Hi All,

Does anyone know the rates for a ground (2400 sqft) at Sithalapakkam near Medavakkam? Specifically near Sunflower Oil company and close to housing board.

I know other areas near OMR went down 25-30% from 2007, does this applicable to this area?

Is there a water clogging issue in this area?

Thanks in advance.
Read more
28 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Guys I am considering Tamil Nadu Housing board plot 1G on 40 ft road.

The lay out is well laid with all connections and wide roads as it is TNHB development. Docs are expected to be clear as it sale deed alloted by the board.

the advertised price is 35L my Brother in law says he can bargain and bring down to 30L

I am not very familiar with Sithalapakkam.

I knew the water is great and it is close to couple of big developments like bollenihills, DLF and proposed Fin city.

Please advice about that area and this Layout.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Economist
    Guys I am considering Tamil Nadu Housing board plot 1G on 40 ft road.

The lay out is well laid with all connections and wide roads as it is TNHB development. Docs are expected to be clear as it sale deed alloted by the board.

the advertised price is 35L my Brother in law says he can bargain and bring down to 30L

I am not very familiar with Sithalapakkam.

I knew the water is great and it is close to couple of big developments like bollenihills, DLF and proposed Fin city.

Please advice about that area and this Layout.

Sholinganallur and Sithlapakkam are the nucleus of two mini satellite cities planned by CMDA/TNHB.

Sholinganallur has the advantage of having OMR/IT Expressway and the proposed rail link to cuddalore.Plot price are quoted already factoring these advantages.On the downside water is brackish and being adjacent to buckingham canal the soil is not consistent.

Sithlapakkam is hustled between all the developments around and hasnt witnessed much development of its own.Water is good and other attractiveness are the proximity to the thalambur road connecting backside of SIPCOT and the proposed siruseri-airport expressway link road.

In both the places you might find DTCP plots cheaper than the TNHB ones, but in the long term TNHB ones provide best value for money as it would attract government officers as residents who can prove instrumental in providing basic infrastructure and development quicker than neighbouring localities.

Looking at the price you have quoted I think you can negotiate further.Please make sure the seller is the original first alottee.I hear there are many PoA ones there so tread carefully.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kalasivan
    Jones layout should be an approved one. Even I don't have any idea about this developer. They are promoting an apartment building in Gandhinagar, Adyar. I feel the price quoted him is reasonable if the layout is approved. The bitumen road from main road to the layout is laid by them to promote this layout. Pl. go ahead if the documents are in order since it is a gated community.
    Regards

Thanks Kalasivan. This would really be helpful to me. BTW, do you have any idea on how much time this area would take to develop. Is there any access to Siruseri & OMR?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by poorikumar
    You can trust Jones foundation..We bought a land in DreamPark from them...very clean dealing..

Thanks Poorikumar. This would really be helpful to me. BTW, do you have any idea on how much time this area would take to develop. Is there any access to Siruseri & OMR? How about water facilities? Is there going to be any quick development in the near future? Is it secured to start my construction now and should I need to wait for some more time? If so, how many years I need to wait for construction? In case, if I'm going with Jones layout in sithalapakkam, should I need to put compound for the safer side and just leave it. I would appreciate your feedback to proceed further.
    CommentQuote
  • Mani Kris

Last time when I visited the site 2 yrs back,there were only 2 houses built which was little dissappointing..I was expecting atleast around 10 houses..

Water was good when we tried in the pump in layout..Jones foundation have finished a Park with jogging trail in the campus..I heard they were going to maintain it for 2 yrs..I dont know the status now..

I guess many who have bought are also waiting for some developement..

I know there is a road that connects to OMR & Siruseri wouldbe around 7-9 kms..but we never tried that road..

Originally Posted by Mani Kris
    Thanks Poorikumar. This would really be helpful to me. BTW, do you have any idea on how much time this area would take to develop. Is there any access to Siruseri & OMR? How about water facilities? Is there going to be any quick development in the near future? Is it secured to start my construction now and should I need to wait for some more time? If so, how many years I need to wait for construction? In case, if I'm going with Jones layout in sithalapakkam, should I need to put compound for the safer side and just leave it. I would appreciate your feedback to proceed further.
    CommentQuote
  • Guideline value in Sankarapuram and Jones foundation area

Hi,

Can anyone let me know the guideline value in sankarapuram and Jones foundation area. And also how much they register the land. I need this information as I take a loan in case if I decide to purchase here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by poorikumar
    Mani Kris

Last time when I visited the site 2 yrs back,there were only 2 houses built which was little dissappointing..I was expecting atleast around 10 houses..

Water was good when we tried in the pump in layout..Jones foundation have finished a Park with jogging trail in the campus..I heard they were going to maintain it for 2 yrs..I dont know the status now..

I guess many who have bought are also waiting for some developement..

I know there is a road that connects to OMR & Siruseri wouldbe around 7-9 kms..but we never tried that road..

I drove my car from Mambakkam to Medavakkam last sunday and the road is horrible.
    CommentQuote
  • hi

I am new to this forum and i found the information is very helpful.
    I am looking for a plot in Sithalapakkam for the past 4 months and i selected a plot available nearby ADP - Dream land. The plot is available exactly in Jothimangalam layout (very near to the lake)
    And the price is coming near 22.5L for 1G.
    I am not sure about the price but when i compare with other plots, this one would be a good one.

The road which connecting sithalapakkam and navalur is really good. It is a 200 ft road. But still thinking of selecting sithalapakkam.
    Please suggest to choose this plot.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Suggest, Any good realtors in sithalapakkam area.

best,
    Raghav.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi all,

Sithalapakkam sankarapuram is a good place for living.Also, it's developing very fastly.Recently, new roads have constructed from sithalapakkam signal to ottiyambakkam.In sankarapuram(vijay avenue), they have constructed cement roads.Especially, 'vijay avenue' in sankarapuram is good place for living and it's free from air pollution.Near by 'mayfield' school is one more advantage.Near by sankarapuram, recently new bharat petrol bunk is about to open..
    From sithalapakkam sankarapuram, you can easily connect to major places..like solliganallur(approx 4-5km), medavakkam(3-4km), perumbakkam(2km), globalhospital(3km), mambakkam, navallur, sruseri etc.
    MTC providing more buses to tambaram(via medavakkam),tnagar(via velacherry),saidapet(via velacherry) etc..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kprakash79
    Hi,

Can anyone let me know the guideline value in sankarapuram and Jones foundation area. And also how much they register the land. I need this information as I take a loan in case if I decide to purchase here.

Hi,
    Before going to realtors, please consult with any lawyer in medavakkam or nearby, they will give you correct and current guideline value.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sujathak
    Suggest, Any good realtors in sithalapakkam area.

best,
    Raghav.

Hi,
    Realtor-- I hope u r asking about builders..Choose any builder, who is having minimum of 5 years of experience in this field.Because, startup companies will try to cheat you more to make their company to grow..If you plan to book a flat with any builder, before that , go and check his previous constructions and quality of work.
    CommentQuote
  • I have an offer for a 2400 SqFt land in Maheswar Nagar, Sithalapakkam for 75L. Bit close to the Medavakkam-Mambakkam road. Reasonable?
    CommentQuote