Last updated: September 17 2009
5 | Posts
3148 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting advice on FSI and road width

Experts I need you advice.

I have an opportunity to purchase approved vacant block and I have two blocks to choose from:

• One is 2 ground (4890Sqft) on 80ft road
    • Second one is just under 2 grounds (4650 Sqft) on 60 ft road.

Both are not corner block.

The final price of 60 ft road block is about 10% cheaper (per sq Ft) than the 80ft road block.

Both blocks has 60 feet wide frontage.

Please advice on:

• Is there any advantage on FSI in an 80 ft road block than a 60 Ft road block?

• What would you choose in my situation?

Please note:

The 80 feet road has few near by to other blocks zoned for commercial/Office, The 60 ft road is all residential only.

Please assume that the addition 10% is affordable, the question is does the additional money worth it to be located on 80 ft rather than 60ft.

Please provide your valid advice.

Re : Requesting advice on FSI and road width

Originally posted by Economist View Post

I have an opportunity to purchase approved vacant block and I have two blocks to choose from:

The final price of 60 ft road block is about 10% cheaper (per sq Ft) than the 80ft road block.

Please advice on:

Please note:

The 80 feet road has few near by to other blocks zoned for commercial/Office, The 60 ft road is all residential only.

Please assume that the addition 10% is affordable, the question is does the additional money worth it to be located on 80 ft rather than 60ft.

Hi Economist,

First I should congratulate you for your choice of property.Very tasteful.Both seem equally attractive and worthy.

you have not metioned what you intend to do with the land in future.I am presuming you would want to know which would give you higher returns in the future.

60 feet road plot - ideal for building house for self use or flats as joint ventures.

80 feet road plot - ideal for multi storeyed buildings, commercial or mixed residential.

In my opinion,for investment a plot on a wider road should always be the preference.FSI allowed is more, and more chances to get the premium FSI and special buildings approval.

Refer the following link to know the FSI rules applicable

Comment

Originally posted by Economist View Post

Please advice on:

Please note:

no diff in FSI for both the blocks in question.

The 80 feet road has few near by to other blocks zoned for commercial/Office

are saying it is a commercial zone or is near commercial zone.

but even in residential zone many commercial activities are permitted.

Comment

Thanks for your advice ="http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/../members/nabishek-6146.html"]nabishek[/URL] and abk.
        • Most of the large residential blocks (Ie: 2Grounds and over) are located on the 80 ft road.
        • All the blocks zoned (allocated) by the developer for commercial, office, shops are in excess of 8 ground are all located on the same 80 ft road.

I do not have any specific intention (to build house or apartment) at this stage.
        Given the small 2G size of the block, I don’t think I can use if for large office space.

A small apartment complex with some commercial office/shop front at ground level would be great outcome (few years down the track)

As Abk said I don’t think there are any set rules for additional FSI for blocks on 80 ft rd.

As ="http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/../members/nabishek-6146.html"]nabishek[/URL] said It may be likely to convince/request the authorities to grant additional FSI as the road is wider and in the proximity of large blocks allocated for commercial/office use.

I am kind of inclined towards the 80ft road plot (assuming future potential)

Comment

Any more recommendation guys, I am looking for your input.I know there are lot of informed people in the forum.

Comment

Dude close your eyes and buy on 80 ft road,This chance is rare and not every one get it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X