The global recession has bottomed,Most developed nations are now out of the woods.The recovery mode has began.

This Global Financial crisis,(GFC) has turned out to be not as bad as predicted earlier. Fortunately some developed nations did not even have negative growth. Mostly Europe and N.America was affected.

The interesting out come I have seen is:

Emerging economies like China,India & Brazil has come out fine in the GFC.
    China (with resilient growth and commodities purchase)was the trigger that had ended the GFC.
    The wester countries are surprised (by the resilience of China & India) and now reaffirmed that future growth is in China & India.
    I am seeing renewed optimism and bullish behavior on investor sentiment towards China and India.
    In Nov 2008 no western investor wold have dreamed of investing in Indian money market or short term debt market ( The wheel that moves property market in India)
    Now there is renewed interest in the west to invest in Indian credit market due to stable INR and Interest rate arbitrage (ROI 2% US and 3.5% Australia against 7% India)

The Indian credit wheel that runs runs the growth of India is now moving again,The wheel is slowly being oiled by foreign investments again and the the wheel will picking up speed.

Equity market is seeing foreign investor returning to ride the upside.

M&A acitivities are picking up,IPO's are on the cards again.

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY PROPERTY AT THE LOWER PRICE AND WATCH IT GROW OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.

The return will not be astronomical as it was in 2005 to 08,however the forecast is healthy double digit growth for the next few years.
    The Indian credit wheel that runs runs the growth of India is now moving again,The wheel is slowly being oiled by foreign investments again and the the wheel will picking up speed.

NOW IS THE TIME TO BUY PROPERTY AT THE LOWER PRICE AND WATCH IT GROW OVER THE NEXT FIVE YEARS.

The return will not be astronomical as it was in 2005 to 08,however the forecast is healthy double digit growth for the next few years.

Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Nats,

I just completed a response to you about your complaint of my mud slinging in my posts with reference to you.

As you (and everyone else) can see, just like a dog pisses at every post it sees without thinking, you also have to piss at every one of my posts irrespective of whether it makes sense or not, without rhyme or reason.

So, you see it fit to piss on a post that is merely a conversation between Economist, m_square and me and doesnt't involve you at all.

So, like the dog in the example, you will continue to piss on others in every post they make that doesn't suit your views and - since this is probably genetic and congenital in nature - you will always have many times that number of posts pissing right back at you (to put it in more graphic terms, for every one litre of "out"put, you will receive at least 4-5 litres of "in"put, drenching you in the bargain)!!! Your arrogance and conceit will mask you from the reality of where the root cause of your problem lies!!!

Go ahead and piss in response to this post and see the response!

cheers

Now you admitted to two things, that you are a dog and you piss at my posts. I for one tend to ignore stray dogs (theru nai).
    PS. I am praying that Kilpauk will get hold of their escapee! God save me from this lunatic who calls himself Wise.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Sansei
    Hi Eco and old friend Nats,

Can u people explain to us the point to point as done by big bear.

Also add the dismal monsoon + Swine flu + deteriorating fiscal deficit scenario to ur explanations.

Even if u say we r out of woods, its back to Hindu rate of growth for some time. Nats once for all Pl say loud RE means LAND & LAND only for u. Does it include these exhorbitant Flats.

There is an additional answer to you on flats in addition to the one I wrote before. I was searching for flats in Saligramam and I found prices ranging from 3800 to 11100. Now the 3800 to 4500 are old flats so coming to new flats it is around 5500-6500. Then how did one sell a 11100 flat. It is not as the bears state that 11K wont find buyers.
    Obviously there is something about flats. The point is even if the quality is improved miles and bounds I dont understand how another 5K more for the building can be utilised. In other words many flat buyers are either US hype based creatures who as I said earlier know not what they are doing. So if some ten fools scream it is good, they will buy it and if 10 fools scream it is bad will dump it. As you see the bears here are doing a coterie game of confusing VALUES (not that they have a value!! LOL!).
    So flats are to be bought for living, not for investment. If you need that quality of living then pay for it, if you can.
    Land on the other hand is an asset. You can build a 11K psft building or a .9Kpsft building. Also you control your destiny. Hope it helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Result

Hi Nats i forgot to ADD proposed Tax code in the equation.

Ur methodology is like a literary professor long and winding.

What i gather is that u espouse land will appreciate so Buy

What i further gather : Don't buy Flat unless u value it and can afford it.

So the question r u bull on flats with rentals at 2.5 -3.5 % ROI of residential values against the accepted 5-7% ROI.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Nats i forgot to ADD proposed Tax code in the equation.

