Hello Experts,

I would like to know your opinion before I move forward, I was searching for a land near Ponmar, Mambakkam etc. I got a direct owner(says so) who has 1500 sqft plot in Veerapandi layout in Ponmar. I never been to this place. Am planning to go next week as am currently out of station.

I would like to know how far that layout from Ponmar bus stop? (he says its 500 meters from bus stand)

If some body have the layout soft copy pls forward to me

He is quoting Rs.1200 psf, is that worth?

Do we have any ASI problem in this layout?

Thanks in advance !!!

Cheers.
Read more
416 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by newbiebuyer
    Maverick.. what does 'color' investor mean?? An NRI or is it a corporate investor or something else?

It is the shade given by the investor to the money they have. They prefer markets which can accept these shades. RE is one of the preferred markets.
    CommentQuote
  • I am new to this forum.

I recently bought a plot in Veerapandi Nagar in 50 feet road. 2400 sq feet within first 50 plot numbers. Front side of the layout, for RS.1350 per sq feet. This is the prevailing market rate as I negotiated with few direct sellers and brokers as well before closing the deal.

The price RS.1700 psf mentioned by you is too high and not any way near market price. If you have patient you can save few lacs.

Originally Posted by ramachandira
    Thank you very much Cruise. I am not going for loan and it is a cash payment settlement in one week.I have decided to go ahead as I have no right people in place to do a hard search for me. Also I believe if I delayed few more months in searching then the price will increase further and end up in disappointment. I came to know that there is a new layout is under development near ponmar junction and the asking price per square feet is 2300Rs.The layout developer is waiting for Approval. Considering the neatness and even size plot sketch in veerapandi nagar,Thiagaraja nagar, balaji nagar and selva nagar layout I assume this area is going to have beautiful homes in future. But I don't know how many years it is going to take. Because most of the plots is in the hands of investors rather than end user like me.Your answer helped me a lot to conclude what I should do. Thanks a lot. This place I buy is for my future home built in chennai. Hopefully this decision I made today should be a right decision. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Haojin
    I am new to this forum.

I recently bought a plot in Veerapandi Nagar in 50 feet road. 2400 sq feet within first 50 plot numbers. Front side of the layout, for RS.1350 per sq feet. This is the prevailing market rate as I negotiated with few direct sellers and brokers as well before closing the deal.

The price RS.1700 psf mentioned by you is too high and not any way near market price. If you have patient you can save few lacs.

Happy for you, there were a few plots in the 1-50 number each had own set of issues such as 7.8 / 24/25 etc which led to the lower pricing
    the 1350 if secured in the last 6 months on the 50 ft road for 1-50 numbers is pretty good price - cruise can ratify my assessment, but i have a doubt as low pricing than market means issues. no one in today's market wants to undersell their plot value
    Just an observation
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Haojin
    I am new to this forum.

If you got a plot with no underlying issues for this price in the past 2-3 months, then it's a fantastic deal just as Sraj001 mentioned. Did you get the plot from owner or broker?
    CommentQuote
  • I cannot understand what Priyasasi trying to tell us....I see him posting multiple replies on Ponmar discussion threads and none of them make sense to me.... Is it cryptic to only convey message to the RE genius in this forum?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sukumar1
    I cannot understand what Priyasasi trying to tell us....I see him posting multiple replies on Ponmar discussion threads and none of them make sense to me.... Is it cryptic to only convey message to the RE genius in this forum?

Sukumar.. You are not alone

Sent from a super smart phone using awesome Tapatalk!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sukumar1
    I cannot understand what Priyasasi trying to tell us....I see him posting multiple replies on Ponmar discussion threads and none of them make sense to me.... Is it cryptic to only convey message to the RE genius in this forum?

Guys, is it such a mystery? He is friggin broker promoting himself. Pay attention to the bolded parts from his post.
    CommentQuote
  • Direct seller. He is in Mumbai and was in a hurry to close the deal. He has few more plots in different locations and it seems booking his profit. I was dealing through my lawyer, I believe no issue in the deal.

Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    If you got a plot with no underlying issues for this price in the past 2-3 months, then it's a fantastic deal just as Sraj001 mentioned. Did you get the plot from owner or broker?
    CommentQuote
  • 7 8 24 25 plots what is the issue? Any known problem?

QUOTE=SRaj001;1053487]Happy for you, there were a few plots in the 1-50 number each had own set of issues such as 7.8 / 24/25 etc which led to the lower pricing
    the 1350 if secured in the last 6 months on the 50 ft road for 1-50 numbers is pretty good price - cruise can ratify my assessment, but i have a doubt as low pricing than market means issues. no one in today's market wants to undersell their plot value
    Just an observation
    CommentQuote
  • Ponmar Thyagraya nagar useful input

Originally Posted by astra05
    Hi Dino,

Attached the layout for your / members reference.

Cheers,
    Aravind

Hi Cruise and friends,
    Your input with respect to Ponmar is very informative and useful for any prospect buyer to take Go/No Go decision.
    I am planning to buy one of the plot in Thiyagarya nagar. I heard from nearby locals and broker that water is not available in this layout. Can you please let me know whether this is true?

Regards,
    Sivasuri
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by astra05
    Guys, finally my search came to an end... i have finalized a property in mambakkam jothi nagar layout... its a 1500sft(30 * 50) plot facing east on a 23feet road... finally the owner is okay with 1600psft... and the government valuation is 900psft... Do you guys think its costly??? or shall i proceed
    Distance from mambakkam junction to site : 750 Mts
    Distance from Mambakkam - Medavakkam road : 250 Mts

Hi Astro,

It seems that Jyothi nagar layout looks good interms of proximity to Mambakkam. Can you tell me where is this locality? It would be useful if you give info on availability of plots in jyoti nagar and prevailing price?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sivasuri
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRaj001
    Cruise i dont disagree at all, but if you see the development first hand and compare to new developments in the area around yumes or other developers this does not warrant 1200 or 1300
    Im interested and im going to invest here, there is vested interest no question
    Selva nagar was in my lap for 750rs a sqft 3 weeks back, i walked away as my wife was totally against it, so what im trying to say is please dont go by the sensation of this nagar /layout in online posts, please pay a visit in person to make an informed decision
    I had another guy offer at 380 series at 1200 and finally sold for 1150 i think it was not bad 1100 was what i asked him he did not give i did not want, thats all,
    again no emotions i have the time im not going to rush, Arunmozhi and Selva are at deep discounts
    Thiagaraja sold at 1100 recently post Jan 2013

Hi SRaj

Can you tell me the prevailing rate in Thiagaraja road?
    CommentQuote
  • A WORD OF CAUTION, when I looked for a plot in V-K road, have heard of legal issue in Jyothi Nagar, there are some title issues. Don't know which part of layout, what plot numbers etc.
    Just sharing. Do due dilegence!

QUOTE=sivasuri;1073388]Hi Astro,

It seems that Jyothi nagar layout looks good interms of proximity to Mambakkam. Can you tell me where is this locality? It would be useful if you give info on availability of plots in jyoti nagar and prevailing price?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sivasuri
    CommentQuote
  • Anunaga - beware there is a broker police from the CIA in this forum he will come catch you - if you ask for numbers
    Only buy from direct owners abolish middleman - aam aadmi for RE owners
    CommentQuote
  • Direct seller, get connected by Sulekha. I do not wish to deal with brokers.

Originally Posted by Anunaga
    Hi Haojin, you bought your land from a broker or owner. please share the contact number with me, as i am planning to buy a lpot in ponmar
    CommentQuote