Youniverse by Akshaya, OMR, Chennai

Last updated: March 5 2016
53 | Posts
8317 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youniverse by Akshaya, OMR, Chennai

Akshaya Disney themed Homes in OMR. Not sure of the exact location but looks to me near Thiruporur. Website says Sembakkam (OMR one).

It is a 4 year licencing agreement initially and renewable.So we can expect launch soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited January 6 2016, 03:24 PM. Reason: Text Formatting

Re : Youniverse by Akshaya, OMR, Chennai

In what aspects is a Disney themed home different from others? Didn't know there was Disney,India. Nice differentiation from other apartments though.

Comment

Is it possible to post a slightly bigger image ? i don't think anyone can read with this size of font.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by randomguy View Post
        In what aspects is a Disney themed home different from others? Didn't know there was Disney,India. Nice differentiation from other apartments though.
        In order to use disney characters legally there needs to be an licensing agreement with them. We have seen the same in dresses, fmcg products etc.This is the first time they have licensed to developers across country.

With the licensing the developers will have access to around 8000+ disney characters which they can use in the apartments, club house, common area etc.

Extracts from the web

Once the project is completed, it will have around 2,000-2,500 children inside the township. The houses, play areas, shopping zones, clubhouses, swimming pools, schools and even healthcare centres will all sport Disney themes.

As per the agreement, Akshaya will get access to no less than 8,000-8,500 licensed characters of Disney. It won’t be only the children’s areas such as the kids’ bedrooms which will be kitted with Disney characters. Everything from Mickey Mouse-shaped swimming pools, streetlights, bath fittings to kitchenware will sport Disney mascots, says T Chitty Babu, managing director of Akshaya, because adults too have grown-up on and enjoyed Disney stories.

Disney homes in on developers | Business Standard

Comment

Disney-themed living in Kolkata, the new fascination - Times Of India
          Sunteck Realty ties up with Disney India for Disney inspired homes - Economic Times

Happening in all over India. Google them.

Comment

Is this project coming up at Sembakkam which lies between Medavakkam and Rajakilpakkam on Velachery-Tambaram Main Road ? I googled and could not find an area called Sembakkam along OMR .

Comment

Originally posted by srivat View Post
              It is a 4 year licencing agreement initially and renewable.So we can expect launch soon.
              So after project completion every 4 years there is going to be a cost attached for renewing the license!! hmmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChennaiInv View Post
                So after project completion every 4 years there is going to be a cost attached for renewing the license!! hmmmmm.....
                Get ready for a new charge - License charges - It may differ for 2bhk and 3 bhk.. First 50 bookings will get discount on this fee - This will be a good avenue for the builders to suck more from us... With Kids this will be a instant hit and you are emotionally trapped...

Comment

Originally posted by g.v.kumar View Post
                  Is this project coming up at Sembakkam which lies between Medavakkam and Rajakilpakkam on Velachery-Tambaram Main Road ? I googled and could not find an area called Sembakkam along OMR .
                  Project is coming up at Thiruporur Chengelpet road.
                  Last edited September 24 2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChennaiInv View Post
                    Licensing is with Akshaya and during the period they can use it. There will be no recurring cost to association IMO. Maybe they may add part of the cost incurred in base price.

Originally posted by g.v.kumar View Post
                    I can see one sembakkam close to thiruporur in wikimapia. Even the news article says thiruporur. Not sure if it is going to be off or on OMR.

Originally posted by rshnk90 View Post
                    Is it possible to post a slightly bigger image ? i don't think anyone can read with this size of font.

thanks
                    This is the mailer I got. Expanding it makes it even worse.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X