Last updated: October 21 2009
8 | Posts
3147 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions: Apartment for 45L at Tambaram/ Medavakkam/ Madipakkam- Chennai

Hey All,
    I am a constant follower of this site for past few months and kudos to folks who share a lot of valuable information (esp Wiseman, nabhishek, KC**** and others)! (hey - where is natraj )
    For the past few years, I was looking for a good deal on land which eventually didn't materialize (even after several attempts due to various reasons).
    Now i have planned to stay away from land and decided to settle down for a flat(half heartedly ). I am looking for a flat around tambaram, medavakkam, madipakkam area around ~45L. The flat should be in ready-to-occupy stage or 1-2 years old.
    Can you suggest some good projects around these areas?
    I am planning to travel to india in couple of weeks and will be there for quite sometime. So want to finalize something during my stay.
    Any help offered is appreciated

Thanks
    Mahesh K

Re : Suggestions: Apartment for 45L at Tambaram/ Medavakkam/ Madipakkam- Chennai

Consider Doshi Nakshatra I near tambaram

Mr Mahesh, In my view, near tambaram, Doshi Nakshatra I project at old SBI colony is a good option. The project is good and has premium facilities. You can go and visit the site. I am sure you will like it.

warm regards
    ganesan

Comment

Re : Suggestions: Apartment for 45L at Tambaram/ Medavakkam/ Madipakkam- Chennai

Originally posted by Maheshk View Post
      Hey All,
      I am a constant follower of this site for past few months and kudos to folks who share a lot of valuable information (esp Wiseman, nabhishek, KC**** and others)! (hey - where is natraj )
      For the past few years, I was looking for a good deal on land which eventually didn't materialize (even after several attempts due to various reasons).
      Now i have planned to stay away from land and decided to settle down for a flat(half heartedly ). I am looking for a flat around tambaram, medavakkam, madipakkam area around ~45L. The flat should be in ready-to-occupy stage or 1-2 years old.
      Can you suggest some good projects around these areas?
      I am planning to travel to india in couple of weeks and will be there for quite sometime. So want to finalize something during my stay.
      Any help offered is appreciated

Thanks
      Mahesh K
      For the budget you have mentioned, you can still get 3/4th-1 ground land easily in the above mentioned areas.

In those areas, buying land or independant house only comes close to Value for money in the current market.

Anyways, there are many small/medium builders who build in these area and price range is 2500-3500/sqft area and are mostly flats in G+1 type buildings.They deal mainly through local agents/brokers whom you will find if you visit the locality.

Medium/Big builders offer flats in the range of 3000-3500/sqft in 4 storeyed blocks.The project details can be found in the Price Trends in Chennai thread.Most of them have websites which carries all details.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by nabishek View Post
        For the budget you have mentioned, you can still get 3/4th-1 ground land easily in the above mentioned areas.

TO get a house around 45L, i can spend only ~30L in land..And to get decent land for 30L seems to be possible only in dreams...

Comment

Please choose Medavakkam

Among the locations shortlisted by you, Medavakkam will be the best option according to me. Medavakkam has seen lot of developments in the recent past and its proximity to Velachery and OMR makes it more attractive. The main problem with Madipakkam is that areas close to Velachery are prone to waterlogging and areas close to koot road lacks in wide roads and drainage facilities. But Madipakkam has got outlets of all the leading retail chains and also reasonably good Schools.Still with a budget of 45L, I feel you should not choose madipakkam.Apartments in GST road beyond Tambaram will be a better option than properTambaram. Some of the leading builders like Arun Excello, L&T-Arun Excello,Akshaya etc. has projects in GST road with premium amenities.

Please do a thorough survey in these areas, before you take the BIG decision.

All the best

Civil engineers

Comment

Originally posted by Maheshk View Post
            TO get a house around 45L, i can spend only ~30L in land..And to get decent land for 30L seems to be possible only in dreams...
            Please go through my another post to understand why I suggested you to go for land or independant house.

With ground rate hovering around 50 lakhs, an independant house on 1200sqft land with 1800 sqft builtup will come in the range 50-60 lakhs from a builder and well within budget of 45 lakhs if you decide to build on your own.

Anyways, you can update us all on your experience once you have visited and searched for property.It shall be useful for all.

Comment

You can check with Pace Builders. They are constructing Pace Adarsa Apartment right in Velachery Main Road, next to Selaiyur Police Station. Block 1 & II are already sold out. Last time when I checked, they still had 7 flats available in Block III.

Comment

Hi, If you are interested in Perungulathur (Next to thambaram) near the railway station you can get in touch with my friend.
                Company name : Salma Shelters .
                Mail id: contacthometarget.in.
                This is just for information .You may assess their project and decide for yourself.

Comment

If someone sells land in Chennai for a Price X and cost of construction is Y, then when he sells a house with above data, he prices it at almost 1.5(X+Y).
                  Getting 1/2ground land in Chennai that is clear from trouble is another myth.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X