Collapse

Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

Last updated: October 10 2017
1893 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Hiranandani Upscale House of Hiranandani OMR Chennai

First of all DTCP/CMDA approval is not a guarantee against acquisition, owners of DTCP/CMDA approved plots will just receive more money than owners of panchayat approved plots. There are numerous instances of DTCP approved plots being acquired along with panchayat and government land. The same applies for apartments as well, eg. apartments demolished for constructing Kathipara flyover.

In Kelambakkam, return on plot is very high. However, the biggest challenge is lack of DTCP approved plots. Even those constructing huge bungalows in areas like Palani garden have no choice but to do so on Panchayat approved land.

Comment

Selection of Egattur opp to SIPCOT is purely the ultimate goal of Hiranandanis in the backdrop of backwater,Sea ( Hira build nostly around water bodies ) and they clinched deal in hard way . Never had the North chennai for their Project destination.

It is a multi phase ,multi year project and future towers are targetted for uber rich with 3000-6000 sqft floor space and 36-50 floors minimum .

None of the existing customers can have a chance to even inquire the Quote as per the feedback but in 2008-2011 ,they got the chance to acquire second flat of 2-3-4 BHK combination

Under construction towers like Edina,Sinovia,Bay view and Amalfi are the last offerings with medium floor space comparing to yet to be launched Seagull with big floor space .

Comment

HT lines routing is selected by TNEB officials and approved by Collector of respective Dt

First option is to select Panchayat Roads without affecting Agri Lands and farmers since some Crops are known for touching line and causing death

Second one is to lay through Dry and Wet Agri lands where small crops like Groundnut,Paddy etc are cultivated

Third one is wherever Power generation plants are located , routing will be through any lands as there is no choice.

Before 1990, HT lines were routed as per the minimum Routing line to save Alumimium and Minimise Transmission loss

Comment

Originally posted by maverick007 View Post
          This is what I can say after reading the above(Snip from a post prior to the IREF database corruption):

RE is a long term investment(sigh!). Should there be a trophy for what it does in 6 mos (sic)?. As I said elsewhere, no prizes for how one did in the first 5 miles of a marathon and it has no correlation to who will hit the finish line. I bought a land - right after the registration, I had multiple offers for 15% more than what I paid adjusted for stamp duty I paid. It did 30% in 3 mos. I shudder to do the CAGR for the first but I feel it is highly inappropriate to publish the annualized % which is highly misleading and has no meaning. After 5 years, it did 16% CAGR. It is not done yet and it still has a long way to go. So, the point is, don't waste time in crunching numbers or even engaging smart brains when it does not make sense.

I find your return computation of these areas, which is highly illiquid with not enough buyers and sellers, as a prowess of discovery in such a small duration of time, is something I disagree with. It is quite incongruous to the thesis of RE investing as well. True, there are opportunities and players for such a small duration but they can't even type a sentence and make a post here - they are the modern day "scalpers" of the RE world and "returns" applies only to them.

Certain stocks that I buy in India(not small caps or micro caps) trade in such a small volume, when I am done buying what I wanted to buy in quantities I like, my last buy would have been 30% higher than what I paid for the first buy, all in a span of 3 mos. Truth is, I can't get out in the same channel without destructing myself. I don't intend to. I know I will sell it to the ones who issued it, with a hefty premium, in the next decade or my next generation may tender them. Certain volumes and low liquidity markets can cause such phenomena and we need to be cognizant of it.

Can I give(!) the trophy myself for the discovery and pooh-pooh the research desk that analyze and invest in liquid and widely followed stocks whose returns are not in the same league? Different segments exist for different players. First thing in investment is in knowing when to take the credit for what we do and not a easy thing for many.

