Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

Collapse
X
Collapse

Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

Last updated: February 19 2013
33 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #21

    #21

    Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

    Originally posted by Economist View Post
    K11,

    I think we have similar views on ECR but some miscommunication is happening.

    I am not supporting for development in ECR (at least not as done in Chennai)

    But I was pointing out the reason for ECRs lack of development ( not that it is a bad thing)

    The factor that you, me any many others like about ECR (to reside) is not appealing to main stream "sausage factories" therefore the price is lower than what it should be otherwise.

    Just because I am pointing out the reason you may think I am supporting ECR to become Velachery, It is not true.

    My point is ECR should be left as is or Developed in overseas model any one of the two but certainly not Velachey/ perunkudi etc model.

    If I were to live in Chennai I would love to live in Uthandi beach front on 4 ground plot.

    Anyways I better drop this here as it is getting very convoluted.
    Uthandi will never become VLCY or Perungudi or Pallikaranai
    Please - i have a vested interest

    Comment

    • #22

      #22

      Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

      Originally posted by SRajagopalan View Post
      Uthandi will never become VLCY or Perungudi or Pallikaranai
      Please - i have a vested interest
      I feel you did not read the post in entirety before replaying.

      Comment

      • #23

        #23

        Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

        Originally posted by Economist View Post
        I feel you did not read the post in entirety before replaying.
        Economist i did read it i was echoing my angst thats all

        Comment

        • #24

          #24

          Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

          if u live in seaside, then u have to move out for tsunami alerts....My friend sold off his plot because of this.

          Comment

          • #25

            #25

            Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

            There are multitude of issues with sea side properties ranging from corrosion, need for more frequent tidying up, poor ground water, salt deposits, cyclone or tsunami related flooding (car parks, generator, etc..) etc..

            People who buy are mostly conscious of these and are willing to pay the price. Those who don't want these hassles can opt out.

            IMO this is much better than backwater properties coming up in OMR which in addition to those stated above, will also face mosquito and stench related issues which will eventually occur thanks to indiscriminate dumping of garbage and sewage. We can expect Muttukadu to soon become another Cooum and Adyar estuary in the next 10 yrs.

            ECR multi-storey apartments will be spared of this fate.
            Last edited February 18 2013, 08:53 AM.

            Comment

            • #26

              #26

              Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

              Originally posted by Love4land View Post
              IMO this is much better than backwater properties coming up in OMR which in addition to those stated above, will also face mosquito and stench related issues which will eventually occur thanks to indiscriminate dumping of garbage and sewage. We can expect Muttukadu to soon become another Cooum and Adyar estuary in the next 10 yrs.

              ECR multi-storey apartments will be spared of this fate.
              Boss, this project is right on Backwaters in Muttukadu. It is surrounded by it. Look at google maps on the site. Their other location maps is wrong.

              The location for this project seems to be a big suprise. It is on the mouth of the backwaters.



              Compared to Uthandi, Panayur and Akkarai seems much better places.

              As L4L stated, it is not easy to live there. But as a second home/vaction home, it does make an attractive proposition. Timeshare concept would become popular if introduced, may be it is already there.
              Last edited February 18 2013, 09:38 AM.

              Comment

              • #27

                #27

                Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

                Originally posted by k11 View Post
                Boss, this project is right on Backwaters in Muttukadu. It is surrounded by it. Look at google maps on the site. Their other location maps is wrong.

                The location for this project seems to be a big suprise. It is on the mouth of the backwaters.



                Compared to Uthandi, Panayur and Akkarai seems much better places.

