Hello Experts,

I would like to know your opinion before I move forward, I was searching for a land near Ponmar, Mambakkam etc. I got a direct owner(says so) who has 1500 sqft plot in Veerapandi layout in Ponmar. I never been to this place. Am planning to go next week as am currently out of station.

I would like to know how far that layout from Ponmar bus stop? (he says its 500 meters from bus stand)

If some body have the layout soft copy pls forward to me

He is quoting Rs.1200 psf, is that worth?

Do we have any ASI problem in this layout?

Thanks in advance !!!

Cheers.
Read more
416 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Re: Veerapandi Nagar Ponmar

Originally Posted by Samy2011
    I heard it comes close to ASI restricted zone. Will that be an issue?

It's far from ASI atleast by 1km. You can see satmaa builders currently completed phase 1. Now phase 2 in progress. It's near golden avenue. They got the approval. So it wont be a issue. If u still have doubt Before u purchase in golden avenue approach ASI office and get NOC for the plot mentioned to be safer bet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ShankarIn
    It's far from ASI atleast by 1km. You can see satmaa builders currently completed phase 1. Now phase 2 in progress. It's near golden avenue. They got the approval. So it wont be a issue. If u still have doubt Before u purchase in golden avenue approach ASI office and get NOC for the plot mentioned to be safer bet.

Thank you Shankar.

Any idea regarding price/sqft in balaji nagar or veerapandi nagar first few plots <100?
    I know this question has been asked many time in this forum.May be that I have approached wrong brokers, they increased 300/sqft over a month. I found this is quite different from what is discussed in this forum. Please suggest correct rate for that area.
    CommentQuote
  • Re: Veerapandi Nagar Ponmar

Thank you Shankar.

Any idea regarding price/sqft in balaji nagar or veerapandi nagar first few plots <100?
    I know this question has been asked many time in this forum.May be that I have approached wrong brokers, they increased 300/sqft over a month. I found this is quite different from what is discussed in this forum. Please suggest correct rate for that area.

Veerapandi nagar is a very good among all layouts in ponmar. It's 55+ acres and lot of 50, 40, 30 ft road and 2 acre park, community hall etc. On going rate between 1200-1300 for plot no within 100. Depends on road width etc. Anything more than the above mentioned rate will be the margin for the brokers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ShankarIn
    Veerapandi nagar is a very good among all layouts in ponmar. It's 55+ acres and lot of 50, 40, 30 ft road and 2 acre park, community hall etc. On going rate between 1200-1300 for plot no within 100. Depends on road width etc. Anything more than the above mentioned rate will be the margin for the brokers.

Thank you for reply.They are asking 1500 per sqft, even in a plots >200. I have checked few brokers, they are telling this is current rate.I am sure I don't want it in that price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Samy2011
    Thank you for reply.They are asking 1500 per sqft, even in a plots >200. I have checked few brokers, they are telling this is current rate.I am sure I don't want it in that price.

Be patient. Wait till you get the right deal. Continuously contact brokers and get quotes. You will slowly start to realize that prices vary a lot and will get good offers. I too heard those 1500 psfs for >plot no 300s, but I got offers like 1170psf and less for plots <200 along the way. Here is my suggestion:
    Veerapandi nagar is not the only layout here.. there are lot of good layouts. Finalize atleast 5 layouts around that place( like veerapandi nagar, selva nagar, laxmi nagar, golden avenue etc ) & 2 regions ( like venkatamangalam, kandigai, polachery, ponmar etc ), then start search. You will have more offers, choice, good price, opportunity to negotiate. It is important to gain good knowledge about the region & layouts before plunge. Else you will end up in paying more than whats worth. Because few members keep talking about veerapandi nagar alone, it got more famous than other layouts. Don't chase layouts which cost more.. equation will change quite often depends on market movement and other factors. So have open eye and go for whatever layout and choose one which offer value for money than current hype.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by LandLogix
    Be patient. Wait till you get the right deal. Continuously contact brokers and get quotes. You will slowly start to realize that prices vary a lot and will get good offers. I too heard those 1500 psfs for >plot no 300s, but I got offers like 1170psf and less for plots <200 along the way. Here is my suggestion:
    Veerapandi nagar is not the only layout here.. there are lot of good layouts. Finalize atleast 5 layouts around that place( like veerapandi nagar, selva nagar, laxmi nagar, golden avenue etc ) & 2 regions ( like venkatamangalam, kandigai, polachery, ponmar etc ), then start search. You will have more offers, choice, good price, opportunity to negotiate. It is important to gain good knowledge about the region & layouts before plunge. Else you will end up in paying more than whats worth. Because few members keep talking about veerapandi nagar alone, it got more famous than other layouts. Don't chase layouts which cost more.. equation will change quite often depends on market movement and other factors. So have open eye and go for whatever layout and choose one which offer value for money than current hype.

Thanks for your responds and I fully agree with you.
    CommentQuote

1500 for interior plots is a scam and do avoid it. Patience works at times, but not always, so do not wait on the sidelines, nor let these brokers manipulate You. Get Aggressive,do Your own research in both online and print media, get on the ground, visit all your short listed layouts, talk to shop owners, local brokers, construction workers, people who are building their houses, etc to arrive at a realistic price range. Many previous buyers including myself might not be able to give you the exact ground prices as we are not actively pursuing plots anymore. Try to visit the place as frequently as possible and build your contacts, this way You have all the information before hand and can jump at any deals or opportunities that come your way.