Ur methodology is like a literary professor long and winding.

What i gather is that u espouse land will appreciate so Buy

What i further gather : Don't buy Flat unless u value it and can afford it.

So the question r u bull on flats with rentals at 2.5 -3.5 % ROI of residential values against the accepted 5-7% ROI.

I wont buy a flat unless I want to live in it. Hope this is not Professorial!
    CommentQuote
  • Thanx

Thanx,

So u do agree that the flats r overpriced.

I also agree with land being the moot point. However, if the infra develops reulting in better connectivity and facilities, the prices will surely stabilise. The central areas will forever stay off limits to us folks.
    CommentQuote
    Thanx,

So u do agree that the flats r overpriced.

I also agree with land being the moot point. However, if the infra develops reulting in better connectivity and facilities, the prices will surely stabilise. The central areas will forever stay off limits to us folks.

I did not say flats are overpriced ever. All I said is that flats always (now or before or after...in time) should only be bought to live and not for any other reason. Hope this enters your head and you dont read your own agenda between the lines.
    CommentQuote
  • light at the end of the tunnel

in the above said thred post num 47 wisy uses the word amen' is he joking? These are things never to be repeated, just because wisy doesnt like opinions of others,it is inept on ur part to choose words pertaining to religion ,it hurts sentiments. Since u have sold ur re and stocks, why dont u wrap up and get lost?At least nats has wits, sense of humour and excellent language skills and readers I am sure enjoy that if not his views.
    CommentQuote
  • Of course

Prices are bound to increase. With the increasing salaries and mad hiring and booming salaries, prices are bound to increase.
    CommentQuote
  • Am I the only one?

Originally Posted by kkkumar
    in the above said thred post num 47 wisy uses the word amen' is he joking? These are things never to be repeated, just because wisy doesnt like opinions of others,it is inept on ur part to choose words pertaining to religion ,it hurts sentiments. Since u have sold ur re and stocks, why dont u wrap up and get lost?At least nats has wits, sense of humour and excellent language skills and readers I am sure enjoy that if not his views.

kkkumar,

Before you get all shirty about it, consider this ...

The word Amen is a declaration of affirmation found in the Hebrew Bible and New Testament. Its use in Judaism dates back to its earliest texts. It has been generally adopted in Christian worship as a concluding word for prayer and hymn .="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amen#cite_note-ety-1"] In Islam, it is the standard ending to Dua (supplication). Common English translations of the word amen include: "Verily", "Truly", "So be it", and "Let it be." It can also be used colloquially to express strong agreement, as in, for instance, amen to that.

Maybe you did not notice. There are many other instances of the use of the word Amen within this forum by others to make a strong statement of agreement. And you did not have any problems with those?!

While, to you it might only suggest use in a narrow form in a christian ceremony, fortunately, in this world, there are many more and much more liberal legitimate use of this term that has nothing whatsoever to do with religion!!!

So, while you have my apology on this to pander to your narrow views, may I suggest to you that it is you who is bringing in religious bigotry by trying to link the use of this word to religion (please look up the word bigotry and apply it to your criticism).

I have simply used this word in its non-religious context of agreement. Maybe you should learn to be a little more liberal. Are you christian? You (and the christians on this forum) might be a little more happy to learn that while I'm a hindu brahmin (and a practicing hindu at that), my wife is a practicing catholic and she (and many others devout christians) do not get as shirty as you when I use this word in a non-religious context. While I see to it that she goes to the church (and I accompany her there), she makes sure that I go to the temple (and she accompanies me as well!). So, don't go preaching to me!!!

Before you fall victim to your ignorance and bigotry and tell others to buzz off on the basis of that, you might want to consider updating your knowledge (use wikipedia). While Nats may have language skills, why don't you consider updating yours before bringing your breathtaking bigotry upon others?

cheers, you might want to consider updating your knowledge (use wikipedia). While Nats may have language skills, why don't you consider updating yours before bringing your breathtaking bigotry upon others?

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kkkumar
    in the above said thred post num 47 wisy uses the word amen' is he joking? These are things never to be repeated, just because wisy doesnt like opinions of others,it is inept on ur part to choose words pertaining to religion ,it hurts sentiments.

Nats has finally gone round the bend! Amen!

cheers

Mr kkkumar... there is nothing wrong on religion point of view or even grammatically when wiseman used the word Amen!

Even in Islam we use this word. We call it ameen. This is a standard end to a dua.

In Christianity, we use it as amen !

