Hi, I need your suggestion. I booked 1 ground land in Thaiyur village, location is 1.8 km from Kelambakkam market road. Document wise it is good and verified the same with lawyer. Is it good place to Invest?, Is there any known problem around this area?. Please suggest.
Read more
46 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • We own a plot in VIP Nagar, Thaiyur since 2007. Appreciation here has been slow, but it is a long term investment, I do think that after Akshaya's project (Today? January?), Villa Green and Hira Urbania develop, this area will be in more demand and appreciation will be higher. Water quality is moderate to good and the area has good proximity to both OMR and V-K road.

One word of caution, and this is mostly hearsay, so take it for what its worth, but Survey number 90 (or 100) and above, there's apparently been some cases of forgery of the documents. I don't know much more details, but please get a solid legal opinion.

Hemasen, if you don't mind could you share some details regarding price in this area please?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hemasen
    Hi, I need your suggestion. I booked 1 ground land in Thaiyur village, location is 1.8 km from Kelambakkam market road. Document wise it is good and verified the same with lawyer. Is it good place to Invest?, Is there any known problem around this area?. Please suggest.

If you don't mind please share the price details.

I am interested to know the current price in Kelambakkam area.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, the price they are quoting around 1025/- per sq.ft. My survey no. comes at 117/5A. Legal wise it looks fine. For how much did you bought at V.I.P nagar?

Another reason of buying is as you said, I see lot of apparments from siruseri to Thiruporur. I believe there should be a potential development. The layout which I booked is Panchayat approved layout. It is coming under Thaiyur A. Currently Thaiyur B is classified as residential and Thaiyur A is agri and I see they started to put layouts in Thaiyur A.

I also heared about some satillite city in Thaiyur which they anounced at 2003 and later it was cancelled. Any Idea on that?
    CommentQuote
  • Thank You. We bought it for Rs. 600/sqft in late 2007.
    CommentQuote
  • V.I.P nagar is D.T.C.P or Panchayat approved?. Is there any additional check I need to do for panchayat approved?.

Any Idea on satillite city at thaiyur?
    CommentQuote
  • No idea about the satellite city, this is the first I'm hearing about it, unless you're talking about the Japanese Township coming up further down past Tiruporur.

I believe VIP nagar is DTCP approved, and we were hearing that price is between 1000 and 1050 sqft there, although this is word of mouth as the entire layout is investor owned, no end-users yet.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SmartCard
    No idea about the satellite city, this is the first I'm hearing about it, unless you're talking about the Japanese Township coming up further down past Tiruporur.

I believe VIP nagar is DTCP approved, and we were hearing that price is between 1000 and 1050 sqft there, although this is word of mouth as the entire layout is investor owned, no end-users yet.

Amma proposed a massive satellite City around Thiruporur couple of months ago.

She did one proposal in her last term aswell that never took off.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SmartCard
    No idea about the satellite city, this is the first I'm hearing about it, unless you're talking about the Japanese Township coming up further down past Tiruporur.

I see many houses are started constructed and good development near to VIP nagar, I see many new houses build near to VIP nagar, but no houses are built inside VIP nagar, I am not sure about it. May be everyone had invested for investment purpose..

I too heared about Japanese township near to thiruporur.. Since the plot is Panchayat approved, I was little bit nervous to buy, but document wise it looks good and checked the same with lawyer. What are all the other checks I need to do apart from checking the documents with lawyer??. I am planning to put EC upto current date on my own, even though buyer gave me the copy of the EC for 25 years. Any other checks I need to do to before doing registration?? your suggestions will be great help.
    CommentQuote
  • Plots at Thaiyur in Kelambakkam

Originally Posted by SmartCard

VIP nagar is a panchayat approved layout.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982

Thaiyur on the WHOLE has very very few dtcp approved
    krishna nagar and most south kelambakkam layouts are all PANCHAYAT
    Buyer beware
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks, I stand corrected. My parents bought the plot, and they have no clue what approval it had. :)

Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    CommentQuote
  • Vinayaka Nagar Layout

I had bought 1 ground in the Vinayaka Nagar layout (about 1 KM from Jothi Nagar) in Kelambakkam last year. It is Panchayat approved. There is a proposed road near to the layout that will connect Kelambakkam and Kovalam.

I had been to the layout few weeks before, but there is no improvement - be it building new houses or any activity w.r.t the new road.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pmronline
    I had bought 1 ground in the Vinayaka Nagar layout (about 1 KM from Jothi Nagar) in Kelambakkam last year. It is Panchayat approved. There is a proposed road near to the layout that will connect Kelambakkam and Kovalam.

I had been to the layout few weeks before, but there is no improvement - be it building new houses or any activity w.r.t the new road.

Hi, Before buying this panchayat approved.. what are all the checks I need to do from my side apart from document checks from a lawyer. I am planning to take EC for 25 years. Any other checks I need to do??.

Did you hear anything on satillite city in Thaiyur when you booked the layout??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hemasen
    Hi, Before buying this panchayat approved.. what are all the checks I need to do from my side apart from document checks from a lawyer. I am planning to take EC for 25 years. Any other checks I need to do??.

Did you hear anything on satillite city in Thaiyur when you booked the layout??

Here are my 2 cents:

1. Get EC up to 35 years (apply for manual EC for the older years)
    2. Check the existing patta (online)
    3. Physically go and check the land. If there are any near by houses, get the right intelligence w.r.t any acquisition plan/other issues
    4. Check with the right govt authority reg. any acquisition plans
    5. If POA scenario, ensure that the real owner is alive before registration
    6. Get the documents verified by a good lawyer
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pmronline
    Here are my 2 cents:

1. Get EC up to 35 years (apply for manual EC for the older years)
    2. Check the existing patta (online)
    3. Physically go and check the land. If there are any near by houses, get the right intelligence w.r.t any acquisition plan/other issues
    4. Check with the right govt authority reg. any acquisition plans
    5. If POA scenario, ensure that the real owner is alive before registration
    6. Get the documents verified by a good lawyer

To add if there is POA involved GO TO the physical address of the power issuer and verify the validity of the individual ( i busted a fake forgery transaction doing this recently i had to travel to bangalore to bust this and there was a famous IPS officer in back ground of this deal - one member quoted the name in this forum)

Next - go the SRO, talk to the VAO, meet the panchayat thalaivar get full intelligence behind the property if you need pay up do it
    its worth spending an 1-2k for this
    Get a lawyer who is a pro in panchayat land verification
    learn to read the EC throughly and do research on the grantor /grantee
    CommentQuote