Collapse

Veerapandi Nagar, Ponmar, Chennai - Suggestions

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
466 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Veerapandi Nagar, Ponmar, Chennai - Suggestions

I don' think this is a reasonable price, you are hijacked to a very high price for this location. Even in 50 ft raod or 40 ft road, anything above 1300 psf, you are paying 2 years forward pricing. My opinion.

Originally posted by Samy2011 View Post
    Thanks Cruise for your advice. I will try and update the progress.

Comment

Originally posted by aarun123 View Post
      HI All,

Iam planning to buy plot no 502 and 503 in veerapanidyan nagar. Plot no 503 is not a perfect rectangle, it has some cut portion in north west. I would like to know whether it is ok to buy or is there any vastu complaint due to the corner cut.

Also please let me know what would be the current rate in that area.....

Thanks in advance
      I think those two plots are in 20"ft roads.

Comment

Originally posted by LandLogix View Post
        I think those two plots are in 20"ft roads.

East facing and south facing but 20ft is the bad part
        1050-1100 tops not more

this can be the least preferred lots in the layout imho

Comment

Originally posted by GAVAS80
          is there any plot available less than 23 lak + 1800 sft + 30 feet road + North or east or south facing + any plot no below 400....please let me know.iam actively searching for land in v p nagar.my budget not more than 23lak.
          I assume the price to be without brokerage and if so, the budget is pretty decent and you will find something soon. Keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by cruise_1982 View Post
            I assume the price to be without brokerage and if so, the budget is pretty decent and you will find something soon. Keep looking.
            Thanks cruise....

Comment

Price per square foot in Veerapandiyan Nagar

Hi

I am looking for some plot in this area. What is the current selling price. Also do let me know whether there are any other good layouts with proximity to the main road in Ponmar / Mambakkam area. I am interested only in DTCP approved layouts.

Comment

HI

Whats the price range for plots in Veerapaniyan nagar. Seems the price hike is too high. I am looking for property in the 600 to 700 series plots. Do let me know what would be the expected rate in that series.

Also due to Artha medows lauch can we expect the price hike. If so what would be the price we can expect?

Comment

Dear SR and Cruise,
                  I was quoted 1300 psf in Swathi nagar for a 1500 sqft plot. I was reading through your extensive research posts in this forum. Some were quite very detailed, sometimes I would be wondering about your knowledge and thought process behind it.

Few things I noted was proximity to Vengadamangalam compost yard which is 1.4 km (distance between the coordinates)

I am just looking from investment perspective so your thoughts will be very helpful

Thanks
                  Karthik

Comment

Information required

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a plot in ottiambakkam - Golden avenue layout, I have been quoted 1300 per sqft is this rate in par with market. I have been told by the broker that the plot has DTCP approval in place and has technical approval. I have no idea of this area, form reading the post I came to know issues like ASI impact can you please advice if its fine to go ahead with the plot in this area. It would be great if you could help me out with alternative layouts as well.

Many thanks,
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by cruise_1982 View Post
                      I have done a painstaking research for months before short listing and buying plots in Veerapandi Nagar, and hence thought of adding a different flavor to the discussion in this thread by listing positives and negatives in an objective manner. I am trying to be as neutral as possible, please bear with me if you feel I am biased.

I am focusing on the following major Layouts (Vengadamangalam village)for this write up,

1. Veerapandi Nagar
                      2. Thiagaraja Nagar
                      3. Sri Balaji Nagar
                      4. Karpagam Avenue
                      5. RajaRajan Nagar
                      6. Selva Nagar

(+)Following are the list of positives in my opinion, please feel free to add more if any (?)

1. There are no Panchayat approved layouts in this stretch.
                      2. All the major DTCP layouts put together is a continous stretch of around 200 acres
                      3. A main spine of 50 feet road provides access to these layouts from Medavakkam-Mambakkam road (80 feet) via Ponmar-Vengadamangalam road(60 feet)
                      4. Around 12 OSR areas are gifted to local body for Parks in the first 4 layouts listed above, I dont know the counts in the other two. One of them in Veerapandi Nagar is 2 acres in size.
                      5. There are no slums around and there is no poromboke land in between these layouts that can become slums in future.
                      6. Ground Water is potable and is one of the best in quality.
                      7. There is already a small bus stand in Ponmar and currently around 7 services (but very less frequency)are available from Ponmar (51T,70C,M51V,X51J,X551,X551A,X70C) towards East Tambaram, Broadway, Veachery and T.Nagar and Mambakkam
                      8. Nearest school is in Maharishi Vidya Mandir that is 3 km away in DABC campus.An SBOA school is expected to come up in the SBIOA Unity enclave campus in Polachery. Delhi Public School in Nallambakkam is 7 kms away and SSM school, Sadanandapuram is around 10 kms away.
                      9. Closer proximity to V-K road, either through Medavakkam Mambakkam road or through the new access that will eventually come up from behin VIT (50 feet road). V-K road with a lot of government owned land might house many public utilities.
                      10.Surrounded by many Lakes and reserve forests which might prolong the ground water availability and quality.
                      11. Not very far from OMR or GST road

(-)Following are the Negatives in my opinion, please feel free to add more if any

1. There are less than 10 houses with all major layouts put together. I saw some construction activity in 3 more plots recently.
                      2. All are dirt roads, no tarmac
                      3. Zero Social infrastructure, just two grocery and vegetable shops in Junction. People have to go to Sithalapakkam or Kandigai even for their basic needs.
                      4. No Hospitals nearby and people have to go to Global hospitals in Perumbakkam or Chettinadu Health city in Kelambakkam.
                      5. Access road from Ponmar-Thalambur is narrow and in poor condition.
                      6. Even minimum development required for hosting residences might take a minimum of 3-5 years from now.
                      7. Not within city limits and not even within CMA limits.
                      8. The integrated Waste management plant will be 2.5 Kms away from where Veerapandi Nagar starts and 1 km away from where Selva Nagar ends. The distance is in a birds eye view and not through roads(which will be longer)
                      9. All are resale plots and there are loads of brokers/traders roaming around with POA and speculating the prices. People have to be careful while dealing with them.
                      10. No Major real estate projects around
                      Awesome summary Cruise..

I am planning to Buy a plot in Nandha nagar around plot number 50 to 60.. Please critiicise with your points on Nandha Nagar. Also got an offer from Poompuhar nagar layout which they quote 1500 rs which is just behind the VIT compund Plot 20 to 40 series.

It is little urgent before I pay booking advance and get the papers from the Broker..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X