Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Originally posted by ChennaiInv View Post
    There are more such things in high rises. We have seen situations where Diesel availability becomes scares due to various factors which will impact the running of generators coupled with huge power cuts, what would be the situation of people who are in the top most floors?

Water availability is more important. Not sure if Hira buys water and if so in the current water tanker strike not sure how it is impacted. I know few apartments in OMR where tankers are the sole source.

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post

"I think its high time that this thread is closed. wow wow 64 pages of bashing , praising , confusing remarks for new users/buyers , this is incredible. This thread should be voted the best of the best"

This thread is 6 months youger than Sobha but already 10 pages more than Sobha Merita.

What do you say Navin?
      @L4L,

Why do you think the above post is not a genuine concern just like the genuine concern expressed in Sobha Meritta thread for only 54 pages.

This yonger thread has over 64 pages in a short time.
      lots of bashing in those 64pages.

Comment

Economist

please tell me something , why do u always copy and paste from a thread it was posted on to a different thread and comment on that which has nothing to do with sobha ?? . going forward, please post ur replies in the respective thread.

well my concern can also apply to this Hira thread as well.

@L4L,

Why do you think the above post is not a genuine concern just like the genuine concern expressed in Sobha Meritta thread for only 54 pages.

This yonger thread has over 64 pages in a short time.
        lots of bashing in those 64pages.

Comment

Originally posted by navink View Post
          Economist

well my concern can also apply to this Hira thread as well.
          Exactly, That was my point.
          Just prompting politely, In case the mesuring yard stick was forgotten.

Thanks.

Comment

yard stick ?? lol
            I didnt mean to offend anyone but was just raising my concerns.

Exactly, That was my point.
            Just prompting politely, In case the mesuring yard stick was forgotten.

Thanks.

Comment

the answer is going to be nothing breaks in Hira and every thing will be maintained above par.
              Well it may be true, i visited in Nov/Dec trip
              I was not a fan of the ocean view, CV posted a good pic but in any of the views i had an option to see from OC on 5BHK and 4BHK the view to me is not great - my expectations were high, im like going in there wanting to see BLUE sea like how i see from my window in cancun or any carribean island - not not all, infact ECR property ocean view is much much better -
              That does not mean its not pretty - IT IS but not to my expectations of a 2-3C property
              Second i have fear of very high heights so thats a problem for me , i can never trust systems and codes and enforcements in chennai to do the very best to ensure safety in such high rises, there was a time in US when i lived in a 12th floor apart 15 years back not a fan at all, it does not give me a feeling of house but more of a large hotel suite. corridors, hall ways, leading to doors, like a hotel not a house
              Third, regardless of construction quality and fire exits, elevator quality etc i dont have a good feeling of performance of our builders in such high buildings in chennai
              Fourth - HISTORY always says when a company sets out to build the tallest building tallest flat ( archean albatross) or largest township it usually follows by financially hardship to that company - there is a very very long list of history behind it
              Sears holdings largest retailer in 1969 built sears towers and went broke
              Burj Dubai which got named into burg khalifa due to abudhabu sheikh opportunism and dubai sheikh going broke
              CN tower was built but full plan was never realized
              Stratosphere LAS Vegas
              (The Stratosphere opened on April 30, 1996. Shortly after opening, the Stratosphere Corporation was forced to file bankruptcy. This caused construction on the second tower to stop, with only a few stories partially built, and it allowed Carl Icahn to gain control through one of his companies by buying a majority of the outstanding bonds.)
              Empire State building - NYC - opened right at the height of depression ran on a loss for 5+ years and got SOLD due to being a loss making entity
              Chrysler Building - escaped the curse as it was built for mr chrysler as a personal property not for the corporation
              World Trade Center - NYC - we all know what happened
              So when some one says im going to build the tallest tower in chennai - my brain says - trouble trouble -
              I think this must be an interesting view point on Hira and Albatross.
              So nothing personal but it did not fit my taste thats all --

Comment

I had the same disappointment when I looked out of top floor balcony in Oceanic. When we imagine sea view, we have high expectations.

I too believe view from sea front properties in ECR is much better with sandy beach and waves lapping on shore. High floor apartment is no match for beachfront villa when it comes to sea view.

My suggestion to prospective buyers is, go with subdued expectation.

Comment

L4L its no stretch ugly IMO, it does look pretty unique compared to other properties, but i live breath and cherish ECR and have holdings by the water so for me expectation is very high
                  Recently i checked a property in TEMPLE TREE in Krishnan karanai
                  and Aqua marina right next door new layout
                  Link
                  TEMPLE TREES, Krishnan karanai village

the sea view from the farthest property is unbeleivable. but if you look for what its worth the view is nice, but no comparison IMHO

Comment

SR:
                    Living by the beach is great. Living with in 500 m is no comparison for the breeze and other benefits. Can you watch the blue sea even if you live with in 250m from the sea, sipping your coffee in the morning? Views are very different from "living by" the sea. Yes, it is a preference but those are disjoint preferences of different class. No comparison.

Also, living with in 500m or 750m poses risk, however small or rare it may. It is a hassle to prepare oneself before every cyclone/storm. Have you been to Breezy point, NY? Its a fantastic location and I spoke to the locals in 2000 when I was visiting as a tourist, asking them, with the hurricane threat over Atlantic working like a clock work every year, how do you manage? They said, its been good so far and we do leave the homes when the warnings are severe. You know what Sandy did to Breezy point, NY - complete devastation. I was recollecting the conversation of the 60 year old man at that time. For those who need breeze but do not want to deal with such uncertainties, expensive sea view is a much better compromise.

Mav

Comment

I agree, to sit couple of 100 feet above ground and enjoy an expansive view (sea or greenery) is very different from sitting ground level near the sea/green field. This is comparing apples and oranges.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X