No exclusive thread for Hiranandani Upscale OMR project. Thought of creating one so that we can follow the developments, Rental yields, Issues and other topics.

Happy forumming

be the change you want to see in the world :)
Read more
1826 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vivcraze
    dont think they are comprising on the quality for amalfi. The model flat which is undergoing final touches is per Phase 1 specs. Tiana is slated to have lower end specs with vitrified tiles flooring and lower end kitchen/bath fixtures.

Keep in mind the dilemma Hira is in for Phase 2. If they price too high, you are going to have resale activity in Phase 1. Hira will then loose out on overall sales/output. He would rather price lower as entry and then rise it mid way to show paper profit to phase 1 folks. That is the dilemma most Phase based communities are in like L&T, etc.

Also, lets not forget Phase 1 entry rates were in 3000s!

Rs 3000 was probably around 2007 or even earlier and most of them probably paid their 95% by 2008 and waited for solid 4 years before start seeing the units (& not the project). So it is not ₹ 3000 instead it must be ₹ 5000-₹6000 IMO....

Only those who had exited the project were real smart investors.
    CommentQuote
  • Those who had not invested in Hira at all are Real smart Investors or End users . And those who refrain from further investing here be it for End use or Investment are really too smart considering the current economic Sceanario and Delivery Lead time IMO
    CommentQuote
  • Is that a straight up dose of truth or sarcasm.... Couldn't make my mind up on what u are trying to convey...Im confused.
    CommentQuote
  • I can't believe what I read here !!!!! I need to pinch myself ...exactly, is it sarcasm or something else.
    CommentQuote
  • Yesterday I visited many projects in OMR ,Pallikaranai, Medavakkam & VK road.

Hira was the most impressive of all.

It is done quite well.

Work is going on actively on couple of new blocks.

The mini supermarket appears to be a temporary arrangement.

For a minute even I was inclined to buy a flat for the first time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist
    Yesterday I visited many projects in OMR ,Pallikaranai, Medavakkam & VK road.

It is done quite well.

No surprises there…get what you pay for…If you have money and time, why not….heard that phase 1 club house is finally taking shape after 7 years….
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the investors gripe in RE come from not having gotten what they paid for. No?

When one looks at an impressive work and says Wow! - one does not think how much it took to deliver or whether it is worth the entrance fee they paid.

Have heard several visitors to Chennai were in awe when they see Upscale - these impressions may be much disconnected to the fact whether it is a good place for living/investment worthiness/capital appreciation etc. Both can co-exist and one need not or cannot deride the other. It cannot not take away the surprise element neither just because it took 5 or 6 years to see what one witnesses today.

Chennai RE investors have spent similar time and money elsewhere in the past and got something from Hirco Palace Gardens to four walls and a roof and it is for anyone to figure...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist
    Yesterday I visited many projects in OMR ,Pallikaranai, Medavakkam & VK road.

It is done quite well.

Good coincidence i will be in some of the projects this week and am visiting -
    i felt the same last year when i saw Hira but when i came home and ran numbers financially it made no sense, the waits, interest it carries, the rentals it fetches, the furnish and finish it will cost to make it rental worthy, did not add up.
    The choice certainly differs person to person. if i were to live and work in OMR the motivation would be totally different.
    SR
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, it should have looked like this three years ago. Yet, more phases to be commended more war zone like situation to continue with heavy vehicle movements in the next decade for sure. If we choose to ignore many other factors, it is indeed a lovely building decorating the OMR aisle ...let's hear about living experience once they reach 80% occupancy....I am sure the super premium attached and hefty maintenance indeed produce luxury to the very high end residents or end users.
    CommentQuote
  • Having invested here and being an End user cum Resident, away from my flats in posh areas in City, I could gauge and measure what made them to delay the club house after personally seeing where it is planned and how it is routed in township for entry and exit without affecting any tower and inmates.

Club house of phase 1 is so positioned along back water side with 100 feet road interconnecting phase 1 and 2 separately and club house of phase 2 is so positioned in between phase 2 as car slots slabs have been cast and on .

Seagull is dropped ,I heard last from couple of friends who booked .

Overall, the quality is outstanding and many investors and owners are sitting tight on their investments without budging to come down in their pricing since they all know by now next new tower delivery would take atleast 6-7 years

Ready to Occupy flat is best approach as none can afford to wait for such lead time coupled with inherent inordinate delays in uncontrollable manner

I am looking for 3 BHK flat at 2010-2011 rate and soon will click by Jan 2014

Club house maint and flat maint together will take it to 5-7 Rs per sqft IMO finally the way itis planned and one should be ready for such maint to live here or leave from here if it can't be afforded.
    CommentQuote
  • Attaching the specs of Tiana as given by marketing.

Can the existing buyers like Clair, Ravi, Kannan, Chandru comment on differences from the other towers and provide their views...
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • 225mm = 9" i.e single brick wall... hmmm... no double walls?
    CommentQuote
  • Are there users in this forum who have booked in Amalfi? I booked a unit 2 months ago. Would be interested to know if people have more information about Amalfi? I am projecting 2017 -2018 completion for the same. Planning to use the place as residence. In my opinion, it is not enterprising to project rental income from an investment in Hira. The only way to make money on this would be via capital appreciation. But again, I am very impressed by the construction quality and ambience. This would be my first investment in apartments outside of Ceebros. I am anxious and hopeful though .. Lets see ...
    CommentQuote
  • VIV; If u dont mind; can you please share the current price and status of amalfi. The construction was supposed to pick up pace from jan.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by raka2013
    225mm = 9" i.e single brick wall... hmmm... no double walls?

U are right. As per marketing team's response to my query on this " In Tiana external walls are going to be concrete walls and not double walls , in phase 1 it was block work and double walls."

Now does this atler the valuation for TIANA considerably ? Is this a big difference in terms of construction and will impact the maintenance / longevity ? Seeking views from experts like Ravi, MAV, Clair and other buyers in HIRA.
    CommentQuote