Suggestions - Velachery, Vijaya Nagar, Chennai

Last updated: October 21 2017
41 | Posts
8228 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions - Velachery, Vijaya Nagar, Chennai

Hey guys, we are planning to buy a flat in vijaya nagar. What is the prevailing rates per sqft in the vijaya nagar, velachery? Also, is vijaya nagar a good place interms of investment and what can we expect the sqft rate to go up to ultimately before it levels off? I am getting quotes of 8000 rupees per square feet for a third floor flat for around 1400 sqft, is it a resonable price? Also, what is condition with low quality ground water as well as water logging in vijaya nagar? Also, is at a good area to live for NRI in terms off all facility and quality of life? Ultimately, any other things I should be aware of before buying there?

Any advise and information is highly appreciated. Have a nice day

Re : Suggestions - Velachery, Vijaya Nagar, Chennai

It is a fairly good place, very close to Busstop and MRTS makes it crowded though. Near Madipakkam side there is some water logging.

But I will prefer places like Dhandeswarm Nagar kind of areas which is just 5 to 7 minutes from Vijaya nagar junction but peaceful and quite upscale looking.

Comment

I heard vijaya nagar is a posh area, is it as nice and upscale looking Chennai Desi and what about the aspect of appreciation in that area? and lastly is 8000 rupees sqft justified for a 3bhk flat? Thanks in advance

Comment

My personal opinion 8000 for a fairly new apartments(less than 5 years) looks good, but please do your own research based on latest comparables. It still has some more appreciation left when monorail comes up or if flyover is done.

Comment

Originally posted by naan kadavul View Post
          I heard vijaya nagar is a posh area, is it as nice and upscale looking Chennai Desi and what about the aspect of appreciation in that area? and lastly is 8000 rupees sqft justified for a 3bhk flat? Thanks in advance
          My parents live in vijayanagar.As far as i know the Areas along the Vijayanagar mains roads all look fine with big houses/apartments. But the area is pretty busy and there is always lot of traffic i.e people going to Adambakkam/mgr nagar go through vijaya nagar 1st main road. As chennaidesi mentioned areas behind tansi nagar/dhaneswaram nagar might be somewhat quiter as couple of streets of tansi nagar is just dead end.

Comment

New or Resale how far is the flat from vijaynagar bustand,

The area is beatiful ared but as per you doubt there is water problem which is adjustable by buying water from private.

Comment

Thanks guys

Originally posted by bala_animation View Post
              New or Resale how far is the flat from vijaynagar bustand,

The area is beatiful ared but as per you doubt there is water problem which is adjustable by buying water from private.
              It's new flat and is on 6th main road roughly 500 meters from velachery taramani main road, any other thoughts?

Comment

Thanks guys
                It's new flat and is on 6th main road roughly 500 meters from velachery taramani main road, any other thoughts?
                Is this a flat by Lakshmi builders. When i was in india in jan i saw some new apartments being constructed right around the area you are mentioning. That area is pretty good with lot of individual houses and also apartments.

Comment

Originally posted by ssanthan View Post
                  Is this a flat by Lakshmi builders. When i was in india in jan i saw some new apartments being constructed right around the area you are mentioning. That area is pretty good with lot of individual houses and also apartments.
                  Yep, its the flats by Lakshmi Builders. You seem to know a lot about this area, are you buying from them? If so whats your opinion about lakshmi builders and any experience with them?

Comment

Yep, its the flats by Lakshmi Builders. You seem to know a lot about this area, are you buying from them? If so whats your opinion about lakshmi builders and any experience with them?
                    No i am not purchasing from them nor have i looked at apts in that area. So i cannot comment on the price/quality. I just know the area as i grew up there when i was young. The place where this building is coming up used to be a playground and i have memories playing there when i was young. I was surprised to see it getting transformed into flats. Looks like the builder has somehow purchased it and building flats there. Area wise it is pretty good with good locality and you can come to the vijaya nagar junction/MRTS/new mall all within 500mts-1km.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X