Sort by :
Filter by :
- For now, FDI in retail will not be allowed as per Amma. So till the next election there is noway they are coming in. The rules might get relaxed in future and these retail giants if coming in to Chennai will require plots of sizes an acre and above abutting the arterial roads. I dont see any great impact as many of the apartments coming up also buy similar plots.
Walmart has already bought a 5 acre plot near vanagaram for wholesale trade, as per news reports.CommentQuote0Flag
- Implementing FDI in retail has been left to the states. TN vehemently opposes it and hence decided not to implement.
- FDI in Retail has indirect effect around borders for effective SCM . Though it is for the respective state Govt to permit for setting up stores, it does not end and pronounce the SCM and Cold storage facilities close to border.
In Gummidipoondi, if a big site is acquired and all the inbound Fruits and Vegetables are diverted to that spot for effective distribution in AP and all the stuff from AP Stores which are not available in TN especially chennai is distributed indirectly through Network, Controlling will be tough . Hence TN Trade union is staging a protest before Wallmart.
Hence cold storage,dry storage,Transit points and Distribution points by FDI giants will silently mushroom in all parts of state where Supply is more at cheaper rate for effective storage and distribution through cross border later even though they will not be permitted through Stores in our State .
How many cars were purchased in Pondy for saving tax in 90s and 2000 by TN owners and Traders and that menace still continues for High end car to save big Tax .
Chennai's Rice supply is predominantly from AP especially Nellore and its mass procurement by Wall mart or K mart will cut the inflow into Chennai and increase the price and it's indirect supply through networks around border will create further issues. Like How UP northern Border is used for importing all electronic stuff from China through donkeys and peoples without any control by CE and Customs
Even smart TN farmers will start supplying to FDI permitted states for better price if offered than selling to domestic market is the concern of Trade union leaders here . Hence RE will have an effect around supply resource ,Transit and border areas definitely in the long run.Originally Posted by maverick007Implementing FDI in retail has been left to the states. TN vehemently opposes it and hence decided not to implement.
- If all states implement and TN does not wont it be a loss to TN.CommentQuote0Flag
- Read fine prints of FDI. Nobody can escape to gain or losse in India as we have inter state sale transaction , Local sales, Imported sales and above all Imported and distributed through domestic sales . The last one is pitching in the form of FDI as a whole while all others are strengthening the SCM in the whole process.
It is the Source,Supply point,Demand Areas,SCM,Transit points,Cold storge Points and Distribution and Ware housing which plays important role in SCM and attaining the business objective at last rather than who allows ,implements and loose or gain ultimately .
Consumer needs the goods which he needs ultimately at any cost from any state at all the point of time is the order of dayOriginally Posted by chennaidesiIf all states implement and TN does not wont it be a loss to TN.CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by chennaidesiIf all states implement and TN does not wont it be a loss to TN.
Govt is also trying to protect Touts, Middlemen, etc who do not do anything but skim of prices of farmers and consumers.
Retail FDI is the best thing happening to Indian consumer, not sure why TN is so anti development.
We pay one of the highest prices. Everything is sold at MRP.
Indian consumers deserve better retail experience, product availability and better prices.CommentQuote0Flag
Hi firends i hope that walmart has already entered Tamilnadu in the name of Modern price market a joint venture with bharathi , they too have a godown in maduravoyal .CommentQuote0Flag