hi all,
my parents have about 2600sq ft independent house in adambakkam.About 10 min walk from mount station. we are planning to sell it and buy a 3 bedroom flat in nanganallur or kk nagar.
better security, comfort, area and cash in hand are the reasons for selling.
can anyone guide me to price rates in these 3areas.

Also if u could suggest some nice flats in these areas it would be great.

Any general advice would also be welcomed.

Thanks
Read more
103 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
    Have you ever lived in appartments, do you know the lifestyle (difference) i go with the above post by rajkumar2086
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the help guys...will start the process and keep u posted on developments
    CommentQuote
  • placing ad, showing house to prospective buyers, finalising deal, registration, handling the money, looking for new flats, buying,settling down, finding good tenants....
    what a long procedure for your parents to start in their age.
    there is a simple solution: come and settle in chennai, look after your parents in their old age, which will be the safest and happiest option for them but might be a bit difficult for you.
    CommentQuote
  • @all..
    thanks for your help.
    Within a day of putting an ad in Hindu we got 40+ calls and my dad is finalizing a deal with a software engineer from CTS for a reasonable deal around 1.5 crore.

Are there any precautions we should take while finalizing the deal?

Next, as per K11 and others advice we are planning to invest in 2 houses- One for
    around <70 lakhs in Nanganallur and in Ashok Nagar / K.k nagar (<1.2 crores).
    Criteria is 3BHK between 1300-1500 Sq.ft in nice localities.

I am looking in Sulekha. Magic bricks etc. What is the market rate in these areas?Any tips or tricks/ suggestions for buying would be great.

If anyone knows of any good apartments please keep me posted.

Thanks a lot for ur help . You guys are awesome
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Grad10
    @all..
    thanks for your help.
    Within a day of putting an ad in Hindu we got 40+ calls and my dad is finalizing a deal with a software engineer from CTS for a reasonable deal around 1.5 crore.

Next, as per K11 and others advice we are planning to invest in 2 houses- One for

I am looking in Sulekha. Magic bricks etc. What is the market rate in these areas?Any tips or tricks/ suggestions for buying would be great.

IN Nanganallur new apartments quote starting 7000 per sq ft and way upto 8500 depending on the location in Nanganallur. Areas surrounding Hygreevar and guruvayurappan temple are expensive than areas near Roja medicals. 5+ year old apartment starts from 6000 per sq ft.
    CommentQuote
  • @Srivat
    Thanks for that important piece of info
    CommentQuote
  • Grad,

Since you said your mother is very religious, try to find an apartment near Pillayar Koil junction on first main road. Ideally if you can find an apartment towards Anjaneyar kovil side, she doesn't have to cross the busy first main road. Try to find an apartment within 3 block radius from GRN flats near Vinayagar temple. There are at least 12 temples (including the famous Anjaneyar, Raja Rajeswari, Ragavendrar, Ayyappan, Guruvayurappan) within walkable distance. Your mother will enjoy the ambiance. During Margazhi, the place is full of of religious activities, there is a Sabha nearby where lot kacheris held during December. Everyday there is some major religious activity, bhajan going on in that area. Since you mentioned in your previous post, that area has very high concentration of TamBrahms (I am not one) which you will not see anywhere else in Madras. Extremely nice locality.

Checkout google maps, everything is clearly marked. If you can afford, go for Lancor.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srivat
    IN Nanganallur new apartments quote starting 7000 per sq ft and way upto 8500 depending on the location in Nanganallur. Areas surrounding Hygreevar and guruvayurappan temple are expensive than areas near Roja medicals. 5+ year old apartment starts from 6000 per sq ft.

Dad just called up Naveen constructions for a new building under construction..

Rs. 9000 per sq.ft apparently ... The new flats are in 26th street nanganallur
    (~1800 sq.ft)

@srivat- I am beginning to think ur argument about brahmin NRI sons increasing value of nanganalur real estate is spot on..

Between anyone heard of suprabhat builders?How is their reputation?
    CommentQuote
    @all..
    thanks for your help.

Congrats. Another evidence that liquidation of Re asset is not a problem if you have got the property at the right location.
    CommentQuote
    Dad just called up Naveen constructions for a new building under construction..

Rs. 9000 per sq.ft apparently ... The new flats are in 26th street nanganallur
    (~1800 sq.ft)

@srivat- I am beginning to think ur argument about brahmin NRI sons increasing value of nanganalur real estate is spot on..

Between anyone heard of suprabhat builders?How is their reputation?

I think Navin launched Rangavilas 3 years back in nanganallur and that too on 3rd main road for 5000 per sq ft all inclusive. More than 80% increase in 3 years that too in 26th street which I think is a 30ft road. Crazy nanganallur.

One good thing I noticed in Nanganallur is all roads are well laid recently and very nice traffic diversion making market road one way. Looks like the project has only 2 apartments and each costing 2C.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by srivat
    Looks like the project has only 2 apartments and each costing 2C.

http://navins.in/downloads/6016_Dheeraikaya%20Brouchure%20for%20pdf.pdf

Stilt shows parking for 12 cars. I think there are 6 apartments - 3 in front facing road and 3 in rear. 2C for that apartment is atrocious.
    CommentQuote
  • Subash, The broucher says only 2 flats of 1830 sq ft in area statement and total of 3660. So got confused. Maybe you are right.

Sent from Android phone
    CommentQuote
  • @srivat and others.

Hows 44th street in Nanganallur? in terms of water problem locality etc?

Dad saw a nice one year old resale apartment there (-1280 sq.ft) . They like the apartment and locality. Just wanted to get an expert opinion.
    CommentQuote
    @srivat and others.

Hows 44th street in Nanganallur? in terms of water problem locality etc?

Dad saw a nice one year old resale apartment there (-1280 sq.ft) . They like the apartment and locality. Just wanted to get an expert opinion.

44th Street - Opposite road to spencers on 4th main road. Is that the one you are talking?

Locality is very good. Need to walk a good amount to temples like Hyagreevar, Vinayakar, Shiva temple. If parents are old to walk then auto is the only option for Anjenaya temple.

Well laid roads is an advantage. Prone to few street parking by few houses which does not have parking on a 30 ft road. Market is in walking distance where you get almost everything.

Water - Not sure of the exact house. But know a house in close by where water is available with very less recharge potential. You need to alternate between tanker and ground water.

Did a water test in the nearby house i know. Hardness is very high so can be used for other purposes except drinking and cooking. For washing machine I would suggest to use

Kent Mini Water Softener

If I am wrong on locality forget the above opinion :) and I am not an expert if you are looking for one.

If not intrusive can I know the rates they are quoting in that are. :)
    CommentQuote