Once You find some plots based on your budget and preference, do negotiate hard, but do not prolong the negotiation for more than a week or more. If you like the plot, do not think too much over paying 50-100 over the price in your mind. Few years later the small price You paid won't matter anymore.
    CommentQuote
  • Cruise

You have given a great advice for any inexperienced Property hunter. Very Useful indeed.
    CommentQuote
  • Veerapandiyan nagar plot no 502 and 503

HI All,

Iam planning to buy plot no 502 and 503 in veerapanidyan nagar. Plot no 503 is not a perfect rectangle, it has some cut portion in north west. I would like to know whether it is ok to buy or is there any vastu complaint due to the corner cut.

Also please let me know what would be the current rate in that area.....

Thanks in advance
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    1500 for interior plots is a scam and do avoid it. Patience works at times, but not always, so do not wait on the sidelines, nor let these brokers manipulate You. Get Aggressive,do Your own research in both online and print media, get on the ground, visit all your short listed layouts, talk to shop owners, local brokers, construction workers, people who are building their houses, etc to arrive at a realistic price range. Many previous buyers including myself might not be able to give you the exact ground prices as we are not actively pursuing plots anymore. Try to visit the place as frequently as possible and build your contacts, this way You have all the information before hand and can jump at any deals or opportunities that come your way.

Once You find some plots based on your budget and preference, do negotiate hard, but do not prolong the negotiation for more than a week or more. If you like the plot, do not think too much over paying 50-100 over the price in your mind. Few years later the small price You paid won't matter anymore.

Thanks Cruise for your advice.
    In fact last year at cheap rate, I thought vp nagar and surrounding are inhabitable and missed the deal.But still, I feel the current hype in this area is higher. Without much difference in this area every month they increase price 3 or 4 lakhs. when I am checking in online senior guys telling one price and in real ground they are asking different rate. 1550 in 50 feet road is worth? it seems higher price. what do you think? What would be your recommend rate on 50 feet rate now?
    CommentQuote
    In fact last year at cheap rate, I thought vp nagar and surrounding are inhabitable and missed the deal.But still, I feel the current hype in this area is higher. Without much difference in this area every month they increase price 3 or 4 lakhs. when I am checking in online senior guys telling one price and in real ground they are asking different rate. 1550 in 50 feet road is worth? it seems higher price. what do you think? What would be your recommend rate on 50 feet rate now?

Samy fair price is my opinion about the price whereas market price is reality
    If you want a site on 50ft road today
    your price will be 1400-1450 if you can reach a seller directly
    if you have to go through broker add 50K to 1Lakh commission
    as simple as that.
    at this price its not for speculation / investment only END use is driver
    ask cruise if he is looking to FLIP his property or build
    you will get a practical answer
    if you are looking to speculate i will say go else where UNDER 1000rs / sqft price tag
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRajagopalan
    Samy fair price is my opinion about the price whereas market price is reality
    If you want a site on 50ft road today
    your price will be 1400-1450 if you can reach a seller directly
    if you have to go through broker add 50K to 1Lakh commission
    as simple as that.
    at this price its not for speculation / investment only END use is driver
    ask cruise if he is looking to FLIP his property or build
    you will get a practical answer
    if you are looking to speculate i will say go else where UNDER 1000rs / sqft price tag

Thanks SR. I am looking for end use and as long term investment(>15 years).
    broker commission was not included in asking rate 1550 that I mentioned. So, I think I can negotiate.
    CommentQuote

Honestly I feel it to be slightly higher if the plot is located in the very beginning of the road, but if its at the end of VP nagar, then the rate is very high. If You can be more clear on the plot location, I might be able to give You an average price range. The number of plots on 50 feet road is very less and apart from hype there is a genuine demand for such plots, so its a simply high demand Vs less availability in market. Plots on 50 feet roads definitely demands a premium, but not sure how much can be called as a premium, it all depends on how badly you want to buy in 50 feet road. If road width doesn't make a difference to you, avoid the plots on 50 feet road.

Rates from senior guys might be after a long deal hunting and its not very easy to match that price unless you are equally experienced and ready to spend a lot of dedicated time towards plot hunt. Many a times, those deals are one time affair resulting due to desperate sale by the seller. The layouts in and around Ponmar is receiving heavy buyer footfalls these days, but the number of plots up for sales have been limited, hence the prices are going up and the brokers are also speculating. I am not suggesting to pay the asking price, but also don't avoid plots because they are a little pricey than the cheapest plot rate you have heard about. If you get a plot matching all your preferences, paying a little premium wouldn't hurt.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Cruise for your advice. I will try and update the progress.
    CommentQuote
  • I don' think this is a reasonable price, you are hijacked to a very high price for this location. Even in 50 ft raod or 40 ft road, anything above 1300 psf, you are paying 2 years forward pricing. My opinion.

Thanks Cruise for your advice. I will try and update the progress.
    CommentQuote