Last updated: March 11 2013
7 | Posts
3124 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMDA Vs DTPC- Chennai

Hello ALL,

What are the advantages or disadvantages between CMDA and DTPC plots..
    My experience found that CMDA is little expensive than DTPC plots in the same area/locality...
    ANy comments?

Re : CMDA Vs DTPC- Chennai

CMDA Vs DTPC

Originally posted by Gootelal View Post
    Hello ALL,

What are the advantages or disadvantages between CMDA and DTPC plots..
    My experience found that CMDA is little expensive than DTPC plots in the same area/locality...
    ANy comments?
    A plot can come under either CMDA or DTCP and not both,it's a matter of jurisdiction and there is not much difference when it comes to a simple layout. lot of places that were under DTCP is now under CMDA after city expansion and i guess that what you are referring to.CMDA plots will be the most recent and hence expensive than the DTCP ones. CMDA is better funded and might obviously have a more detailed blueprint for future than DTCP.

Comment

CMDA approves layouts within CMA limit (not corporation limit, Eg Pammal).

DTCP approved layouts all over TN outside of CMDA limits.

CMDA plots are generally costlier due to simple reason that they are closer to city, but not always the case. For example a plot in Kathivakkam will be cheaper than one in Kelambakkam.

Layouts approved by CMDA recently can be cross checked in CMDA website. No such provision is provided by DTCP.

DTCP and LPA master plan are mostly carbon copies of CMDA master plan, so there are no differences in development control rules.

Within same area, there should be no difference in cost between CMDA and DTCP approved plots except that CMDA approved ones are newer so obviously will be priced higher as it is either directly sold by layout promoter or sold by someone who bought recently from a layout promoter for inflated price. There is no justification for anyone to charge higher for CMDA approved plots.

Comment

i also saw LP number in one plot ad and also DDTCP. What are these. Are they valid?

Comment

Yes, LPA/DDTP approved plots are approved before DTCP was formed in 1974. These are very much a valid approval. Infact any unapproved layouts formed before 1987 are considered approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Love4land View Post
            CMDA approves layouts within CMA limit (not corporation limit, Eg Pammal).

L4L
            you may want to mention about the CMDA PP process which is what is used by most of the new layout developers who finds it a way to advt properties as CMDA approved even though they are far and away from CMA limit

Planning Permission

Planning Permission Approval Details

Comment

Yes, approval=PP.

CMDA issues PP for areas under their jurisdiction and LPA or DTCP issues PP for areas under their jurisdictions. The DCR is almost same for both cases.

http://www.tn.gov.in/dtcp/faq.htm

However developers just use the term CMDA approved even to DTCP approved plots because most people don't know what DTCP is.

I hope I understood your post correctly.

Comment

DDTCP means Deputy Director of Town & Country Planning; Each region of Local Planning region has Deputy Director and holds the rights to approve layout up to 10 acres of land and 25000 sq.ft of building; Refer above give FAQ link for more details.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X