Hi,

I'm confused whether to invest in :
1. Varadharajapuram, near to Manimangalam (6~7 kms from Tambaram west), 1 km from Ananda Nilayam layout.
I will get 1600sq ft for 25lacs here.

2. Vengaivasal - 3 kms from Santoshpuram main road - I will get 1200 sqft for 32 lacs here.

Can anybody suggest me a good option?
I'm planning to build a house for my own use after 3 yrs....
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Vengaivasal ... if u ask me....
    within 3 years... with the current rate of development at vengaivasal you wouldnt recognise ... the area im talking abt is near zigma matric school...opp ramco rmc plant... hope u r talking bt the same

then again.....

everything depends on your decision,,, where u fit to live

experts may shed light
    CommentQuote
  • My guess, the vengaivasal the OP is talking about is not the one near Ramco, that is still Medavakkam, its around 4-4.5K nowadays .

This one must be the one, that starts from Santhoshapuram check post via Doshi's project. This portion of vengaivasal is very much a remote village now but day-by day apartments are springing up at a rapid pace.

Now it can be looked at a futuristic investment as I heard Vengaivasal has good water table. Other members can pitch in.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    the one near Ramco, that is still Medavakkam

Boss, My mum owns a property there (near Ramco) and it is Vengaivasal as per the documents.

But I do agree with you on one point though... the actual village centre of vengaivasal is far away from where I was pointing out and hasnt developed much.... but halfway been OMR and GST road... it is deemed to be one of the hotspots in 3 years time as mentioned by the op...

And as always, the above is pure speculation subject to global and local eco climate*
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

I booked a flat near by Panchayat office,Vengai vasal.it is 3 kms from Santhoshpuram.

From SanthostPuram-0 to 1 kms- good development,1-2 kms -Not much development,2kms onwards-Alot of construction is going on.

I am not sure why development isnot happening in between 1-2 kms..Please let me know if anyone know the reason for this
    you can investment here and is going to be worth investment..we have connectivity to OMR as well as GST..And i heard that mono rail project got approvedfrom Vandalur-Medavakkam.

Thanks..
    CommentQuote
  • I would pick Vengaivasal over manimangalam anyday. The reasons are as follows,

1. Vengaivsasl is closer to IT corridor, which is the most relevant white collar industry today, whereas Manimangalam is not closer to any major employment areas as of now.

2. The development around Vengaivasal will be on the posher side when compared to the one in Manimangalam, which would be mostly middle class.

3. People would prefer and ready to move immediately to Vengaivasal due to proximity to their offices, but people who move immediately to Manimangalam would be only due to lower prices. This would define the kind of development one can expect in each locality.

4. Vengaivasal will give better short term returns (which is debatable at current prices) than Manimangalam, but Manimangalam will give better yield in long term.

5. Unlike Manimangalam, Vengaivasal is sandwiched between commercial nodes like Medavakkam, East Tambaram and Sithalapakkam.

Please note that above are just my perspectives and I am not trying to place Manimangalam in bad light. Please invest in plots that are closer to the main roads. Vengaivasal has very few wide roads going through and hence interior places will resemble an Urban sprawl.

Manimangalam is a good place for long term investment, but I believe most of the area might be occupied/developed before the place reaches its potential. I am strong believer that if the majority of development kicks off in a place after the area reaches its potential, the area will become a self-sustaining place. An example I would quote here is Velachery.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    I would pick Vengaivasal over manimangalam anyday. The reasons are as follows,

1. Vengaivsasl is closer to IT corridor, which is the most relevant white collar industry today, whereas Manimangalam is not closer to any major employment areas as of now.

2. The development around Vengaivasal will be on the posher side when compared to the one in Manimangalam, which would be mostly middle class.

3. People would prefer and ready to move immediately to Vengaivasal due to proximity to their offices, but people who move immediately to Manimangalam would be only due to lower prices. This would define the kind of development one can expect in each locality.

4. Vengaivasal will give better short term returns (which is debatable at current prices) than Manimangalam, but Manimangalam will give better yield in long term.

5. Unlike Manimangalam, Vengaivasal is sandwiched between commercial nodes like Medavakkam, East Tambaram and Sithalapakkam.

Please note that above are just my perspectives and I am not trying to place Manimangalam in bad light. Please invest in plots that are closer to the main roads. Vengaivasal has very few wide roads going through and hence interior places will resemble an Urban sprawl.

Manimangalam is a good place for long term investment, but I believe most of the area might be occupied/developed before the place reaches its potential. I am strong believer that if the majority of development kicks off in a place after the area reaches its potential, the area will become a self-sustaining place. An example I would quote here is Velachery.

i think u have a very good knowledge.Manimangalam is 4.1 kms from the Outer Ring Road. what do u think? is it ok? if so to what extent?
    CommentQuote
  • No doubt. It is Vengaivasal. The quality of schools is better. It is in between OMR and GST. It is fast developing.
    CommentQuote
  • Manimangalam Road, Chennai : Flat at 3400 - 3600/ SqFt for Investment

Hi All. Need to some advice.

Checked some Builder floor apartments (under construction phase) within 1 km radius from C3 manimangalam police booth https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/C3+Manimangalam+Police+Booth/@12.9152978,80.0679057,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xd2a4268bb8a5d41c

price/ sq ft ranges from 3400-3600.
    Queries -
    Also I see some flats very nearby to that canal (approx 30-50m), but lies on the main manimangalam road. Is it good to consider these kind of flats?

Also pls tell me the actual reasonable price per sq ft to bargain for.

Thanks n advance...
    CommentQuote
  • Is the builder name Marutham groups ?
    CommentQuote
  • Is it for investment or end use ? Dont expect high rental yields. 3400 is the ongoing rate. Lot of unsold inventory...

Its a buyers market. Negotiate hard to get a good deal.

Note: Dont get too close to canal. lot many issues might crop up later.
    CommentQuote