Is 5500/sf rate ok in Thoraipakkam behind Fortune Hotel around 200 mts from OMR? The 3 bhk property is being constructed and ready to occupy late this year. I am not sure if this is worth buying at this rate. Could someone help me out here?
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • The rate is OK for the area, provided it is a good builder and good project.

Is it in Bala Murugan Gardens?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mahtog
    Is 5500/sf rate ok in Thoraipakkam behind Fortune Hotel around 200 mts from OMR? The 3 bhk property is being constructed and ready to occupy late this year. I am not sure if this is worth buying at this rate. Could someone help me out here?

The present rate in Thoraipakkam is 6000 and above on OMR and 5500 to 5750 off OMR.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Economist and Lovebirds43k. The flat is close to balamurugan gardens st, though not exactly on it.

I forgot to mention that this rate of 5500/sf is to calculate only the basic cost of the flat. Car park, gym, water, registration, s.tax etc charges are separate which account for another 15% over the basic cost of the flat. Area is 1300 sf, 3 bhk, fourth floor (top as well) and total all inclusive cost is 82 lac. No fancy amenities are provided other than a basic gym, common hall and cc parking.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mahtog
    Thanks Economist and Lovebirds43k. The flat is close to balamurugan gardens st, though not exactly on it.

I forgot to mention that this rate of 5500/sf is to calculate only the basic cost of the flat. Car park, gym, water, registration, s.tax etc charges are separate which account for another 15% over the basic cost of the flat. Area is 1300 sf, 3 bhk, fourth floor (top as well) and total all inclusive cost is 82 lac. No fancy amenities are provided other than a basic gym, common hall and cc parking.

Yes, The price looks about standard for the area for that kind of project.
    CommentQuote
  • If the project is finished and everything is in place, you can give Rs 4500-5000 for sure (including everything)....Not sure whether UDS, Aminities,approach, water level etc...

You need to do more ground work before closing on the price. If you are already satisfied, then if the property is ready...you need to look at your payment options alone.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Ramchi.
    The project is expected to finish by Oct, 2013. UDS is 653 sqf and the apartment's area is 1300 sq ft. No fancy amenities; only a small gym and common hall. 200 mts from OMR on a well built road.
    CommentQuote
  • around 6k including everything with only basic gym, the project rate is on the higher side. I hope the project is from the mid size builder trying to match with the ongoing price main road big projects.

Originally Posted by Mahtog
    Thanks Economist and Lovebirds43k. The flat is close to balamurugan gardens st, though not exactly on it.

CommentQuote
  • Price seems bit high for a simple apartment without swimming pool or clubhouse facilities. I saw ad today in property plus for Arihant, Thoraipakkam. Seller is asking 74 lacs for 1367 sq ft 3BHK apartment. Rate works out to be less than 5500 psf. I'm sure it can be brought down even further.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Love4land
    Price seems bit high for a simple apartment without swimming pool or clubhouse facilities. I saw ad today in property plus for Arihant, Thoraipakkam. Seller is asking 74 lacs for 1367 sq ft 3BHK apartment. Rate works out to be less than 5500 psf. I'm sure it can be brought down even further.

Is this the 5 year old Arihant Escapade?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes it is 4-5 yrs old and not without any delivery issues.
    CommentQuote
  • friends

any opnion on this villa porject?

Ankur Constructions INC

Ankur Constructions The Nook will offer 21 luxury villas, coming up on ground + 2 floors,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Arunag
    friends

any opnion on this villa porject?

Ankur Constructions INC

Ankur Constructions The Nook will offer 21 luxury villas, coming up on ground + 2 floors,

It is not villa. Actually it is a row house type. Kitchen is in the first floor. Lift is in each flat. Every time you have to go from one floor to another. Small land area and that is why 3 floors
    CommentQuote
  • Hi can anyone pls provide comments about AR Estates and their site in thoraipakkam AR Samriddhi
    CommentQuote
  • If u can rent it for ₹18 per sqft it good buy I hedge my buy on atleast 4% rental yield so if 5.5k is cost per sqft
    CommentQuote