Third high rise project (after Shanti's and Olympia's) bang on ECR, before Muttukadu lake.

16 storey tower, 64 über luxury units of 3600 sq ft each.
Read more
32 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Is this seaside or right side

Is this seaside or right side
    CommentQuote
  • love4land
    is high rise construction allowed in ECR. as per my knowledge.. NO thats why so many villa projects are there
    CommentQuote
  • marg swarnabhoomi which is 18 km from kalpakkam has launched four seasons which is a high rise around 30 floors.
    CommentQuote
  • Uthandi Phase II

Originally Posted by shakishaki
    love4land
    is high rise construction allowed in ECR. as per my knowledge.. NO thats why so many villa projects are there

Drive behind maritime university into uthandi phase ii and go to beach all the way and see properties there are atleast 10 individual blocks of flats 5 more in construction bang on the beach .....
    pricing is not high 45L you can live in an apartment seeing the beach
    these do exist in ECR need to go look for it
    CommentQuote
  • Surprising. With an FSI of 0.8, how can one construct multi storeyed apartments in ECR?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by radnats
    Surprising. With an FSI of 0.8, how can one construct multi storeyed apartments in ECR?

Get local panchayat thalaivar approval PRE corporation conversion ( which is essentially a NOC) Use the NOC to lay a simple basement ( foundation ) or a small structure whatever be it is.
    Get yourself Grandfathered in saying im before corp conversation local thalaivar gave NOC and then you converted into CORPORATION, not my problem

If you dont want to beleive this story i seriously ask you to drive there and look at it
    Wikimapia link
    New Bay Homes
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by radnats
    Surprising. With an FSI of 0.8, how can one construct multi storeyed apartments in ECR?

Actually even better WITHIN 500m CRZ zone, you know what
    BANK LOAN approved - BEATS the hell out of me
    TOTALLY true, i know the builder good friend of mine , but local panayur guy
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    Third high rise project (after Shanti's and Olympia's) bang on ECR, before Muttukadu lake.

16 storey tower, 64 über luxury units of 3600 sq ft each.

Pricing, payment, schedule, posession?
    CommentQuote
  • site visit

All did any one did a site visit to this location
    how is the water quality
    we keep talking about Aquafier recharge, catchment, canal restrictions and CRZ review, look at, this it defies all odds IMHO
    But in any case not ready to cast a judgement if any one did a site visit please post pics or comments/ reviews /feedbacks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRajagopalan
    All did any one did a site visit to this location
    how is the water quality
    we keep talking about Aquafier recharge, catchment, canal restrictions and CRZ review, look at, this it defies all odds IMHO
    But in any case not ready to cast a judgement if any one did a site visit please post pics or comments/ reviews /feedbacks

Sure does defies all odds.

It is right next to muttukadu and in a very eco sensitive area with water very close on 3 sides sides.

The site is said to be opposite to national institute of multiple disability NIEPMD.

This must come under Mammalapuram Local Planning Authority?

If this is sucessfull it can be a game changer for ECR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist
    Sure does defies all odds.

It is right next to muttukadu and in a very eco sensitive area with water very close on 3 sides sides.

The site is said to be opposite to national institute of multiple disability NIEPMD.

This must come under Mammalapuram Local Planning Authority?

If this is sucessfull it can be a game changer for ECR.

No actually not, it wont come under mamalapuram afaik
    i know this site, i drove across but there was a big compound wall with gates but no construciton or launch boards
    it may even have a sea view on top floors because ECR narrows on that bend on seaside and there are not a lot of land for sale on seaside in that neighbourhood
    from location it will fall under muttukadu -
    i beleive this is the approximate google map coords

Project site

http://www.tulivedevelopers.com/ecstasea.html#TB_inline?height=602&width=835&inlineId=draggable1
    CommentQuote
  • Govt started grilling and drilling this Coastal stretch and will come out with a report and action plan in 2 months time . Many will have Tsunami like situation after that .

