Last updated: November 4 2013
7 | Posts
21622 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Staircase Construction Cost For a Duplex House

Hi Experts,

We are building a new duplex house(G+1) and there are two steps(Ground and 1st floor).We gave the labour contract and i have the below query related to payment for steps construction inside the building(duplex)

1. I wanted to know whether we need to pay separately for steps in a duplex house construction?
    2.If we need to pay separately for steps then how calculation will be made?
    3.there are 42 steps(Ground & 1st floor) and the mason is telling that calculation will be done sqft wise and it will be 200sqft .
    4.What is the reasonable amount that will be paid and will the payment be paid step wise or sqft wise?

Thanks in advance .
    Last edited October 1 2013, 06:17 PM.

Re : What is the Staircase Construction Cost For a Duplex House

(as per my knowledge)square feet wise only, calculation will be done..but u have to pay only for 1/2 , if it is internal staircase....(stair case,balcony),not sure about external...

Comment

Internal Staircase is included in construction charge itself, they charge extra for design, like sprial, wodden staircase the rate depends upon the quality and finishing,

External staircase will be charged extra normally the default charge will be paid what you pay for building construction
      apart from the staircase
      overhead tank, drainage tank, septic tank, well, sump, borewell, eb deposite, compoundwall, carpark, external flooring, gates outside the building ....etc will be charged extra
      eb bill, water (if ground water is not suitable), watchman charges should be bared by the landowner
      You can divide the payement into 4 to 5 schuldude as
      1. per floor rise
      2. Brick work
      3. Plastesing work
      4. Monthwise
      like it depends upon your undestanding
      Last edited October 3 2013, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks Bala for your reply.
        Is it a normal case to include the staircase in construction charge?
        our building is 1600sqft duplex house(ground-800 and 1st floor-800sqft) with 42 steps(21 each in 2 floors) .
        My father checked with 2 builders and they said that staircase cost for duplex house is seperate and is 280/sqft.So could you please help me in this.
        we are planning to do stainless steel railing for stairs so the mason has done only the steps construction and what appox amount can be given to them for stairs construction?
        Last edited October 3 2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Is it a normal case to include the staircase in construction charge?
          our building is 1600sqft duplex house(ground-800 and 1st floor-800sqft) with 42 steps(21 each in 2 floors) .
          My father checked with 2 builders and they said that staircase cost for duplex house is seperate and is 280/sqft.So could you please help me in this.
          we are planning to do stainless steel railing for stairs so the mason has done only the steps construction and what appox amount can be given to them for stairs construction?

Comment

Any advice from the experts?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X