Re-sale value based on builder

Last updated: September 22 2009
2 | Posts
826 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-sale value based on builder

There is a big difference in price of an apartment in the same area, depending on the builder. For example difference between a builder like RAMS and Maruthi in same area is more than 1000 Rs/- per square feet

If you want to buy the house for yourself, it is good to buy from a reputed builder. My question is if you were to rent out or buy house for long term investment, does the return also vary based on the builder

In the same locality does a flat sell for more, if it is from a reputed builder 5 years down the line. Or is this decided primarily by price of ground

So if I pay 1000Rs more per square feet, I may end up getting only 200 Rs more per sqaure feet down the line comapred to cheaper builder

Please provide your thoughts with any specific examples or your experience. I don't have any specific area in mind, but see the price difference in areas like Madipakkam, Velachery, Nanganallur, Palavanthangal, Thoraipakkam, Perungudi etc

Re : Re-sale value based on builder

[quote=itssundarji;35870]There is a big difference in price of an apartment in the same area, depending on the builder. For example difference between a builder like RAMS and Maruthi in same area is more than 1000 Rs/- per square feet

If you want to buy the house for yourself, it is good to buy from a reputed builder. My question is if you were to rent out or buy house for long term investment, does the return also vary based on the builder

In the same locality does a flat sell for more, if it is from a reputed builder 5 years down the line. Or is this decided primarily by price of ground

So if I pay 1000Rs more per square feet, I may end up getting only 200 Rs more per sqaure feet down the line comapred to cheaper builder

Dear friend,

The resale value as also rental income also depends on the builder in the same area/locality. A good builder built project command better price and rent. Example is the case of Alacrity who is not operative now, but their projects command much better resale value and rental income.

Comment

Re : Re-sale value based on builder

For resale of flats, I'm sure reputation of the builders matters; belief is that reputed builders will be quality concious to keep their reputation on.

Whereas for rentals I think what matters is the locality, features/plan, and ambience. Builder name may make a difference but not significantly for rental.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X