CMDA Approval

Last updated: February 7 2010
4 | Posts
4650 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMDA Approval

We have got a flat (Registered in Feb' 2008) very recently and moved into the same few months back, now we get to know that CMDA has not approved and our builder is meeting the legal concern, what could be way forward and may we get the approval now. The flat houses nearly 48 houses.
    Please advise

Re : CMDA Approval

without CMDA approval

construction of a flat without CMDA approval is illegal and hence the Plan itself is not a approved one and only amounts to a flagrant violation of construction rules. I am not clear what is the legal concern you are referring to.

Comment

Dear AdvocateChennai,
      My friend's house has got a portion built ( an extension to the existing approved portion) which is not in the original and approved plan. Is it possible to get approval for this extension ? If yes , what is the way to approach ? If not , what is the solution.
      the property in question is Thiruvottiyur , outskirts of Chennai. Please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Meerabarath View Post
        We have got a flat (Registered in Feb' 2008) very recently and moved into the same few months back, now we get to know that CMDA has not approved and our builder is meeting the legal concern, what could be way forward and may we get the approval now. The flat houses nearly 48 houses.
        Please advise

when was this built and have all the 48 bought with cash as no approval means no loan.did you buy this flat from builder as first buyer or resale.

did you not check the papers when you bought it.the regularisation is not possiblle now as the courts have even stopped the scheme of 99 .
        you can only bribe the officers for not taking action against you.
        and pray to god nobody files a petition with CMDA against this building.

Comment

Is really approval a must in Chennai? In practice I think it just does not matter. As a matter of fact most lands (forget flats) are peramboke and if not are unapproved in many stretches of chennai. So this approval concern arising in different threads in this forum is interesting to me. I have seen that while I hold approved land, yet someone will give me a quote of a worthless unapproved property in that area and worse still those properties TOO SELL VERY WELL.
          Anyway all the best to approvals.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
          Working...
          X