Mav
          OK now there is an element of hypocracy when it comes to claiming credit over a plot investment vs returns on established brand names (hira/unitech greenwood recent examples), i agree RE is long term but different investors have different styles
          Comparing a 30-40year old layout with scarce availability of land for new entrants that carry cmda approval to a LOW volume midcaporlargecap stock is not even worth discussing, ill-liquid is your own conclusion due to clear lack of knowledge, Chennaidream can toss his property in market today and sell it - wont say it would remain the same for ever, but demand is organic and steady and supply is very very limited ( why do you think krishna nagar trades such a premium - no available inventory when atleast 4 i can count from forum or hunting and that in itself is enough to create demand by mere calling on ad in a paper)
          Lets take your 2examples
          1 - Buy land and you saw immediate appreciation but held on to dilute your CAGR and claim thats the mode of RE investment - question, if you were very confident of that layout did you plan to buy 2 half ground parcels or 1 ground parcel and then deciding to enter into the same layout at higher price since your assumption that the layout has long way to go - DID YOU ACCUMULATE more holdings given your beleif is so strong ?

2 - Your low volume stock holding example you cost averaged a low volume stock to drive price knowing it was ill liquid and your actions alone will drive price high, did you ever considering similar strategy to your land buying ?

Lastly there is no research desk with crystal ball for chennai RE, if you show one im more than happy to subscribe , if your analogy is to the forum that discusses returns on OMR then my impression on your knowledge just got erased - im sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SRaj01
            Comparing a 30-40year old layout with scarce availability of land for new entrants that carry cmda approval to a LOW volume midcaporlargecap stock is not even worth discussing, ill-liquid is your own conclusion due to clear lack of knowledge, Chennaidream can toss his property in market today and sell it - wont say it would remain the same for ever, but demand is organic and steady and supply is very very limited ( why do you think krishna nagar trades such a premium - no available inventory when atleast 4 i can count from forum or hunting and that in itself is enough to create demand by mere calling on ad in a paper)
            I don't think you got the analogy. ill-liquid not only applies for selling - which is what you equated and came to conclusion. WRONG! Even for buying, if there is no enough liquidity, one should be lucky to get at the same price(+/-2%) as what the previous transaction bought at. Hope you get it. Chennaidream can toss it today or not has nothing to do with what I was driving at.

My low-volume stock analogy captures this - if I buy 100 at 35, I can't buy my next 100 even at 35.5 and I have to buy at 37 and there are no sellers - that is WHAT I MEANT BY LOW VOLUME. Do you get it? Is the guy who got at 35 a visionary when the next buy happens at 37? Further, you recommending buying in small quantities in RE has no precedence and absurd to me - my lawyer asks for 15 point checklist before he can look at the papers. 1 in a 10 papers is what he finds it to be worth pursuing. What are you talking? Is it like buying 2 GOOG a month? Only flippers and scalpers can have it easy and not for RE investors.

There is no point in even mentioning the RE returns if it is less than 3years in such kind of liquidity condition is my point. I am not writing here to win your impression - far from it. In your earlier post, you were trumpeting opportunities(in illiquid market) citing 50% gain in 6 mos and urging people to look for it rather than wasting time elsewhere. It is highly misleading and notional. Again, I repeat, they are equivalents of pink sheet trading (low volume) and one cannot buy even a decent quantity with out escalating the price. That is called as wait-and-fill or lucky-fills and some may never get filled and it is a class of investment that suits some.

Then, there is an another class which buys RE which is equivalent to relatively more liquid and widely followed stocks - and it suits some. With the level of expertise you have, you need to understand that these are two distinct classes of investing and have varying risk/pain/reward and mentioning returns of such investments in a illiquid/poor-volume environment for such a small duration is misleading and irresponsible to an extent - according to me. Your mileage could vary and to each his own.

Mav
            Last edited June 28 2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

We can go in length on this argument but never can agree .. preface that...

I guess you have to understand that folks here do have investments in all asset classes and comparing one asset class to behavior models of another asset class is a futile excercise - aka - your 100/35 and 100/37 analogy or buying balram nagar = pink sheet trading which the analogy is not wrong but lost in amazon.

Also i never urge folks to buy anywhere thats their own call /wish all i highlighted was when the herd is running towards OMR and builders and large players handily getting benefitted there are certainly value plays out there in areas where good returns are attainable-balram was an example not the ONLY layout which is a value play - disclaimer i hv no investment there. Again if i go by your analogy its like buying AAPL and AMZN or CTSH
              A good value pick will be in low volume until such time its value is really unearthed and it will pick up in high volume full throttle mode when the heat behind it picks up you have seen this in many equities and RE land and i have seen this.

