No exclusive thread for Hiranandani Upscale OMR project. Thought of creating one so that we can follow the developments, Rental yields, Issues and other topics.

Happy forumming

be the change you want to see in the world :)
Read more
1826 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Clair

Solid Value Addition was the world which I last used in this forum since I have seen loose cement particles coming out of my flats in Chennai in the past 7 times .

Saw several builders for G+3 and S+4 through Builder Assn of Chennai and Cbe but in vain .

Could realize frankly that constructing 30-40 feet in ordinary way with lipsticks approach outside through paints and decoration and furnishings inside does not yield any Value over a period of time . So I was forced to dispose my old inventories .

I really expect DLF, LODHA ,SOBHA to copy what Hira adopted simply by hiring Hafeez contractor ( DLF engages Hafeez but why they did not adopt double wall ... Many would have bought through group all the flats long back had they adopted that despite bad location ) but wondering what is wrong with them to copy and offer ?

They can not because they do not have experience , expertise and above all the withstanding capacity of such long lead time to deliver and maintain for ever the way it has been delivered .

I am the first one to be happy and buyer even if such offering is made in 30-40 feet height buildings anywhere in chennai .

Something is hiding the eyes of builders and their mind too , you know .
    CommentQuote
  • Glad to note this . Keep it up . Now there is no need to plan for one more sketch like Eco :)

Good night comes always when eyes are closed :)

Originally Posted by srivat

Hiding my eyes. Did not read the one meant for K11 and Clair. ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Bloom & Gold Supermarket Photo

Attaching couple photos of Bloom & Gold Supermarket in Hira Upscale. Also, attaching the update about this from recent Hira Newsletter.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Shop doesnt look upscale...may be prices are upscale...to be honest nilgiris in bolleni looks to be better option...
    CommentQuote
  • Kannan,

12 storey Residential flats 80 nos , Shopping Mall and Service Apartments ( 3 towers ) are being planned in the left side of Main entry side by one Pvt player . Completion time is by 2015

Interestingly, Hiras commercial complex and SA too are located just opposite in the right side of entrance as per Master Plan . Whether Hira too would set up mall and hotel in opposite side or wait for Allied project to get completed by staying in sidelines remains to be seen. I do not think Hira would setup simultaneously as heavy vehicles movement path would get disturbed ,if they indulge now and may wait in the sidelines .

That Pvt Player is Precisely Allied investment and housing as their vehicles and securities started moving in. 

They hold land from main road to Bloom store almost and the last 5 years waiting would have made them to plunge in to set up the 5 lac sqft shopping mall and 2 lacs sqft Hotel besides Residential tower too . 

I understand now now why Hira opened small store B&G as agianst Haikoo in this 28-31-40 floors high rise towers community . They would have got updates being Neighbours long back and resorted for this small store for time being that too with Galvalum sheet roofing as Prefab structures are easy to move out like Marketing office

It is good for HUS , SEZ, other communities from Padur Sorroundings by avoiding Toll gate entry
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Ravi. It would be great for the nearby residents if the Allied Mall comes up there.

Sundar, I agree that B&G doesn't look very upscale. But this is definitely a good start.

Please note that this is just their first retail setup in this project and I am sure it would be upgraded in future as the township expands. Hira definitely has huge commercial plans in this project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by REC2013
    Kannan,

12 storey Residential flats 80 nos , Shopping Mall and Service Apartments ( 3 towers ) are being planned in the left side of Main entry side by one Pvt player . Completion time is by 2015

That Pvt Player is Precisely Allied investment and housing as their vehicles and securities started moving in.

Good to see some movement as this was supposed to start at 2006 and complete around 2008. Unfortunately went on an backburner. Arhiant was supposed to be partner in implementation at that time.

Initial plan was an hotel and mall.

