Collapse

Veerapandi Nagar, Ponmar, Chennai - Suggestions

Last updated: January 25 2020
465 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Veerapandi Nagar, Ponmar, Chennai - Suggestions

Cruise, it seems all the ads are coming from brokers only and none of them agreeing the price you mentioned. Even for 20 feet road in the middle of the layout they asking for 1200/sq.ft + 2 % commission. In the 50 ft road which is in the middle ( near that water company, not the main 50ft road ) they asking for 1300/- Pls suggest me your views.

Originally posted by cruise_1982 View Post
    For Plot.no 322 I would say 1000-1050 is the correct price, but being east facing and in 30 feet road, a slight premium can be given and hence 1100 should be the upper range for negotiation. If You like the plot very much and not able to find a similar plot elsewhere, be ready to pay a little more to close the deal.

Comment

Hi Gana
      How much they quote for the plots you mentioned? And whats your experience / views in dealing with brokers in that layout. I am unable to meet any owners but all are brokers.

Originally posted by gana5184 View Post
      Hi Cruise,

I would also like to know your view on few plot no's : 178, 179 , 417, 617

Comment

Originally posted by arvbin View Post
        Cruise, it seems all the ads are coming from brokers only and none of them agreeing the price you mentioned. Even for 20 feet road in the middle of the layout they asking for 1200/sq.ft + 2 % commission. In the 50 ft road which is in the middle ( near that water company, not the main 50ft road ) they asking for 1300/- Pls suggest me your views.
        Very few owners are selling their lands directly. Most of the people selling their plot in Veerpandi Nagar are elderly people who had invested here around 30 years back. They dont seem to have the time or energy to deal with the buyers directly. If You feel the plot is not worth it, please look at alternatives, there no such fixed price in the market. I bought a plot for 1200/sq.ft whereas some one else bough a similar plot for 1130/sq.ft just a week ahead of me. Few sellers/brokers are in no hurry to sell and are ready to wait until the market rate meets their asking price. If You have enough time to keep looking for plots and if you are ready to wait, You will get a plot that you like within your budget. If You are short on time, like the plot and want to close the deal urgently, then You need to pay extra.

Comment

Originally posted by gana5184 View Post
          Hi Cruise,

Thanks for the layout, There are 732 plots in veerapandi nagar , What do you think will the price range start and end with ? for example , can we have the below as the max price

> 600 (plot no's) - 1000 psf

> 300-600 - 1100 psf

100-300 - 1200 psf

< 100 - 1300 to 1500 psf max??

again depending on the roads and directions ??

I would also like to know your view on few plot no's : 178, 179 , 417, 617

When I see today's cost,

No. of. Plots abutting the 50 feet road are just 63 out of 732 plots. Out of 63, around 15 plots are west facing and they have only few takers. The remaining 48 plots command a high premium over the others and this premium just depends on the overall supply. Most of the plots on 50 feet road has already changed hands from investors to end-users in the last one year and its very rare to find plots on 50 feet road for sale. So the brokers and sellers are quoting anything between 1300-1500 p/sq.ft for these plots.
          Apart from the 50 feet road, following might be the rough market price for the plots in 40,30,24 and 20 feet roads. Please consider this as just as an index for rough price. You might have to add the premium for directions, road width, etc.

1-55 1200-1300
          56-239 1150-1250
          240-329 1100-1150
          330-732 950-1100

To answer Your question regarding Your plots,

178, 179 seems to be at the deadend of the layout and at this point we dont know if you will get a through road as a part of the layout in the adjacent land. If a Layout already exists after these plots and if the road continues, please go ahead, if not dont buy it unless you get it for a lesser price.

Both 417 and 617 plots look good, but You might get better ventilation in 617 as You have a Childrens Play area opposite to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tamilselvi View Post
            Hello,
            I am searching land in ponmar , and have few questions
            1.Does anyone know how far sri lakshmi nagar starts from ponmar bus stop?
            2.i visited ponmar few months back and roads are very narrow. Is there any project to widening the road?
            3.If they are widening the road then will sri lakshmi nagar gets affected?
            4. last but not the least, how much the square feet goes on that area?

If anyone has answers , please help me.
            1. It is 500meters from eastern side of ponmar bus stand.
            2. As of now there is local panchayat road which connects polachery, vels college, thalambur and navalur (Ponmar to navalur 6.8km)
            3. sri lakshmi nagar is a approved layout. so there wont be any problem.
            4. The rate seems to be vary from 1300 to 1500 depends upon the size and accessbility.

Comment

Thyagaraja Nagar

Guys,

what about thyagaraja nagar. ANy ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by dino88 View Post
                Guys,

what about thyagaraja nagar. ANy ideas??
                What do you want to know about Thyagaraja Nagar? Please be more precise in your question for others to help.

Thyagaraja Nagar is the closest layout to Ponmar bus stop and starts around 300 metres from it. It has mostly 24 feet roads within the layout with a 40 feet road to the southern boundary. The going rate here is around 1200-1300/sq.ft.

Comment

Originally posted by cruise_1982 View Post
                  What do you want to know about Thyagaraja Nagar? Please be more precise in your question for others to help.

Thyagaraja Nagar is the closest layout to Ponmar bus stop and starts around 300 metres from it. It has mostly 24 feet roads within the layout with a 40 feet road to the southern boundary. The going rate here is around 1200-1300/sq.ft.
                  Thanks cruise_1982 for the details. I am looking to buy a plot in Ponmar. From the other threads I came to know that Thyagaraja nagar is the nearest to the bus stand. It would be helpful If anybody can share the Layout plan of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dino88 View Post
                    Thanks cruise_1982 for the details. I am looking to buy a plot in Ponmar. From the other threads I came to know that Thyagaraja nagar is the nearest to the bus stand. It would be helpful If anybody can share the Layout plan of it.
                    Go and meet a local broker in ponmar. There are quite a few around the bus stand, almost everyone will be ready to share a copy of the layout with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

anybody got bank loan approved for buying plot in veerapandi nagar (or other nearby areas in ponmar?) i would also like to know how much was sanctioned (% of guideline value or market value and which bank etc).

Also i would like to know from members like cruise who have bought here -> what is the realistic expection (timeline) for ponmar to come to todays level of medavakkam or sithalapakkam ?

And also kuberan nagar seems more prominently close to the main road from mambakkam. but most discussions here are not about it. any reasons for this ?

Thanks..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X