At the outset, I request ppl to excuse me if they find my question irrelevant to this forum.

Over the past few months, we've been facing problems with the drinking water quality supplied by corporation. Sometimes the water is clean and at times its yellowish, etc.. We do have a water purifier and at times also source can water, however personally I'm not a big fan of it. Just to mention, I live in and around Kilpauk and I'm sure many people in similar pockets face the same problem. I'm wondering what new age equipment or methods do different people use for filtering drinking water (esp for homes)? Is the government doing anything to fix this problem at the source?

I'm sure my problem is not in isolation, many here would like to know about it and possibly adopt the best solution for their homes as well.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by vingori
    At the outset, I request ppl to excuse me if they find my question irrelevant to this forum.

Over the past few months, we've been facing problems with the drinking water quality supplied by corporation. Sometimes the water is clean and at times its yellowish, etc.. We do have a water purifier and at times also source can water, however personally I'm not a big fan of it. Just to mention, I live in and around Kilpauk and I'm sure many people in similar pockets face the same problem. I'm wondering what new age equipment or methods do different people use for filtering drinking water (esp for homes)? Is the government doing anything to fix this problem at the source?

I'm sure my problem is not in isolation, many here would like to know about it and possibly adopt the best solution for their homes as well.

Even I would like to know more from other people experience.

I did overcome the problem by installing a UV filter. Since corporation water has low TDS between 200 to 300 (I have tested it multiple times) there is no need of RO. Moreover compact RO systems very few has re-mineralizing capability.

I analyzed lot of products but at last went with Aquaguard total infiniti. I did a water test once after 6 months of installing this and found water to be safe.

http://www.eurekaforbes.com/Content/Collaterals/Aquaguard_INFINITI_UserManual.pdf

Most of these are marketing but refer page 5 and 6 to understand more. I am not telling this is the best but I have found this satisfactory for last 2 years. It does not make the water taste better as RO does. So taste will still be the same. If you are looking for a super sweet taste then this is not the one.

Is the government doing anything in source? - Even if they do, dont trust them. Water is the main cause for many diseases so better to be preventive then confident on government even if they do. Secondly even if they correct the source the water can get contaminated during transportation as well. Who knows what all the water is getting mixed with.

You can go for RO as well if you are not comfortable with UV. But it tends to waste 2 to 3 times water and also remove necessary minerals. Try to get an RO system which has re-mineralize stage at the end.

And for re-using waste water you can go with the below nice idea

Re-Use Waste from Reverse Osmosis (RO) Filter | ADDA Blog - The #1 Housing Society Software

Some RO systems from Morph India I have seen has Mineral re balancing and ph neutralization capability. But not sure to what extent it does

Morf India Limited

They also have UV which is quite similar to infiniti mentioned above. I went with eureka because of their service reach.

http://www.morfindia.com/pdf/Essencia_UV_Purifier_Pamphlet.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • The source of corporation water is questionable as well as the quality. I find it is getting mixed with sewage frequently. One can find small red worms as well. The TDS also at times reaches ~700. We have completely stop using it. Alternatively we started using external RO water package and also find them not safe as there is no reliable brand.

Now I have RO with bore water connected to it. Feel lot better now.
    CommentQuote
  • Water Purefing - It depends upon your investment and usage and the type of water you get. You need pure water or mineral water there are lot of difference. And there are different types of technology and methods
    Kindly come again most of your questions are not understood, pls be clear with simple language
    CommentQuote