You can PM me if you wish to understand the true meaning of this word. Peace !
    CommentQuote
  • I completely agree with you! But when, is the question!

Originally Posted by Ramakant2k
    Prices are bound to increase. With the increasing salaries and mad hiring and booming salaries, prices are bound to increase.

Ramakant,

With the Indian economy on a long term growth path, prices have to increase!!! :D There is no one on this forum who does not agree with you on this!

But the arguments are only about when and how much! While Nats and a bunch of others believe it will take off right away (and he has full rights to his belief), me and another bunch believe that it has to become affordable first before it takes off!!!

Only time will tell which one of these two groups is right. There may even be a third option both our groups have not considered.

My only point is this. RE, like any other asset must be bought with the basis that, at any time it might need to be sold (divested) to take care of emergencies (say cancer which might cost 20 lakhs to cure, God forbid). I believe that it is the duty of every person to buy assets in such a way as to have it readily available for sale for emergencies (even as it appreciates steadily) - one of the reason why I invest in stocks as they are so readily saleable at any point!!!

So, along with "a place to call home and stay" as the basis, one must also buy with an eye on quick sale when demanded. Many of us fail in the second requirement when we buy and therefore get stuck when the need arises.

My current belief is that salaries and hiring will only increase in a meaningful way once the world's economy gets back on track (commonly believed to be in the 2010 - 2012 timeframe or longer). Then there is this excess inventory that has to be first cleared before new constructions can start ina big way (will a shopkeeper add more stock when he is already saddled with old stock that is not selling fast enough?).

Price - and more importantly volume and quick saleability - will only increase once the world economy bottoms out and rebounds. Till then prices will continue to be under pressure.

Of course, if you are having tons of money and buying only for 10-year timeframe and not bothered about short-term fluctuations and declines and need to buy, then you must buy now in an all-cash deal (so that you can eliminate the banker out of the deal!)

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • not all are wise as u are

Nice explanation and the research and ur personal bit of it. Not every one is wise and intelligent like u to to finish up webster dictionary, Its up to u to use such words, probably exercise caution not to experiment?what I wanted to thrust into ur mind is better to avoid such words both in public speach and written,since illiterates like us could feel offended and by the way, if I am not mistaken the illiteracy rate in India should be more than 60 percent I guess?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by m_square
    Mr kkkumar... there is nothing wrong on religion point of view or even grammatically when wiseman used the word Amen!

Even in Islam we use this word. We call it ameen. This is a standard end to a dua.

In Christianity, we use it as amen !

You can PM me if you wish to understand the true meaning of this word. Peace !

Ohm, ameen,amen are from the same origin.

Ohm is the word when pronounced properly comes from deep breeth and good for respiratory system
    CommentQuote
  • Agreed! Let us move on :)

Originally Posted by kkkumar
    Nice explanation and the research and ur personal bit of it. Not every one is wise and intelligent like u to to finish up webster dictionary, Its up to u to use such words, probably exercise caution not to experiment?what I wanted to thrust into ur mind is better to avoid such words both in public speach and written,since illiterates like us could feel offended and by the way, if I am not mistaken the illiteracy rate in India should be more than 60 percent I guess?

kkkumar,

Thanks for the compliment. I have nothing against you. As you might have seen, if there is a genuine disagreement by anyone with me, I promptly apologise. In fact, with Economist I sensed that my reply to him might be a little too strong and apologised even before he raised an issue with me (in fact he has not so far!:D).

I'm very sensitive to other's feelings and am very careful about the words I choose and the context I use them in and make sure that I do not offend anyone (exception is when I'm abused and I abuse right back without breaking the rules). Sometimes all that care might still allow some slip to happen (like in the case of Amen - normally I do not use that word :)).

There are many things relating to RE we need to discuss. Hope you have taken my apology in the right spirit!:D

Let us move on as friends and anytime you have a complaint against me, mail me and I will defuse the situation!!!;) I have no ego issues!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • And in these times of the flu, we all need a strong respiratory system!

Originally Posted by lovebird
    Ohm, ameen,amen are from the same origin.

Ohm is the word when pronounced properly comes from deep breeth and good for respiratory system

This is a good point. How many people on this forum do regular breathing exercise? Some call it Pranayama and some, something else ...

15 mins of vigorous breathing exercise every morning clears away any issues of cold, clears up the mind which has just woken up and is a little fuzzy and is reputed to give people a strong respiratory system with good immunity.

Its the simplest thing to do. Start it right away and see the benefits!

cheers
    CommentQuote