Hello Experts,

I would like to know your opinion before I move forward, I was searching for a land near Ponmar, Mambakkam etc. I got a direct owner(says so) who has 1500 sqft plot in Veerapandi layout in Ponmar. I never been to this place. Am planning to go next week as am currently out of station.

I would like to know how far that layout from Ponmar bus stop? (he says its 500 meters from bus stand)

If some body have the layout soft copy pls forward to me

He is quoting Rs.1200 psf, is that worth?

Do we have any ASI problem in this layout?

Thanks in advance !!!

Cheers.
Read more
Reply
416 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Today I have seen a Thiyagarajar Nagar : 50ft Road plot (opposite to veerapandi nagar and near to bus stop) and it was offered for 1900 Rs/

    The plot is in sale deed.. offer from a broker..

    I read in the forum in the last year, it was between 1200 to 1300 psf.. I am surprised by the asking rate..!? Now the price equals to CMDA approved one in near to perungalathur (Vengambakkam..etc).. This is the way the RE prices will bump up ?!! (without no such big developements surroundings//!)

    Any thoughts @cruise_1982, @SRaj001 ?
    CommentQuote
  • Certainly way over priced right now VP nagar is selling at 1500-1600 ish price range
    Going by trend and by current market it should be around 1700-1800 depending on how prime a plot it is in that area.
    But IMO that is a high price for the development in that neighborhood.
    Why dont you look at TNHB plots announced in the scheme for self financing scheme they are 2750
    you get more VFM , my 2 cents
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Raj.

    You mean TNHB plots in this area (ponmar) ? Where can I look at ? (or one you are referring in Sithalapakkam \ Sholinganallur ?)

    pls provide some details.

    Originally Posted by SRaj001
    Certainly way over priced right now VP nagar is selling at 1500-1600 ish price range
    Going by trend and by current market it should be around 1700-1800 depending on how prime a plot it is in that area.
    But IMO that is a high price for the development in that neighborhood.
    Why dont you look at TNHB plots announced in the scheme for self financing scheme they are 2750
    you get more VFM , my 2 cents
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Experts,

    One general doubt, but still it will fit under this topic.In WikiMapia, Ponmar & near by Ponmar areas were not covered/marked up by Chennai/New Chennai.

    (1) Is this with reason or just a Mistake.
    (2)If it is a mistake, it should also come under CMDA by 2026?!?!
    (3) Please share your knowledge about New Chennai CMDA area (like what it is actually, is it govt plan, why not in other direction of chennai etc..)

    even i can see @cruise_1982's comment on wikimapia about it..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRamkumar
    Hi Experts,

    One general doubt, but still it will fit under this topic.In WikiMapia, Ponmar & near by Ponmar areas were not covered/marked up by Chennai/New Chennai.

    (1) Is this with reason or just a Mistake.
    (2)If it is a mistake, it should also come under CMDA by 2026?!?!
    (3) Please share your knowledge about New Chennai CMDA area (like what it is actually, is it govt plan, why not in other direction of chennai etc..)

    even i can see @cruise_1982's comment on wikimapia about it..



    Like new chennai there 20 projects how much of them are real is the big question
    CommentQuote
  • Hi ,

    I like to buy DTCP approved plot in ponmar, my budget is 20 L and looking for half to 1 ground. Where can i get good plot for my requirements ? I have planned to build house after 2 years.

    Please let me know your suggestions, also let me know if anyone interested to sell your plot.

    Thanks
    Ganesh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ganesan1986
    Hi ,

    I like to buy DTCP approved plot in ponmar, my budget is 20 L and looking for half to 1 ground. Where can i get good plot for my requirements ? I have planned to build house after 2 years.

    Please let me know your suggestions, also let me know if anyone interested to sell your plot.

    Thanks
    Ganesh



    Ganesan have you visited ponmar
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRaj001
    Ganesan have you visited ponmar


    Raj,

    I have found few plots detail through sulekha like below, planned to visit Ponmar by today (22/3/2014) evening.

    http://property.sulekha.com/ad/12575886?campaign=AlchemyOnline&content=DetailspageSlot&medium=title-link
    CommentQuote
  • Ganesan,

    I am assuming that you are a first time plot buyer and that you are seriously considering to build a home after 2 years. If that be the case then, Veerapandi nagar may not fit your expectations (for that matter even Ponmar doesn't look good). No big developments other than what has been reported in other Ponmar threads. Whatever may be the case, would like you to write your views about your visit.

    The Irony is that, in 2010 i thought Ponmar would be a good place to move after 5 years, but not much has progressed for the benefit of Ponmar, but I am still optimistic about Ponmar, say in the next 5 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Wishland
    Ganesan,

    I am assuming that you are a first time plot buyer and that you are seriously considering to build a home after 2 years. If that be the case then, Veerapandi nagar may not fit your expectations (for that matter even Ponmar doesn't look good). No big developments other than what has been reported in other Ponmar threads. Whatever may be the case, would like you to write your views about your visit.

    The Irony is that, in 2010 i thought Ponmar would be a good place to move after 5 years, but not much has progressed for the benefit of Ponmar, but I am still optimistic about Ponmar, say in the next 5 years.


    Hi,

    Yes you are right , this is my first time plot investment. I will give my feedback after my visit.

    I have searched plots in few areas like pudupakkam , around Kelambakkam, thaiyur.

    Since am working in Siruseri , looking areas which are near by Siruseri and within my budget.

    Please let me know if you know any other places worth to visit.

    Thanks
    Ganesan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ganesan1986
    Hi,

    Yes you are right , this is my first time plot investment. I will give my feedback after my visit.

    I have searched plots in few areas like pudupakkam , around Kelambakkam, thaiyur.

    Since am working in Siruseri , looking areas which are near by Siruseri and within my budget.

    Please let me know if you know any other places worth to visit.

    Thanks
    Ganesan

    @Ganesan hav u vistied ponmar this weekend. Post your views here. I would suggest you 'Golden Avenue' @ponmar for your budget from my little knowledge about ponmar. One going rate around 1200-1250/sf. im not verified anything, i just visited once..


    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRamkumar
    @Ganesan hav u vistied ponmar this weekend. Post your views here. I would suggest you 'Golden Avenue' @ponmar for your budget from my little knowledge about ponmar. One going rate around 1200-1250/sf. im not verified anything, i just visited once..


    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!


    Hi Ram,

    Yes, I Visited ponmar last week, didnt see much development over there.

    I feel siruseri to thalambur and navallur to thalmbur roads looks developing area comparing to ponmar.

    When I was back to siruseri, I see the layout exact opposite to dental college near by thalambur busstop,
    one small construction (2 or 3 flats) work completed in the middle of the layout , one old watch man was there ,
    he said there are some plots available there, but he doesn't know the owner phone no, so I given my number.

    I will probably go by this week end, I will give more details about the layout name and rate.

    Also I will visit Golden Avenue plot and let you know my feedback.

    Thanks
    Ganesan
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    its 700/sq.ft

    Can u please send me the layout...
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote


  • do you have idea regarding the cost of the veerapandi nagar plots..
    CommentQuote