Does anyone have update on the TNHB land acquistation in & surrounding of pallavaram and Keelkattalai.

The peoples living in that area are waiting for the TNHB besant nagar division to give a NOC/clearance for last 23yrs, still no clear response from TNHB.

People there will not be able to register or build with cmda approval on survey no's listed in the land acquistion by TNHB.

Pitty part the registars/housing board are not going forward with registration since 2010 only.

The entire surrounding had been filled with new flats selling at 4600/- sqft and people had already started dwelling on these survey numbers..

Let me know if any one knows about or any progress on this regards.
Read more
19 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by carthykn
    Does anyone have update on the TNHB land acquistation in & surrounding of pallavaram and Keelkattalai.

The peoples living in that area are waiting for the TNHB besant nagar division to give a NOC/clearance for last 23yrs, still no clear response from TNHB.

TNHB had acquired those lands few decades ago.

Court award was passed in favour of TNHB in 91.

TNHB did not implement any scheme in that area and just sat ideal and watched encroachers buy, resell and build over 2 decades.

Suddenly in 2005 they woke up and ordered register office not to register any transaction on thir acquired land.

The people agitated, TNHB thought it will be difficult to clear the land and there could be another prolonged litigation with multiple parties.

Even though there is Supreme court direction in place stating that "government cannot be compelled to reconvey the land acquired for public purpose to its original owner and it can utilise the land for any other public purpose." On TNHB Ambathur TNHB scheme aquasition case.

Still last year TNHB passed a resolution to sell (reconvey) for a price the keelkatalai land back to the encrochred people for a price and regularise the matter.

It gave the price and deadline for the occupants to pay the money.

People who paid up should have got the title and NOC.
    CommentQuote
  • Will i able to get NOC on approcahing the housing board.

Thanks for the reply , I was not aware of it. I own a land in that area and Will I be able to get the NOC on approaching the TNHB besant nagar.

you have any idea on approximate cost involved sir.
    CommentQuote
    Thanks for the reply , I was not aware of it. I own a land in that area and Will I be able to get the NOC on approaching the TNHB besant nagar.

you have any idea on approximate cost involved sir.

If your land was part of the acquired land that has been approved for reconvey than you will have to approach TNHB and re-purchase the land ( I heard the amount is few lakhs)

If you land was never part of the acquired land, you should be able to get NOC with no cost.
    CommentQuote
  • I am going to TNHB ..

Went to TNHB Besant nagar, they directed to TNHB Nandanam as they are dealing with Land Aacquistion of this area.. will update the status shortly on their feedback.
    CommentQuote
  • TNHB official asked to wait for the Govt order.

Hi Economist, I had meet the AS of the TNHB Nandanam. Govt is going to pass a resolution to regularize the surroundings by paying a particular amount (6lkh). Still the officials are waiting for the resolution to be passed, no proceeding on this regard as of now. They are ready to take the NOC request but not sure about the timelines when they will be able to provide the NOC.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Economist, I had meet the AS of the TNHB Nandanam. Govt is going to pass a resolution to regularize the surroundings by paying a particular amount (6lkh). Still the officials are waiting for the resolution to be passed, no proceeding on this regard as of now. They are ready to take the NOC request but not sure about the timelines when they will be able to provide the NOC.

I was told 6 months back that the resolution was passed by TNHB.

May be they are still waiting for GO gazett assent from The goverment.

Is your land part of the survey no that was acquired ?
    CommentQuote
  • seems GO is still not executed.

Yes, My land is part of the survey-no listed in Land acquistion :(
    CommentQuote
  • You can check for HUD related GOs issued here:

Government of Tamil Nadu - Documents
    CommentQuote
  • Land acquisation by TNHB

Hi,

I can't find any subject in this link, please provide updated link. Thanks all of you updating the status.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

I am planning to buy a 2 /3 BHK house and I came across MF ORCHID Flats in keelkattalai constructed by MFPL. Does anyone have prior buying experience with this builder ? he is quoting 5200 psf, is it worth ? quality of construction ?

Just came to know about some land acquisition from this thread. Is this project affected by acquisitions ? Please share your commets.
    CommentQuote
  • 5200 psf, is it worth ? - Navin has done its part by jacking up the prices of this area in a short span. All projects getting launched have benchmarked Navin Shristi rate. Even though IMO it is on higher side but unfortunately that is the price the area is heading to.

But location wise it is near by pallavaram- thoraipakkam radial link road with easy access to both GST and OMR. The location is pretty matured with almost all shops in visibility between Kelakatalai and Mount.

This is not affected by acquisitions, ASI etc. Not sure of quality and builder reputation. But If I am not wrong the project previous phases are in final stages of completion. You can go directly and check.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, 5200 looks steep. Hope they can negotiate.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kmullai
    Yes, 5200 looks steep. Hope they can negotiate.

I guess this is the one after keelkattai bustand, after a checkpost, almost a Km from the the Main road.

Just wanted to highlight that the project is not gated and anyone can enter the premises. All the individual blocks are like separate buildings. They might have already told u this, but wanted to explicit mention this.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Vettipayan,

Is there any other good project around Madipakkam/Keelkatalai for < 5000 psf. I know I can't get any gated community but I am fine to go with reliable small builders.
    CommentQuote
  • You can find builder floor apartments in madipakkam close to velachery for around 4500/- per sq ft. Madipakkam as such is a very low lying area so I would advise to stay close to madipakkam main road. Ram Nagar North is better than south but as I said dont cross 200 meters from the main road on either side.

There are lot of builder floor apartment in madipakkam few prominent ones who have done decent work are Spik and Span, Shelters, Jey yes builders.
    CommentQuote