Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Ongoing Price for a Flat in Aminjikarai, Chennai?

Collapse
X
Collapse

What is the Ongoing Price for a Flat in Aminjikarai, Chennai?

Last updated: February 8 2016
16 | Posts
2338 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Ongoing Price for a Flat in Aminjikarai, Chennai?

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. I am in search of flats at Aminjikarai, pretty much close to the Skywalk mall.
    Can anyone please let me know the land/flat rates at Aminjikarai ?

Re : What is the Ongoing Price for a Flat in Aminjikarai, Chennai?

I saw a resale flat few months ago in NM road. It had good UDS,10+ yearls old and they quoted around 6500RS persqft. Arihant on PH road is quoting upwards of 9000.

If you are going for resale do remember that you will be spending more towards stamp duty.

Comment

Around 9-10K in NM road.
      Arihant was selling at 8.7K a year ago, I think it might be +250 to +500 now as market was stagnant over last few months.

RWD has a commercial cum residential, (I do not prefer this type) at 10K on NM Rd.
      Green Peace has a building too, not sure what price it is.

Check up with resale in Navin's township.
      Sold at 6.5K around 2008, now you might get one at 10K in secondary market. It is RTM so might be the best choice in the area.

For cheaper options, look at Choolaimedu. Lot of slums and lower middle class areas so you will have to carefully choose the streets. Many unapproved flats. Gill Nagar is much better than Choolaimedu. But both the areas do not have buses or public transport so do not go too much interior. Plus point is most of city's auto drivers live here in Choolaimedu becasue of cheapest rentals. Lot of hassle to drive a car. Even NM road survives becasue of Share auto. Once flyover is complete there will be some respite from maddening traffic.

Comment

I believe Aminjikarai esp NM Road is a great place to live. It is very well within the central portion of the city and very good connectivity to most of the main hubs. If the flat is in good shape and its a well maintained society...I think 6500 psqft is a good price. The upcoming metro will certainly benefit the place.

Stamp duty can be calculated here (I believe there is a depreciation component involved, which I hope some experts here will help you with)
        Stamp Duty Calculator |Calculate Stamp Duty |Stamp Duty Charges

Good Luck !!

Comment

thanks vingori, k11 and redblue for the quick replies.

In NM road, the base price starts from 10k/sqft. I checked with RWD,Krishna flats, Navin's and Arihant.

Few independent houses opposite to Lakshmi Theatre (300 mts from Skywalk) were quoting around 9000/sqft.
          Not able to find any house/flat below 7000/sqft.

When compared to pricing, how do we compare flats and independent houses ? Taking all the other parameters as constant, do ind houses always quote at a premium when compared to flats ?

Here, ind houe owners are qoutiing more than flat owners.

Comment

Guideline Value

Can anybody let me know the guideline value in areas like Aminjikarai ?
            As per the TN officail site, few streets are having a GV of 2500/sqft but the market rate in these streets are around 8000 to 9000 per sqft and also are varying from house to house (ind house or flat).

Comment

Originally posted by k11 View Post
              Around 9-10K in NM road.
              Sold at 6.5K around 2008, now you might get one at 10K in secondary market. It is RTM so might be the best choice in the area.

if not mistaken, what is RTM ?

Comment

Originally posted by vingori View Post
                The upcoming metro will certainly benefit the place.
                Which metro line?

Originally posted by rg9274 View Post
                if not mistaken, what is RTM ?
                Ready To Move.

Comment

Originally posted by rg9274 View Post
                  Can anybody let me know the guideline value in areas like Aminjikarai ?
                  As per the TN officail site, few streets are having a GV of 2500/sqft but the market rate in these streets are around 8000 to 9000 per sqft and also are varying from house to house (ind house or flat).
                  GV is lower than market value. Do not rely on GV, just go by market values and previous sale value.

2500 GV means it is a lower end street/slum.
                  Indp houses are sold at premium, so market value might be 6500 and 2500 might be premium so total 9K.

Some Flats in these areas do not have approval, no UDS, no lift, no CP so their rates are much lower.

Comment

Also there is no metro coming, no public transport in these areas.

NM Rd is better with bus and share auto.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X