Is there a way to apply EC online in chennai (or Tamilnadu). I searched and everyone pointed me to reginet. I applied for EC on this site to be delivered by post but there is no change in the status from last one month.

I tried to call them and i dont get any response.

I came to know that nobody processes the online applications. We have to go directly to the beach office to procure EC which normally takes 2-3 days.

Can anybody help me on this? I just want to get EC for couple of plots.
Read more
51 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I applied online and got it in a week time with Chennai address.

As long as you have entered correct address, contact details, site address, suvery#, then you should get it.

They will deliver it in door step and collect charges including courier fee. They will call you at the given number before delivering; their number is also rechable and they are prompt in answering queries.
    CommentQuote
  • Certain areas not covered for door delivery . Boundary details and SF No is very important . Apply online ,phone to them and collect in person or they will courier. Receiving ECs every year only through online

Originally Posted by Int123
    Is there a way to apply EC online in chennai (or Tamilnadu). I searched and everyone pointed me to reginet. I applied for EC on this site to be delivered by post but there is no change in the status from last one month.

I tried to call them and i dont get any response.

I came to know that nobody processes the online applications. We have to go directly to the beach office to procure EC which normally takes 2-3 days.

Can anybody help me on this? I just want to get EC for couple of plots.
    CommentQuote
  • @din132, after reading your answer, either i'am from mars or you are from pluto. Even i applied for ec, the property is within cmda and i did not receive it. No reasons and could not reach them on the official phones
    then i reapplied with the same data and took leave and went directly and spent 6 hrs standing in queues and collected them
    what a pity and you say that they will call you.
    If the government staff is so responsible and courteous India would have become a super power long back.
    Any share the phone no please .
    CommentQuote
  • I got the EC applied online within 15 days.
    CommentQuote
  • @ravicbe,
    why u say certain areas are not covered ? courier guy nowadays is delivering to the remotest of the villages and for u to say that certain areas are not covered is laughable. that too in chennai ? You need to understand that courier guy is going to deliver and we are going to pay , why bothers certain areas not to be covered ?
    CommentQuote
  • Even I applied online and never got it for several months, then I shot an email to a higher official in registration department (got email ID from tnreginet website). They didn't reply back to my email but I got the EC next week by post.
    CommentQuote
  • you are a fortunate fellow
    CommentQuote
  • Not received even after applying

I have also tried the online and I didnt get it till now

Secondly the website form allows only TN districts. Is there any way for indicating an address that is outside TN.

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • try gujarati govt sources... that particular website being referred is run by the TN govt and there must / should be one run by the govt of gujarat / other states as well
    CommentQuote
  • ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ENCUMBRANCE CERTIFICATE

See in right top side. Web site says Click here to know district of Delivery and they do not send to certain districts and spots . Presume you have not used online EC application filling so far or ignored to see right top side instruction

Now after several complaints from consumers through RTI for lack of manpower cited for issue and delivery of EC applied on online by tnreginet, Govt raised to the level and opened online EC status link for knowing the status.

Link is http://www.tnreginet.net/webec_status_public.asp

If we need EC urgently to close the sale or Purchase of property, we must grease and get in in 1 hours time .There is a way and method

Originally Posted by mudobsession
    @ravicbe,
    why u say certain areas are not covered ? courier guy nowadays is delivering to the remotest of the villages and for u to say that certain areas are not covered is laughable. that too in chennai ? You need to understand that courier guy is going to deliver and we are going to pay , why bothers certain areas not to be covered ?
    CommentQuote
  • This link for EC status always says "Pending". I am from chennai which says it is covered but still did not receive it after 8 weeks. I tried calling them on phone and luckily got their number and they said that ECs are never delivered without payment and banged the phone :-(
    howz that possible when others are receiving...does it mean that he does not have right information?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Int123
    This link for EC status always says "Pending". I am from chennai which says it is covered but still did not receive it after 8 weeks. I tried calling them on phone and luckily got their number and they said that ECs are never delivered without payment and banged the phone :-(
    howz that possible when others are receiving...does it mean that he does not have right information?

I'm not sure if they promise to deliver within a defined period (I wish they worked on a SLA basis - probably they are supposed too, but don't follow). In the past, I've applied the EC on the same property 2 times - I had to wait for about 3 months with in-numerous calls, mails, etc but it finally landed when first applied and to my surprise it was delivered within 10 days the next time I applied.

I guess it also depends upon the back-end staff at the particular SRO. If you are btw finalizing a property and in urgent need then, I would recommend visit in person and try..its should be faster and if your lucky should be a matter of a couple of hours.

good luck !!
    CommentQuote
  • ok. would like to try once again. but unfortunately the site is not working from last coupel of days.i dont have a hurry as i just bought the plot a month back and would like to have the ec for records.
    CommentQuote
  • This online application for EC is a complete joke. I tried twice in the past year but neither time I got it. In India the officials give s**t about us and our rights. I don't understand why do they introduce modern facilities and then don't do any follow ups. When they introduced this system I thought this will really benefit the public as they don't need to pay any more than the set amount. It is proved wrong now.:(
    CommentQuote
  • true.. in states like AP you can view EC records online for districts in and around hydreabad(slowly they are extending across). In that case, applying EC is just for document sake but you can regularly monitor your plots online.
    CommentQuote