I have purchased a flat Pallikaranai . The promised delivery date is: March 2009 + grace of 3 months. Now the builders have given us a new date of December 2009 - but site visit shows that not even 25% of construction is complete. After lot of arguments , builders agreed to pay compensation Rs 5/- per sq feet per month, but I have not seen any money so far. What should I do ? Please advice.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Ready to slog

If u r ready to fight , first give notice then

Go to consumer court , it is faster in disposal

Go to civil court and seek penalties

Go to criminal court seek legal notice and fraud proceeding for misleading promises.

If none then, form a resident group and make news : bad publicity
    CommentQuote
  • Good advice Sansei
    CommentQuote
  • I am awaiting VGN's la parisienne chennai flat handover for more than year ( booking date - Jul 2007)..But VGN have agree a pay compensation Rs 4/- per sq feet per month and which comes only Rs 4000 plus for me and I am paying over 30K interest to bank.Only last month we have the CMDA approval and current staus is awaitng EB connections..Please read / analyze the history of builders before investing.

Originally Posted by Vidarora
    I have purchased a flat Pallikaranai . The promised delivery date is: March 2009 + grace of 3 months. Now the builders have given us a new date of December 2009 - but site visit shows that not even 25% of construction is complete. After lot of arguments , builders agreed to pay compensation Rs 5/- per sq feet per month, but I have not seen any money so far. What should I do ? Please advice.
    CommentQuote
  • I am awaiting VGN's la parisienne chennai flat handover for more than year ( booking date - Jul 2007)..But VGN have agree a pay compensation Rs 4/- per sq feet per month and which comes only Rs 4000 plus for me and I am paying over 30K interest to bank.Only last month we have the CMDA approval and cureent staus is awaitng EB connections..Please read / analyze the history of builders before investing.

Originally Posted by Vidarora
    CommentQuote
  • Thankyou for the replies. I will update this thread with progress.
    CommentQuote