"The 6.1 lakh sq ft Allied-Arihant mall, coming up at Navalur, will comprise 4.7 lakh sq ft of retail space and 1.4 lakh sq ft of hospitality space. "It will have a 8-9 screen multiplex, besides several food courts and retail stores.
    With a 160-room business hotel too to come up in the complex, we are providing ample car parking facility to house 1,200 cars at a time," Mohammed Arshad, executive director, Allied Group told ET. "

Malls bet big on Chennai OMR - Economic Times
    CommentQuote
  • Shopping mall with multiplexes do often follow the mass movements and crowd consolidated pockets aggressively like what we have seen in Exp Ave,PMC,City Centre in city by totally devastating the Ispahani and Spencer in toto. Here 2008 slowdown and delay in shaping up the township in various parts halted the commercial developments . ECR is linked with OMR SEZ by U shape both from Kelambakkam link and Shol Jn link by 13-15 Kms with 2 different tolls which is dead against crowd puller .

Hence MARG abandoned halfway through ( due to financial crisis ), CP changed hands to Agoram of SSI with 90% vacant slots and Allied Investments too abandoned by leaving basement and elevated Phosphated iron rods for 15 feet since then .

Now having seen the raised towers of Opaline,Ivy,Hira,Mantri,Jain,Akshaya,EP, DLF etc followed by McDonald's, PH,Taj Gateway,etc , Renewed interest might have been brewed in the mind of promoters to encash the missed opportunity in this stretch .

Everything needs good TIME and Time always come at correct TIME for some and for some it comes at Wrong Time .

Anyway it is good time for all the moving crowd for the invested nests.
    CommentQuote
  • Last time I visited Navalur I saw a godown like building named Coromandel plaza. Has it become fully occupied and started fetching money for promotors?

It was supposed to look like this when work started:
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    Last time I visited Navalur I saw a godown like building named Coromandel plaza. Has it become fully occupied and started fetching money for promotors?

It was supposed to look like this when work started:

Yes the plan changed and looks more like a textile company. But I personally don't mind the external and would be happy if good hypermarket and other stores starts.

As of now only cinema, few food outlets are operational. It will take sometime for stores to come in as now only residents have started moving in. Business delay operational rather than incurring losses. For mall stores footfall is more important to increase probability of purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sundarjp
    Shop doesnt look upscale...may be prices are upscale...to be honest nilgiris in bolleni looks to be better option...

To me it looks like an interim make shift shop to cater the needs of current occupants.

I would imagine there will be a decent sized mall, how ever it could take over 5-10 years for such infra to be operational.
    CommentQuote
  • The shop is well ventilated and nice. I wish they open such shops in densely populated city areas as well, but Hiranandani has high concentration of well off people within a small area, so it may make business sense. There is also absolute monopoly. Such a thing may not be possible in most areas in core Chennai.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srivat
    Yes the plan changed and looks more like a textile company. But I personally don't mind the external and would be happy if good hypermarket and other stores starts.

As of now only cinema, few food outlets are operational. It will take sometime for stores to come in as now only residents have started moving in. Business delay operational rather than incurring losses. For mall stores footfall is more important to increase probability of purchase.

The promotors of coromandel plaza must ask themselves why shops like bloom and gloom chose Hira upscale instead of their mall.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    The promotors of coromandel plaza must ask themselves why shops like bloom and gloom chose Hira upscale instead of their mall.

Supposedly something has to come in Hira and they chose Hira. Rather than all this Bloom and Gloom I would prefer an discount but quality store like more hypermarket there.

Moreover even Bloom and Gloom is accessible to all in Navalur and around so good for people in Navalur.

Its taking time for CP to acquire clients maybe due to high cost per sq ft I think. KFC is opening shortly in CP. Currently it is mostly catering to Cinema and crowd from nearby offices and apartment. Once more population move in around that area maybe we can see others operational as well. Just a matter of time.
    CommentQuote
  • By the way a question to Hira investors - Ravi, Chandru, etc.

Do they sell the shops in Hira.
    If so, what would be the rates to it.

Would they sell it later down the road or would it be rent only.
    CommentQuote