All -

I was surprised to see in Wikimapia - the Eastern By-Pass Road(I couldnt see the road in reality though). Heard that the construction of the road has started and they will be laying the road with a median from Camp Road Junction to Mappedu very soon. This road shown in wikimapia(if correct) looks very nicely positioned and IMO could become a good area for development. Heard that land acquisition is complete too(Got this info from shopkeepers in Mappedu). I saw a few wells with water at a very high level. Many flats are coming up. I understand that there is the Indian Airforce Base nearby. FSI could be low. Not sure how much it is. May I ask your opinion on buying a piece of land or flats in this area especially in Mappedu or near Bharath Engg College.. What attracts me more is that most areas come under CMDA in this belt.

Ruby Builders, Aegus Residency, etc are On the EBP Road constructions I think so far..

Comments appreciated.. Thank you.
Read more
55 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by chennaidream
    All -

I was surprised to see in Wikimapia - the Eastern By-Pass Road(I couldnt see the road in reality though). Heard that the construction of the road has started and they will be laying the road with a median from Camp Road Junction to Mappedu very soon. This road shown in wikimapia(if correct) looks very nicely positioned and IMO could become a good area for development. Heard that land acquisition is complete too(Got this info from shopkeepers in Mappedu). I saw a few wells with water at a very high level. Many flats are coming up. I understand that there is the Indian Airforce Base nearby. FSI could be low. Not sure how much it is. May I ask your opinion on buying a piece of land or flats in this area especially in Mappedu or near Bharath Engg College..

Ruby Builders, Aegus Residency, etc are On the EBP Road constructions I think so far..

Comments appreciated.. Thank you.

RUBY SELAYUR is the best choice in this area adn then TVS project / emerald hills
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SRajagopalan
    RUBY SELAYUR is the best choice in this area adn then TVS project / emerald hills

How about Mappedu? It looks like its the center of both Junctions - Perungulattur and Rajakilpakkam. Is it better to buy a piece of land which is CMDA approved in Mappedu or flats in Ruby or any other builder? There are many small time builders who have constructed many flats in Mappedu... Looks pretty affordable too. Available from 3000psqft to 3500psqft.
    CommentQuote
  • Can someone please suggest if investment in Mappedu in the eastern bypass road worth it? Any disadvantages in this area? Do we have good hospitals in this locality?
    Thanks for your time.
    CommentQuote
  • can you the port link to bypass Road map in wikiMap ? I am also looking for plots in and around mappedu. Which area are you looking at. Depends on the location in Mappedu '
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by divith
    can you the port link to bypass Road map in wikiMap ? I am also looking for plots in and around mappedu. Which area are you looking at. Depends on the location in Mappedu '

Near Lydia School....
    CommentQuote
  • With the announcement of the inter-city bus terminal in Vandalur, which is just 8 KMs from Mappedu Junction, I think even the residential space in the Eastern-Bypass road will also be benefited.

Airport - 14KM
    Tambaram Railway Station - 7KM
    Perungulattur Bus Stand - 4KM
    Tambaram Velachery Road - 4KM
    Proposed Mono Rail access - 4KM

Land rates are pretty decent when compared to OMR.

Any comments?
    CommentQuote
  • Eastern By Pass Road - Potential

Originally Posted by chennaidream
    With the announcement of the inter-city bus terminal in Vandalur, which is just 8 KMs from Mappedu Junction, I think even the residential space in the Eastern-Bypass road will also be benefited.

Airport - 14KM
    Tambaram Railway Station - 7KM
    Perungulattur Bus Stand - 4KM
    Tambaram Velachery Road - 4KM
    Proposed Mono Rail access - 4KM

Land rates are pretty decent when compared to OMR.

Any comments?

Not just Mappedu, all the regions surrounding the terminal should have ripple effect as new bus routes will be introduced and current route frequency will also be gradually increased. Overall MTC service in surroundings will see a big boost.

Not just Mappedu, all the regions surrounding the terminal should have ripple effect as new bus routes will be introduced and current route frequency will also be gradually increased. Overall MTC service in surroundings will see a big boost.
    CommentQuote
  • I think the bus terminal is just in proposal like three other places, not sure it will be in vandalur.

Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rockeyireb
    I think the bus terminal is just in proposal like three other places, not sure it will be in vandalur.

Yes, We are aware of that, its just an optimistic discussion.
    CommentQuote
  • In the CMDA City map, I see the Eastern bypass road extending from Medavakkam until OMR. Is this a new road which has been approved? If yes, is it part of the construction that is going on now near perungulattur?

Appreciate your comments. Thank you.
    CommentQuote
  • Eastern By Pass Road - Potential

Originally Posted by chennaidream
    In the CMDA City map, I see the Eastern bypass road extending from Medavakkam until OMR. Is this a new road which has been approved? If yes, is it part of the construction that is going on now near perungulattur?

Appreciate your comments. Thank you.

That is a new proposed road and I guess might be the last arm of ORR (but only 200 feet)and different from Eastern tambaram bypass road. There is no info on when this road will be laid.

That is a new proposed road and I guess might be the last arm of ORR (but only 200 feet)and different from Eastern tambaram bypass road. There is no info on when this road will be laid.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cruise_1982
    Yes, We are aware of that, its just an optimistic discussion.

hahhahaa man our bias is really at all time high
    the odds are only 33% :)
    CommentQuote
  • Easternbypass prospects

With SSM getting CMDA approval and beginning construction and newer layouts popping up in this corridor do we think there is an investment opportunity near SSM
    Emerald hills - is this going to get connectivity to eastern bypass
    has any one heard of this layout any website ?

Hyagreev Housing,CMDA approved residential plots from MAG Promoters
    CommentQuote
  • Hi everyone, I am planning to buy a 1800 sqft plot in Mappedu for 65L. Is the price right for this area? I personally visited the place. Its CMDA Approved. 30 Years EC is available. Only patta is not available yet. Is that a problem? Is it a good deal? May i please request you to share your expert opinion to help me finalize the deal. Thank you.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chennaidream
    Hi everyone, I am planning to buy a 1800 sqft plot in Mappedu for 65L. Is the price right for this area? I personally visited the place. Its CMDA Approved. 30 Years EC is available. Only patta is not available yet. Is that a problem? Is it a good deal? May i please request you to share your expert opinion to help me finalize the deal. Thank you.

Price in a god damn remote place like Mappedu is 86.66 Lakhs a ground?
    CommentQuote