Great Time To Buy - Get Ready For The Gentle Bullish Market

Last updated: August 15 2009
31 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Great Time To Buy - Get Ready For The Gentle Bullish Market

Originally posted by wiseman View Post

I believe that we are again on the verge of another massive decline (you might even call it crash).
    And we won't have to wait long since this decline should come in in the second half of this year itself, maybe even within the next 3 months.
    Nope... not gonna happen. save this post's thread as a bookmark and we will talk on December 2009

No hard feelings. Peace !
    Eat, Pray and Love

Comment

Word to word

Hi Eco and old friend Nats,

Can u people explain to us the point to point as done by big bear.

Also add the dismal monsoon + Swine flu + deteriorating fiscal deficit scenario to ur explanations.

Even if u say we r out of woods, its back to Hindu rate of growth for some time. Nats once for all Pl say loud RE means LAND & LAND only for u. Does it include these exhorbitant Flats.

Comment

That would be an interesting talk!

Originally posted by m_square View Post
        Nope... not gonna happen. save this post's thread as a bookmark and we will talk on December 2009

m_square,

No problems at all. I know that things change every day on the ground and (based on my experience in the markets) positions also need to change to reflect changing scenarios. These scenarios can be short, medium or long term. So, I welcome this Dec 2009 talk since it will be a way for me to also take stock of how far I have been correct or wrong. Please remind me in case I forget!

Also, this post may seem a little rude to Economist. In case Economist took it as rude to him/her, my apologies. That was not my intent ...

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by m_square View Post

That was cute. However Wisey has the art of shaking of his head after a fall and telling that his moustache did not get muddy. (Kizhe vizhunthalum meesaile man ottale.) This guy has been predicting fall and only fall for one full year atleast since I entered this board and I assume for many more months earlier. He has been shown wrong but he continues to fart the same stuff. So in Dec 09 if you tell him market is up, he will tell it will fall in Dec 10 or Dec 11. He is the oonai of the famous oonai attukutti story that I already explained in another thread.
          Wisey is here to write bear, bear and bear or his hair will tear and his job in that BPO will disappear.
          Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sansei View Post

Also add the dismal monsoon + Swine flu + deteriorating fiscal deficit scenario to ur explanations.

Even if u say we r out of woods, its back to Hindu rate of growth for some time. Nats once for all Pl say loud RE means LAND & LAND only for u. Does it include these exhorbitant Flats.
            What is RE? Realestate! U cant build a house in thin air. U need space, land! Even if you build on sea you need sea space! In other words we are paying for the underlying portion of earth and that is the basis of RE. Now that underlying portion of earth remains much longer unless there is an earthquake or a tsunami or the place has other defects.
            Accessibility is another point. If you build a house in the sea and you can access it, it will be useful. Type of residents around is another aspect. Why is Mylapore costly? Honestly it is a slum, but it has got certain class of people who madly hold onto their property there. The politicians pamper that place.
            In summary the worth of land does not diminish under normal circumstances. The building though wears and tears and reduces value. If the construction is excellent then it will hold value for long. However most constructions in Madras are so hopeless that the painting will fall off after an year. Also the sea and its corrosive power affect the quality of building.
            In summary RE = Land + Building + Facilities.
            The latter two depreciate with time. The former and its derivative namely the connectivity, value of the place due to the folks around, etc tend to increase with time. So I am talking of Land.
            Also if you have a flat you are constrained from expansion. Land lets you expand vertically as air is not costed! Also you can change your building if you own the land exclusively so for generations it is useful. In flats the value is just usability today. Later you only own the value of the UDS of land.
            In summary I know what I am talking about. I am talking about the basics and the method of growth. You are talking about the educated uneducated who neither have the time,nor energy nor brain to evaluate and hence grab a flat based on marketing capability of seller and misinformation from all and sundry. So to them the price change of the derivative of land viz., flat is what they think means everything. So flat prices can oscillate more violently than land prices. Flats will depreciate to zero value if land component is zero in their content.
            I hope you got something into your head. Does this differ with Pune? Dont tell me they build flats in thin air in Pune!

Comment

This is exactly what I mean!!!

