The area under the Chennai Corporation limits is set to expand by over two times, with the State government issuing an order for merger of several neighbouring local bodies with it. It would be 426 sq km after the merger as against 174 sq km now.

The municipalities that would be part of the expanded Chennai Corporation are Kathivakkam, Tiruvottiyur, Manali, Madhavaram, Ambattur, Maduravoyal, Valasaravakkam, Alandur and Ullagaram-Puzhudhivakkam.

The town panchayats are Chinna Sekkadu, Puzhal, Porur, Nandambakkam, Meenambakkam, Perungudi, Pallikaranai and Sholinganallur.

The panchayat unions identified are Edayanchavady, Sadayankuppam, Kattapakkam, Theeyampakkam, Mathur, Vada Perumbakkam, Surapet, Kathirvedu, Puthagaram, Nolambur, Karambakkam, Nerkundram, Ramapuram, Mugaliwakkam, Manapakkam, Kottivakkam, Palavakkam, Neelankarai, Injambakkam, Karapakkam, Okkiam Thoraipakkam, Madipakkam, Jaladampet, Semmanchery and Uthandi.

This makes real estate boom in the above areas???????
Read more
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • How can we trust your words ? I mean, r u referring to any government referendum ?

If so, provide us the link to understand more clearly.
    CommentQuote
  • You can see todays newspaper.GO passed for New Chennai corporation limit.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks. I studied in TOI. I hope this increases the chances of RE activity in Greater Chennai region.
    CommentQuote
  • I read the actual GO by the CM.

Greater Chennai Corporation now up to Manali in North, Ambathur to west and Semmanchery to south.

Avadi & Thambaram left out purposefully as they will be separate Corporation city after 2011 (GO will be considered later)

excuse my Ignorance, Any case how will the new GO impact the property price for the new entrant suburbs.

Particularly all of those suburbs already come under CMDA limit and some under Metro water (CMWSSB) limit.

May be down the track they will have better local roads (Instead of Panchyath roads) and will have better parks etc.

Even before this GO CMWSSB was going to provide drainage and water supply to most suburbs.

Panchayat water was not bad.

Guys please shed some light.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rickyofsnow
    I read the actual GO by the CM.

Greater Chennai Corporation now up to Manali in North, Ambathur to west and Semmanchery to south.

Avadi & Thambaram left out purposefully as they will be separate Corporation city after 2011 (GO will be considered later)

excuse my Ignorance, Any case how will the new GO impact the property price for the new entrant suburbs.

Particularly all of those suburbs already come under CMDA limit and some under Metro water (CMWSSB) limit.

May be down the track they will have better local roads (Instead of Panchyath roads) and will have better parks etc.

Even before this GO CMWSSB was going to provide drainage and water supply to most suburbs.

RE prices will go up up & away from common man's reach
    CommentQuote
  • What is vada perumbakkam?

What is vada perumbakkam? Is it the one where the proposed financial city is? Why is Medavakkam not in the list, while all other close by areas are included?
    CommentQuote
  • When did no infrastructure stop greed?

Originally Posted by rickyofsnow

There are a lot of sharks who have speculated in these areas and are holding land at low prices. Then, there are a lot of suckers who have cash in hand and who think that merely having a GO passed will instantly take prices to the moon (its similar to a company that announces a new plant to go into production in 3 years and the next day the stock prices gows up 50%).

The fact that, in most of these places a single rain ahd you can't even walk in the slush, is never going to be the hinderance to these hopefuls who want to make a killing in one such deal. Then again, the number of people who have put money into these "schemes" and got stuck for years and decades is also legion. Its just that, human nature being what it is, people will talk about their Rs 10 investment 40 years ago becoming Rs 500 today, but never mention a way about how many of these Rs 100 investments are stuck in various problems for years.

This is perenial.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Its just that, human nature being what it is, people will talk about their Rs 10 investment 40 years ago becoming Rs 500 today, but never mention a way about how many of these Rs 100 investments are stuck in various problems for years.

Absolutely agree 100% with this statement.
    VK
    CommentQuote
  • Vada Perumbakkam

I think Vada Perumbakkam is some where near Red Hills /Thiruvatriyur.
    Surprising they have left out Medavakkam,Santoshpuram ,selaiyur,Tambaram,Avadi etc.

I believe the builders have requested government to make this announcement to boost prices.We don't know how this list of areas will change if ADMK comes to power.
    CommentQuote
  • They want to make Tambaram a corporation. Maybe these areas fit the tambaram bucket better. Pallavaram is another area where there is no clarity. some maps show it under Chennai but announcement doesn't talk about pallavaram.

Originally Posted by freetv
    I think Vada Perumbakkam is some where near Red Hills /Thiruvatriyur.
    Surprising they have left out Medavakkam,Santoshpuram ,selaiyur,Tambaram,Avadi etc.

I believe the builders have requested government to make this announcement to boost prices.We don't know how this list of areas will change if ADMK comes to power.
    CommentQuote
  • Does this has any impacts on FSI regulations especially in ECR where .8 is the max.

Siju
    CommentQuote
  • Govt's gimmick to increase the RE prices, guideline values etc nothing more !
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Instead - The state govt may share 50% money with Southern Railways for connecting Pattabiram to Sriperumbuthur. And Sriperumbuther to Singaperumal kovil. And state govt can provide roads, drinking water, drainage etc...and definitely people will start migrating to these areas.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rickyofsnow

Dear friend,
    I agree with you. The major impact worth mentioning may be expecting better roads in the new areas being included.

ks2071746
    CommentQuote