Last updated: January 6 2020
6 | Posts
9598 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps Involved in Subdivision of DTCP Approved Plots

Hi,

Me and my friend together have planned to buy a DTCP approved plot (of bigger size) and make a sub-division to build house (may be after 2/3 years).

Please let me know,

1. Is it possible ?
    2. Steps involved :-
    3. Is it better to make a sub-division at the time of registration or at the time of building house. (after 2/3 yrs)

Regards,
    Housebuilder

Re : Steps Involved in Subdivision of DTCP Approved Plots

May visit for full details here

Directorate of Town and Country Planning, Government of Tamil Nadu

Originally posted by Housebuilder View Post
    Hi,

Me and my friend together have planned to buy a DTCP approved plot (of bigger size) and make a sub-division to build house (may be after 2/3 years).

Please let me know,

1. Is it possible ?
    2. Steps involved :-
    3. Is it better to make a sub-division at the time of registration or at the time of building house. (after 2/3 yrs)

Regards,
    Housebuilder

Comment

It is always better to buy individual
      Advantages
      1. No Re-Registeration charges. You can avoide stamp duty
      2. You can apply Individual patta on your name
      3. You can avoid mis-understanding
      4. You can apply individual plan aproval
      5. In future you can sell any one land individual and develope other
      6. In future you can develope joining both the land which will cost you nothing
      7. As more and more you sub-divide a plot the risk factor on legal issues are eliminated
      8. If you want to buy together buy it as 2 seperate plots registered seperately on both of your names (but i highly recommend this is not safe). Joint registeration always ends up in headack if someone passes away.
      One more small hint
      If you are going to buy a plot and construct a house Stilt 2, 1 floor for you and one for another, that too if you are going to construct imediately at this condition you can go for a joint registeration
      But any both are possible legally

Comment

Thanks to all for the reply.

Comment

Hi,

I brought a piece of land 880 sq.ft (41x21 ft) in 2017 march in Ayanambakkam.. This 880 sq.ft was part of 1900 sq.ft plot and layout owner itself gave this.. The entire layout is CMDA approved in 2005. Should i get an approval again from CMDA before selling..? I have got Patta tranfered in my name without any problem..

Pls advice...

Comment

Originally posted by RockNRoll View Post
            Hi,

I brought a piece of land 880 sq.ft (41x21 ft) in 2017 march in Ayanambakkam.. This 880 sq.ft was part of 1900 sq.ft plot and layout owner itself gave this.. The entire layout is CMDA approved in 2005. Should i get an approval again from CMDA before selling..? I have got Patta tranfered in my name without any problem..

Pls advice...

I brought a piece of land 2400 sq.ft in 2019 december in pollachi village area.. This 2400 sq.ft was part of 5000 sq.ft plot and layout owner itself gave this.. The entire layout is DTCP approved in 2013. Should i get an approval again from DTCP before selling..? I have got Patta tranfered in my name without any problem..

Pls advice...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X