Originally posted by Natarajg007 View Post
              That was cute. However Wisey has the art of shaking of his head after a fall and telling that his moustache did not get muddy. (Kizhe vizhunthalum meesaile man ottale.) This guy has been predicting fall and only fall for one full year atleast since I entered this board and I assume for many more months earlier. He has been shown wrong but he continues to fart the same stuff. So in Dec 09 if you tell him market is up, he will tell it will fall in Dec 10 or Dec 11. He is the oonai of the famous oonai attukutti story that I already explained in another thread.
              Wisey is here to write bear, bear and bear or his hair will tear and his job in that BPO will disappear.
              Cheers.

Nats,

I just completed a response to you about your complaint of my mud slinging in my posts with reference to you.

As you (and everyone else) can see, just like a dog pisses at every post it sees without thinking, you also have to piss at every one of my posts irrespective of whether it makes sense or not, without rhyme or reason.

So, you see it fit to piss on a post that is merely a conversation between Economist, m_square and me and doesnt't involve you at all.

So, like the dog in the example, you will continue to piss on others in every post they make that doesn't suit your views and - since this is probably genetic and congenital in nature - you will always have many times that number of posts pissing right back at you (to put it in more graphic terms, for every one litre of "out"put, you will receive at least 4-5 litres of "in"put, drenching you in the bargain)!!! Your arrogance and conceit will mask you from the reality of where the root cause of your problem lies!!!

Go ahead and piss in response to this post and see the response!

cheers
              Last edited by wiseman; August 14 2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
                Nats,

I just completed a response to you about your complaint of my mud slinging in my posts with reference to you.

As you (and everyone else) can see, just like a dog pisses at every post it sees without thinking, you also have to piss at every one of my posts irrespective of whether it makes sense or not, without rhyme or reason.

So, you see it fit to piss on a post that is merely a conversation between Economist, m_square and me and doesnt't involve you at all.

So, like the dog in the example, you will continue to piss on others in every post they make that doesn't suit your views and - since this is probably genetic and congenital in nature - you will always have many times that number of posts pissing right back at you (to put it in more graphic terms, for every one litre of "out"put, you will receive at least 4-5 litres of "in"put, drenching you in the bargain)!!! Your arrogance and conceit will mask you from the reality of where the root cause of your problem lies!!!

Go ahead and piss in response to this post and see the response!

cheers
                Now you admitted to two things, that you are a dog and you piss at my posts. I for one tend to ignore stray dogs (theru nai).
                PS. I am praying that Kilpauk will get hold of their escapee! God save me from this lunatic who calls himself Wise.

Comment

There is an additional answer to you on flats in addition to the one I wrote before. I was searching for flats in Saligramam and I found prices ranging from 3800 to 11100. Now the 3800 to 4500 are old flats so coming to new flats it is around 5500-6500. Then how did one sell a 11100 flat. It is not as the bears state that 11K wont find buyers.
                  Obviously there is something about flats. The point is even if the quality is improved miles and bounds I dont understand how another 5K more for the building can be utilised. In other words many flat buyers are either US hype based creatures who as I said earlier know not what they are doing. So if some ten fools scream it is good, they will buy it and if 10 fools scream it is bad will dump it. As you see the bears here are doing a coterie game of confusing VALUES (not that they have a value!! LOL!).
                  So flats are to be bought for living, not for investment. If you need that quality of living then pay for it, if you can.
                  Land on the other hand is an asset. You can build a 11K psft building or a .9Kpsft building. Also you control your destiny. Hope it helps.

Comment

Result

Hi Nats i forgot to ADD proposed Tax code in the equation.

Ur methodology is like a literary professor long and winding.

What i gather is that u espouse land will appreciate so Buy

What i further gather : Don't buy Flat unless u value it and can afford it.

So the question r u bull on flats with rentals at 2.5 -3.5 % ROI of residential values against the accepted 5-7% ROI.

Comment

Hi Nats i forgot to ADD proposed Tax code in the equation.

Ur methodology is like a literary professor long and winding.

What i gather is that u espouse land will appreciate so Buy

What i further gather : Don't buy Flat unless u value it and can afford it.

So the question r u bull on flats with rentals at 2.5 -3.5 % ROI of residential values against the accepted 5-7% ROI.
                      I wont buy a flat unless I want to live in it. Hope this is not Professorial!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X