                As L4L stated, it is not easy to live there. But as a second home/vaction home, it does make an attractive proposition. Timeshare concept would become popular if introduced, may be it is already there.
                Kaasuku eatha dosa sir -
                akkarai way too expensive infact expensive thaan enjambakkam
                panayur very good layout ( modern builder) expensive as well, expensive than vettuvankani for good reasons
                uthandi cheaper of the three - but definitey DISAGREE that its not liveable its very easily liveable
                and plus you need to keep in mind, the GREAT MAESTRO ISAIGNANI ILAYARAJA the musical genius, built his seaside house and lived there for 10 years in 80s,90s when he gave us the best memorable music
                THe house is still there ( owned by SRM guest house group now) so give that credit to Uthandi if Raaja could live there 20 years back why not us, why not me ?

                Comment

                • #28

                  #28

                  Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

                  Originally posted by SRajagopalan View Post
                  Kaasuku eatha dosa sir -
                  akkarai way too expensive infact expensive thaan enjambakkam
                  panayur very good layout ( modern builder) expensive as well, expensive than vettuvankani for good reasons
                  uthandi cheaper of the three - but definitey DISAGREE that its not liveable its very easily liveable
                  and plus you need to keep in mind, the GREAT MAESTRO ISAIGNANI ILAYARAJA the musical genius, built his seaside house and lived there for 10 years in 80s,90s when he gave us the best memorable music
                  THe house is still there ( owned by SRM guest house group now) so give that credit to Uthandi if Raaja could live there 20 years back why not us, why not me ?
                  I used to spend many weekends in Uthandi in the mid 90's as my High school friend's family had a holiday Bungalow with pool on the beach (5-6 grounds) near Illayaraja's home.

                  Good portion of my holidays after year 12 exams was spent there.

                  I fell in love with that place and Bungalow ever since and always thought if ever buy a property to live it should be in a location like that.

                  Infact when I started to invest in Chennai my first port of call was ECR that is when I found out about all the Goverment restrictions and backed off as It was Investment.

                  I always thought well if decide to move back and live in Chennai,I can always consider the area again.

                  Many of my friends are still invested in Neelankarai, Olive Beach, Pannayur, Akkari etc.

                  To me all of them are similar provided the layout is good, close to the beach and away from fisherman village.
                  Last edited February 18 2013, 10:30 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #29

                    #29

                    Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

                    Originally posted by Economist View Post
                    I used to spend many weekends in Uthandi in the mid 90's as my High school friend's family had a holiday Bungalow with pool on the beach (5-6 grounds) near Illayaraja's home.

                    Good portion of my holidays after year 12 exams was spent there.

                    I fell in love with that place and Bungalow ever since and always thought if ever buy a property to live it should be in a location like that.

                    Infact when I started to invest in Chennai my first port of call was ECR that is when I found out about all the Goverment restrictions and backed off as It was Investment.

                    I always thought well if decide to move back and live in Chennai,I can always consider the area again.

                    Many of my friends are still invested in Neelankarai, Olive Beach, Pannayur, Akkari etc.

                    To me all of them are similar provided the layout is good, close to the beach and away from fisherman village.
                    I think i know the property you are mentioning it has to be one of 2 properties im thinking, there is an auditor who has a property that faces west on the same road as ilayaraja house corner - 6 grounds that backs all the way to beach - very nice house or the one on the corner across from the road..i may be off, but i have visited pretty much every house in that neighbourhood, yes agree, any day can retire and chill with nice ice cold beer. there is no fisherman occupation, beach is super clean

                    Comment

                    • #30

                      #30

                      Re : Ecstasea Luxury multistorey apartment on ECR

                      Originally posted by k11 View Post
                      Most of the right side of ECR should be 500M+ from the sea.

                      I feel this project is definitely worth less than Reflections, Hira on OMR and might even be bit lower than TVH Ouranya Bay and Olympia Opaline.

                      So if this is launched at 4K, it will be very tight for developer. At 2K constuction cost leaves 2K for land. At 20% common area, the UDS has to be close to 100%.
                      2K * 2400 = 48L per ground will be UDS cost.
                      The project is being priced at Rs. 6000 per square feet; plus high rise charges for upper floors. I am not sure what the builder must be thinking, with this kind or pricing so far away from city.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X