When i mentioned small quantity buying its a personal exp / lesson learned, so i resort to buying 2 adjacent 1200 sqft parcels or 2 adjacent 2400 sqft parcels or 2 adjacent 1800 sqft parcels
              Sizing of lots is going to play a big role as pricing keeps increasing and will provide you more options to liquidate some and hold some if you want to take profits and move locations. again its an investment choice need not be what you have to agree. what works for me may not work for you, i have a good set up to find good clear legal titles and if issues to clear it, if you dont have it this game not be for you

Tambaram west / Ponmar was at best handful transactions a month across all layouts in the SRO until 2009 / 2010 - now its about 10-50-100(some days) a day depending on the muhurtha/good day.
              Volume and liquidity will always flow into an instrument if the fundemental and pricing is right,
              if you compare a CMDA layout in a growth corridor to a pinksheet investment what would be an unapproved layout in OMR after Fomra engg college ?
              Last edited June 28 2013, 04:51 PM.

Comment

SRaj01:

I brought pinksheet trading not to compare what is being traded. So, Balram Nagar=Pink Sheet cos comes from what you understood and it is not what I meant or said. My point was about the prices being erratic because of poor volume or nil volume and one cannot buy decent quantity at will without escalating the price . I am not repeating this with the hope to make you understand - I do not want your interpretation to offend Chennaidream and hence my clarification.

Mav

Comment

I agree - if you are in a low volume high value market - you can only buy additional quantities by escalating your own original entry price
                  but yet again investment choice and strategy, i learnt this from a very seasoned investor , there is an element of artificial price gauging that you can call, but the market is filled with strategies
                  I will give a small example and close out and promise no more back forth
                  There was a very popular layout highly speculative, this is in recent times past year a few of us investors got into it and hit every single available plot that came to market. For a period of 3 months we touched every one of them, all offers were met with all cash hard negotiations,10 days settlement,
                  we held the price tight at 700-800 range for 3-4 months all of us bought a minimum of couple and exited the layout.
                  the sellers got wind of speculation/transaction rate and brokers used the regn data from SRO and brought more plots to market, a lot of NRIs and Locals followed, price shot up another 25 to 30% .. because those plots went loan route, delayed settlement 30days etc...brokers/vyabaris made 1-2L profit on each sale.
                  As again , different strategies are employed for different layouts and areas, not all of it is success, not all of it fails - the above is just one example ..

we learn by experience

again you referenced i have anger and frustration in my posts that my strategy works, no , not at all, in the contrarty, i dont want the herd to follow it and thats better for me , so focus on OMR overvalued properties is my message , so again no anger

Comment

Originally posted by RaviCbe View Post
                    HT lines routing is selected by TNEB officials and approved by Collector of respective Dt

First option is to select Panchayat Roads without affecting Agri Lands and farmers since some Crops are known for touching line and causing death

Second one is to lay through Dry and Wet Agri lands where small crops like Groundnut,Paddy etc are cultivated

Third one is wherever Power generation plants are located , routing will be through any lands as there is no choice.

Before 1990, HT lines were routed as per the minimum Routing line to save Alumimium and Minimise Transmission loss
                    YES correct local TNEB dept carries the HT wire drawings for those who are buying plots on corridors from Sriperumbdur to OMR which cuts across many layouts, local TNEB should be consulted to get the at best info , some of the AE, EEs go to general body meetings with collectors and cmda and other corp officials so if you have good relations with JE AE or EE in that area they will give the best info just like the VAO showing the FMB sketch
                    needs local leg and home work --
                    being away NRI / US / AUS/ SING / ME is hard to do this if you dont have local presence

Comment

SR

Many from US especially my Classmates got caught in this HT issue. These HT wired properties will have to losse minimum 60% frontage in case HT wires are routed in front side or else loose 100% if it's passing through in between

Martin too got trapped in Selavapuram Property , you know

I too lost 20 cents in front when it was routed in my farm through Panchayat Road. Nobody can stop them . Had I constructed buildings , they would have put in opposite road side or had I presented on that day and offered money, they would have put in opposite side of the road.

This is simple in RE. Actual and physical possession carries different meaning and Absence creates meaningfull way for Neighbours

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X