apartment?

      I am just trying to gauge the safety standards of skyscrapers in chennai. I see lot of discussion on sea view etc but none on the safety aspect.

      Comment


      • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

        Originally posted by srivat View Post
        I have posted the same questions in a diff thread. Posting the same as well as did not find any information in website

        1) Does Hira have sufficient provisions in place to handle an emergency or fire?
        2) Do they have wide fire exists to handle these many numbers of apartments?
        3) Is each house and floor equipped with fire sensor and alarm?
        4) Do they have sprinklers inside flat and corridor to handle fire?
        5) Do they have a PA system in place which will take care of all residents of apartment?

        I am just trying to gauge the safety standards of skyscrapers in chennai. I see lot of discussion on sea view etc but none on the safety aspect.

        Yes, they do have fire alarms installed.

        Fire drill planned for 2nd week of july.

        They have one refuge area for every 4 floors in each tower that can be used during emergencies.

        They have 2 sets of staircases that can be used in case of emergencies.

        I believe they will have a way to communicate to all residents in case of emergency.

        I will get more details on these and share.

        Please find below Q&A in their Oct'12 newsletter focused on facility management (though its based on what they follow in Powai and we expect it to be similar in Chennai).

        http://houseofhiranandani.com/downlo...letter-oct.pdf


        T
        alking on safety, what are the other measures deployed by the
        facility management team at Hiranandani to ensure that the
        buildings remain safe havens?

        Our trained and highly qualified team members are focussed on
        ensuring that our buildings remain utmost safe to the occupants,
        clients and customers. Safety preparedness, aspects and compliance
        are assured through day-to-day checking of the Fire Alarm System
        (FAS), Elevator Safety, conducting security and safety drills including
        evacuation drill. Recently, at one of our regular evacuation drills at
        our large multi tenanted commercial buildings, the head count of
        evacuees was more than 4500 which underlines our emphasis and
        ability in handling emergency situations. For prevention and curbing
        of crimes, we have round the clock surveillance through special task
        force patrolling and electronic cameras. Hirananadani’s are amongst
        the first in the industry to introduce third party audit of FAS, Elevators
        and MEP equipment. We have also introduced Bridge Calls or Call
        Conferencing system for augmenting communication system in case
        of emergency situation for effective and smooth response. Awareness
        programs on combating terrorism and managing disasters are also
        conducted from time to time, with the support of public authorities
        and consultants, for the benefit of residents and commercial clients.

        Comment


        • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

          Thanks Ravi for sharing the details. I just posted and then saw your post

          Comment


          • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

            Good points raised here- Health and Safety is something hardly lists on the top. As already stated above there is good awareness and control around the facility management team. There must be a Fire station (within few miles radius) nearby for MSB building approval.

            Few more points worth noting- All cables must be fire-resistant, circuit breakers on each flat, and separate transformer for each block to regulate voltage fluctuation. (It really makes big difference to your lifestyle and longevity of electric products- but comes with huge cost)
            Last edited June 24 2013, 01:24 AM.

            Comment


            • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

              Does the fire station have capability to put out fires in the top most floor of hira ?
              I don't think they have the capabilities of doing that yet ( correct me if I am wrong ) . Also in case of huge fire like the WTC , what are the pros and cons of high rise in chennai ....

              One thing that scares me is these high rises in gated communities are soo close to each other that god forbid something happens, Its gonna effect all buildings around it. this is just a thought.


              Originally posted by Clairvoyant View Post
              Good points raised here- Health and Safety is something hardly lists on the top. As already stated above there is good awareness and control around the facility management team. There must be a Fire station (within few miles radius) nearby for MSB building approval.

              Few more points worth noting- All cables must be fire-resistant, circuit breakers on each flat, and separate transformer for each block to regulate voltage fluctuation. (It really makes big difference to your lifestyle and longevity of electric products- but comes with huge cost)

              Comment


              • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

                @Navin,

                That capability may exist, but one thing that is definitely not there for sure is rescuing people above 20th floor when say 20th floor is engulfed with fire. Fire department doesn't have crane or platform to reach such heights to rescue people.

                Our fire department also does not have helicopters unlike their counterparts in developed countries where skyscrapers have helipads on top.

                Comment


                • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai



                  "I think its high time that this thread is closed. wow wow 64 pages of bashing , praising , confusing remarks for new users/buyers , this is incredible. This thread should be voted the best of the best"



                  This thread is 6 months youger than Sobha but already 10 pages more than Sobha Merita.

                  What do you say Navin?

                  Comment


                  • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

                    Originally posted by navink View Post
                    Does the fire station have capability to put out fires in the top most floor of hira ?
                    I don't think they have the capabilities of doing that yet ( correct me if I am wrong ) . Also in case of huge fire like the WTC , what are the pros and cons of high rise in chennai ....

                    One thing that scares me is these high rises in gated communities are soo close to each other that god forbid something happens, Its gonna effect all buildings around it. this is just a thought.
                    There are more such things in high rises. We have seen situations where Diesel availability becomes scares due to various factors which will impact the running of generators coupled with huge power cuts, what would be the situation of people who are in the top most floors?

                    Comment


                    • Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

                      Originally posted by Economist View Post


                      "I think its high time that this thread is closed. wow wow 64 pages of bashing , praising , confusing remarks for new users/buyers , this is incredible. This thread should be voted the best of the best"



                      This thread is 6 months youger than Sobha but already 10 pages more than Sobha Merita.

                      What do you say Navin?
                      Navink's concern in Sobha Meritta thread is genuine, don't keep following him and taunting over his post.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X