Collapse

Jones Sigiriya, Jones Foundations, Pallikaranai, Chennai

Last updated: June 6 2016
370 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Jones Sigiriya, Jones Foundations, Pallikaranai, Chennai

jackhere: any reasons as to why you dropped the plans? Just curious. Price point or other reasons?

Originally posted by jackhere View Post
    icee, just intended to make sure we stick to the thread subject, gives more credibility to the thread itself. Anyways, don't think i will be going for this one(sigiriya) in pallikaranai.

Comment

icee, just intended to make sure we stick to the thread subject, gives more credibility to the thread itself. Anyways, don't think i will be going for this one(sigiriya) in pallikaranai.
      yes.agreed.will start ŕ separate thread for akb chrome

Comment

Originally posted by sandycec View Post
        jackhere: any reasons as to why you dropped the plans? Just curious. Price point or other reasons?
        Sandy, I dropped it for now because, i still can't find a justification for 4900. I am doing some background checks on the proposed DAV gopalpuram branch in pallikaranai, if this is planned for 2014 or 2015, then it would be a nice investment. Having said that, i still think 4900 is worth it if you going to live there. I was looking at it from an investment point of view and hence backed off for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ramki830 View Post
          I disagree here.. 1 BHKs are not dumb ideas, they are very essential for holistic development of the emerging suburbs and newly developing areas of city.

Please have in mind that not all people living in a locality will be IT Professionals, NRIs and other hi end professionals earning six figure salaries and requiring 3BHK apartment and those who can pay 15 to 20K as rent pm. A balanced urban environment does need a big supply of low end small sized flats for people who are blue collar workers and people working for smaller salaries , and people who can pay only 2-4K per month as rent. We did not have all these in older parts of Chennai ( i mean layouts planned and developed in 1960s and 1970s) and that is why slums mushroomed.
          Dont want to hijack this thread.

We had a long thread on 1-BHK's effect. There were many varied views.

Mine was 1-BHK will not help blue collar people. They are sold at market prices. Even in Shols they cost 30L+.
          With Maintainance cost at 2.5-5Rs, (for 500sqft) it will come to 1250-2500 per month.

EMI for 30L for 20yrs will be 30K per month. So no blue collar workers will get in.

Most folks buying these units are NRIs and a very small percentage of IT people who cannot afford 2-BHKs.

Comment

I agree. I backed off for similar reasons. Felt 4400 to 4600/sqft would be a better price. Moreover, the only main connectivity road being 200ft road which is about 750meters away. Not sure if it matters in today's rental scenario. Also, not sure if falls under the new corporation limits.

Sandy, I dropped it for now because, i still can't find a justification for 4900. I am doing some background checks on the proposed DAV gopalpuram branch in pallikaranai, if this is planned for 2014 or 2015, then it would be a nice investment. Having said that, i still think 4900 is worth it if you going to live there. I was looking at it from an investment point of view and hence backed off for now.

Comment

Normally, EWS(economically weak society- 1 bhp flats) flats are lesser price than 2 or 3 bhks flats in gated society.however,in jones they still stand 4900...does any one have any idea on this...

Comment

I checked with jones thy told it comes under new corp limit...

Comment

Yes, they stick to 4900 for 1BHKs as well. However, the rate at which they increase price would be low for 1BHKs, compared to 2 or 3 BHKs...Again, it all comes down to demand !

Comment

other charges in sigiriya

Jack, what are the other charges at sigiiriya. Like carPark & for amenities, corpus. I mean what would be all extras..

Comment

4900 PSFT and 706134 is extra charges for 1147 SQFT apartment this includes car parking club membership,impact fee,registration charges,corpus fund...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X