There is one project AKB Chrome, off(0.4km) the Pallavaram-Thoraipakkam road, it is behind the shell petrol bunk(this is next to Vels university). Pallavaram railway station is 3 kms, there is another route via dargah road to reach there.

choices are limited(40 units) maximum of 990 sqft with minimum amenities children play area, swimming pool, AC gym, power backup for lift and common area. they are charging 4400 per sq ft.The Price seems to be high.. Claimed to be sold out within 5 hours of launch.. not sure though, as they say few wait-list units are available after cancellation if any.

the plans are simple and could well suit for whom preferring Vastu.Iam one preferring vastu.

The locality seems to be decent(bit posh) residential, with a school (dhyajothi)close by. There is scope for good develeoment as there good vacant lands available close by. the Pallavaram-thoraipakkam road also looks promising and could have good commerciall developments in future, after it is vey good, broad link between GST and OMR.

request someone to provide comments if they are aware about the project or area. thanks. iam looking to buy one(already booked), any comments will help me before pouring more money in..

Any quick help is highly appreciated.Thanks.
Read more
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • hi,

i have had a look into it... we also have bookd in tis project.... if you come to know anything bad abt it plz let me knw... we are not sure... locality is good... but price - we have no idea abt it...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by iceemani
    @Jack, thanks your input.it helps. let me reachout to existiing customers of AKB.

i have no job@ velachery, i work at guindy. i would prefer porur, two things are making me stay away, poor road approach(narrow roads for given traffic and prices over 5000, personally i hate porur and aypanthangal for congested nature.

I see this Pallavaram-thoraipakkam radial road as my main base of interest and the railway station 3km as second.this area has good scope for commercial/official developments as large parcels of land on road are yet to be developed.but dont have a clue why it was not touched so far.

Ice,
    Did you get any chance to check previous customer of AKB?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chennaidesi
    In Chennai it is almost impossible to lay a 200 ft road that's why govt decided to at least call a road as 200 ft road.

Very true, but this was one of the well thought out project ahead of its time. The roads were ready sometime in 2001 and was waiting for the railway overbridge for more than 10 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gsvreal
    Ice,
    Did you get any chance to check previous customer of AKB?

Not yet @gsv, do you have any idea about the builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Price is high

:( The price seems to be high.. Jill

:)Atlast i got a partner in this forum

Which flat did you book, i have Private messaged you my number. you can call me.

Originally Posted by deep2jill
    hi,

i have had a look into it... we also have bookd in tis project.... if you come to know anything bad abt it plz let me knw... we are not sure... locality is good... but price - we have no idea abt it...
    CommentQuote
  • oops, i got this message when i thought i PMed you,

deep2jill has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove deep2jill from the recipient list and send the message again.
      Please leave your number i will call you.. thanks

Originally Posted by iceemani
      :( The price seems to be high.. Jill

:)Atlast i got a partner in this forum

Which flat did you book, i have Private messaged you my number. you can call me.
    CommentQuote
  • i got a call from akb marketing people and saying that there are some vacancies in their project..is it worth to buy? also it seems apartments will be in less airflow and light once adjacent plot of this project is been built...kindly suggest?
    CommentQuote
  • Norh side is great, South is OK.

Originally Posted by gsvreal
    i got a call from akb marketing people and saying that there are some vacancies in their project..is it worth to buy? also it seems apartments will be in less airflow and light once adjacent plot of this project is been built...kindly suggest?

GVS, I would be glad to provide my thoughts.

if you pick a flat

*on the noth side of the building there is going to be good flow of light and air as the pasage on the north is wider compared to south and i have seen adjacent building (house) on north have left some space on their south, so there is not going to be problem at all.

*on the south still you could get good air and light but not as compared to one at noth side.Who knows it could be better compared to north, but will be known only when someone builds on the south side.

Hey do you know about builder, please share.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by iceemani

Hey do you know about builder, please share.

Ice, I remember getting an email from AKBchrome a few months back about a project called 'Lake View' in Medavakam. May be you can ask them to show this project , and then u can check their quality , finishing etc. But I dont know if the Medavakkam project is completed.

Welcome to AKB Chennai

This is their original website which show many completed projects near Tambaram .
    CommentQuote
  • I have booked a Flat in AKB Chrome. Please call me back if you also booked.

Thanks,
    Ashok
    CommentQuote
  • just curious on this, since the project launch.. why are they tagging to chrompet. Its more near to pallavaram. Pallavaram and chrompet MRTS are at the same distance from this project but this project lies in the pallavaram side. Correct me if i am wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vettipayyan
    Ice, I remember getting an email from AKBchrome a few months back about a project called 'Lake View' in Medavakam. May be you can ask them to show this project , and then u can check their quality , finishing etc. But I dont know if the Medavakkam project is completed.

Welcome to AKB Chennai

This is their original website which show many completed projects near Tambaram .

I had been to this lakeview project few months before, its in construction stage. Just the other side of the medavakam lake, not the medavakkam bustand side. Location is congested. I felt lake view construction is fine, the design looked bit outdated, i meant the color.. just my thought. This project should be the builders first large scale project with amenities.
    CommentQuote
  • It is pallavaram.

Originally Posted by boo3dmax
    just curious on this, since the project launch.. why are they tagging to chrompet. Its more near to pallavaram. Pallavaram and chrompet MRTS are at the same distance from this project but this project lies in the pallavaram side. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes the address belongs to pallavaram not chromepet, both MRTS are almost on a same distance(3.5 to 4 km). i dont know why they wanted to call it as chromepet.
    CommentQuote
  • how was the construction

Originally Posted by boo3dmax
    I had been to this lakeview project few months before, its in construction stage. Just the other side of the medavakam lake, not the medavakkam bustand side. Location is congested. I felt lake view construction is fine, the design looked bit outdated, i meant the color.. just my thought. This project should be the builders first large scale project with amenities.

@3dmax, how was their construction in medavakkam project. is it good, bad? have you booked in AKB chrome? if you are aware of the builder, please share.Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • i visited the building (lake view) but didnt go inside, the constuction from outside seems decent. rate was also fair for that place, but i dont like the place. I havent booked in chrome.
    CommentQuote