Jones Sigiriya is a new project launched in Pallikaranai. It is near to Kamatchi Hospital,just behind the MPL Ford Showrooom which is located on Pallavaram - Thoraipakkam road . Offer price of 4900 Rs per sq.ft.

More details here : Sigiriya – a Perfect Residential Apartment!
Read more
368 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Is nt 4900.sqft a bit costly for the location?
    CommentQuote
  • very costly
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by he2007
    very costly

Yes..........too high...4500 to .5k is price in Shols area....pl check thoroughly before buying
    CommentQuote
  • Yes price is on higher side ! they are trying the very near to velachery card i guess! Even Plaza 'Tranquil Acres' near the same area is charging 5250 per sq ft but on the main road.
    CommentQuote
  • Last i spoke to Jones fnd. some 5 months back, they said they had this land from a long time. Hence I dont know why they want to cash in on the pricing spree of Sarvam and Plaza TA.

Chandrasekhar builders were last quoting 4.5k some 5 months back. I guess 4.8 K is the norm behind Ford showroom.

But if the response of buyers is not encouraging, there could be a price correction like that of Altius. Altho I hardly think that will happen.

They might plan to take it upto 5.2 K in a year quoting proximity to the 1 crore chettinad enclave ;)

That said, i like this maxworth nagar side of Pallikaranai as it has greenery and is very peaceful!
    CommentQuote
  • Half page ad in Hindu today says CMDA approved for this project.
    CommentQuote
  • Visited the site at Maxworth Nagar on Saturday. Not much developments in the near vicinity of the flat. Comes just before Chettinad Enclave and there are a few independent houses scattered around but no nearby stores etc. Have to walk to 200ft road for all amenities (not saying that a store won't be opened in another year or two with all the new occupants coming in). Half a km from 200ft road and close to a km from Velachery-Medavakkam road. Not our cup of tea.
    CommentQuote
  • The Apartment location is very good and is one of the calmest and relatively posh localities around Pallikaranai. But 4900/sq.ft Base price for a mid-end apartment complex sounds expensive for the place.
    CommentQuote
  • Nice Location

I did visit this location couple of days back. The locality is good. However, 4900 and their dumb strategy with 1BHK apartments is not very impressive. Mapleton on the main road is still unable to sell its 1BHK apartments. jones foundation is not willing to bring down the price. Any idea to what extent i can bargain with these newbies in town ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jackhere
    I did visit this location couple of days back. The locality is good. However, 4900 and their dumb strategy with 1BHK apartments is not very impressive. Mapleton on the main road is still unable to sell its 1BHK apartments. jones foundation is not willing to bring down the price. Any idea to what extent i can bargain with these newbies in town ?

Jack, the 1 BHK apartments are not due to dumb strategy by builders. If a project area exceeds 2.5 acres, it is compulsory to allot 10% of the area for smaller apartments of size around 500 SQFT for economically weaker sections. Otherwise the project will not be approved by CMDA.

I agree with you that these 1 BHKs are pain for both the builders to sell and the bigger units' owners in terms of fitting in the community.
    CommentQuote
  • Ashok, Thanks for that clarification. My ignorance is on display here :)
    CommentQuote
  • Would like to know more thoughts on this project ??....good and bad, throw them in.
    CommentQuote
  • Apologise for deviating the discussion here, however thought could be a good info who are interested in the area.

There is one project AKB Chrome, off(0.4km) the Pallavaram-Thoraipakkam road, it is behind the shell petrol bunk(this is next to Vels university). Pallavaram railway station is 3 kms, there is another route via dargah road to reach there.

choices are limited(40 units) maximum of 990 sqft with minimum amenities children play area, swimming pool, AC gym, power backup for lift and common area. they are charging 4400 per sq ft. Claimed to be sold out within 5 hours of launch.. not sure though, as they say few wait-list units are available after cancellation if any. the plans are simple and could well suit for whom preferring Vastu. The locality seems to be decent(bit posh) residential, with a school close by. There is scope for good develeoment as there good vacant lands available close by. the Pallavaram-thoraipakkam road also looks promising and could have good commerciall developments in future, after it is vey good, broad link between GST and OMR.

request someone to provide comments if they are aware about the project or area. thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • I think there are better ways to promote your project !....please, i am looking for information/ideas/thoughts on jones sigiriya
    CommentQuote
  • @jackhere

All the benefits applicable to Pallikaranai discussed in another thread should be valid here as well.

Ground water could be better i guess but not sure. Easy access to Velachery,Pallavaram, OMR makes this location attractive.

But this 200 feet road make take some time for shops to come near by. You need to travel to Pallikaranai or Velachery i guess.Also bus connectivity is not currently not there except for one or two routes.Kamatchi Hospital would be near by bus stop for most of the buses plying between pallikaranai and velachery. Also am not sure if the land is low lying make it prone for water stagnation during rains.

Pls check those aspects.
    CommentQuote