CRZ,ACQ,BW,BT,ML ,DA,CFA,NI will be known when it is clearly spelt with explanation by Authoriites with Legal notice .

Many Beach front Landlords are foolish to keep quiet by paving way for others to develop MSB that too with 0.8 FSI .

If they construct 16 floors, then Purva,EP and others will revise from 11 to 28 like Hira and Hira,Opaline,Add will start developing 45-50 floors only henceforth .

Flight landing and taking off path and angles are nt known to many it seems . Hence Add 50 floors is still kept pending by AAI and Hiras 45 floors approved along with Abov.

Respect the height when you raise MSB and distance when you do business close to sea
    CommentQuote
  • The OP's development in discussion is not BEACH SIDE its on the other side but close to canal
    I have marked and provided the Google map coordinates, the seaside landlords mostly never make noise about any thing as most of them are not in a position to make any noise due to variety of personal situations, have you ever seen a Yahoo group, google group, FB group, or even a Home owner association activist group on the internet from ECR seaside home owners ?
    They almost will never, One of my neighbour is ***STOP(akkarari) restaurant owner all he says why go create publicity
    exact quotes
    "erkanave ekkachka thalai vali idhu vera nammakku thevaya "
    they may try some thing behind the scenes no one will come and do some thing in public.
    This is my exp with them
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the right side of ECR should be 500M+ from the sea.
    Since land is pretty cheap on this side, developer can still make money by 0.8FSI if the land is procured at cheap rates.

Looking at google maps, this project is pretty crappy location. Very close to backwaters and there is no development in the opposite side too.

I would be interested to see what kind of people will go for this development.

Left Side of OMR properties with Sea View in Siruseri are priced much lower at 4-4.5K, with Hira at top of the range. Olympia Reflections has much better location than Estacea and also a high end project, though being sold at around 6K.

I feel this project is definitely worth less than Reflections, Hira on OMR and might even be bit lower than TVH Ouranya Bay and Olympia Opaline.

So if this is launched at 4K, it will be very tight for developer. At 2K constuction cost leaves 2K for land. At 20% common area, the UDS has to be close to 100%.
    2K * 2400 = 48L per ground will be UDS cost.

He should have got his land for practically nothing, may be 20-30L a ground or even lower to attempt a project like this. May be this is a JV.

Coming back to Apt development on ECR, the economics just does not seem to work out. As land is overpriced, I would blame late 90's and early 2000's period for startospheric price increase though in the last 10 yrs most people have shifted to OMR. For a developer to offer 100% UDS and bear high construction cost, top of it sell at a price equal to OMR presents a very difficult challenge. So thats why no big developers have ventured into this space. It is going to remain indep house domain or illegal flats for quite some time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by k11

Coming back to Apt development on ECR, the economics just does not seem to work out. As land is overpriced, I would blame late 90's and early 2000's period for startospheric price increase though in the last 10 yrs most people have shifted to OMR. For a developer to offer 100% UDS and bear high construction cost, top of it sell at a price equal to OMR presents a very difficult challenge.

So thats why no big developers have ventured into this space. It is going to remain indep house domain or illegal flats for quite some time.

I would disagree with that view.

The reason why ECR is less developed is purely due to multiple development control rules enforced by both Central & State Gov.

Multiple issues like ultra low FSI, Minimum land size requirement, ARZ, CRZ I , II & III etc are the reason.

If there was no extra gov control, ECR would have even out done OMR.

A sensible goverment in a sensible country would have a flexibile plan to ensure both development & ECO conservation would go in hand in hand instead of heavy handed approach India & TN takes.

Good example is Gold Coast (94 km beach stretch) where there are many super tall buildings right on the beach including worlds tallest Apartment Q1 (1058 feet high was the record untill May 2011) on the beach.

So it is the multiple gov rules enforced is reson for ECR's current state nothing eles.

The Gov (present and past) wants ECR to be designated low density.
    CommentQuote