Last updated: March 30 2010
238 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : 2010 The Year of Real Estate Bull

Almighty, we shall not fight again!

Originally posted by Almighty View Post
    Yes I did say 50%. Anyway if it goes up 50% are you going to cool off or will Economist suddenly agree he was wrong on the 50%. Also how do you measure 50% not by some silly index, hardly there is one reflective of RE like in Nifty or Sen.
    As for name calling the lesser said the better about you Wisey. Certainly you are cornered and you want to escape unscathed. All the best, and dont tell me as if I invented name calling for you. And what names did I call you beyong calling you a honourable man.
    Unfortunately you feel that is not the right name for you!
    You said it and I cant help it. I wont call you as honourable from now on if that is your request! LOL!

Nats,
    My apologies for calling you names. You certainly are not a cretin. My only point was about the change in behavior. I always make a distinction when criticising. As follows:

When you call someone a fool, then its not proper. But if you tell that person, you are behaving like a fool, then it means that, otherwise you are perfectly okay, but the behavior in a particular context was not okay. This distinction is very important to me, since one is about passing judgement about a person and the other is about his secific behavior at a point int time.

Nevetheless, since you have admitted that you did say 50%, I do not have anything against it. Just like i said 50% down, you said 50% up and I cannot pass judgement.

Suffice it to say that, if I'm an honorable man, so are you (and I believe it was not sarcastic but genuine! )

No more fights ... Lets see some original posts from you about Chennai ...

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
      Nats,
      My apologies for calling you names. You certainly are not a cretin. My only point was about the change in behavior. I always make a distinction when criticising. As follows:

When you call someone a fool, then its not proper. But if you tell that person, you are behaving like a fool, then it means that, otherwise you are perfectly okay, but the behavior in a particular context was not okay. This distinction is very important to me, since one is about passing judgement about a person and the other is about his secific behavior at a point int time.

Nevetheless, since you have admitted that you did say 50%, I do not have anything against it. Just like i said 50% down, you said 50% up and I cannot pass judgement.

Suffice it to say that, if I'm an honorable man, so are you (and I believe it was not sarcastic but genuine! )

No more fights ... Lets see some original posts from you about Chennai ...

cheers
      Looks like you wanted to sleep in peace. !! Goodnight.
      PS. I have dowjones to bother with.

Comment

I watch the DOW too! Among other things ...

Originally posted by Almighty View Post
        Looks like you wanted to sleep in peace. !! Goodnight.
        PS. I have dowjones to bother with.
        Almighty,

In reply to Venky, I watch the Dow and only sleep anywhere around 2-3am after polishing off the next day's planning!. Gives you an idea what might happen in the markets the next day, over here (though the correlation varies from weak to strong, depending on the fear factor - higher the fear, stronger the correlation on the downside; higher the confidence, stronger the correlation on the upside. In general).

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by wiseman View Post
          In reply to Venky, I watch the Dow and only sleep anywhere around 2-3am after polishing off the next day's planning!.
          cheers
          Strangely, I do the same, although I have nothing to do with finance and certainly do not plan any trades at all. Just boredom and bad habit I guess.

In fact I have found CNBC misleads me almost always. When I was laid up in bed and watched it all day and also had internet access at the fingertip, all my stock investing went wrong. I continue to hold some of my purchases at a loss even 2 years later.

Now this forum has also become a habit, like India Housing Bubble blog was before this (anyone been there?). Since activity in Delhi segment of this forum is almost non-existent, I end up fishing in Pune or Chennai forum - at least there are some intelligent people discussing there.
          Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
            Strangely, I do the same, although I have nothing to do with finance and certainly do not plan any trades at all. Just boredom and bad habit I guess.

In fact I have found CNBC misleads me almost always. When I was laid up in bed and watched it all day and also had internet access at the fingertip, all my stock investing went wrong. I continue to hold some of my purchases at a loss even 2 years later.

Now this forum has also become a habit, like India Housing Bubble blog was before this (anyone been there?). Since activity in Delhi segment of this forum is almost non-existent, I end up fishing in Pune or Chennai forum - at least there are some intelligent people discussing there.
            Intelligent people???? Are you talking about Nats?You are dead wrong once again.

Comment

Welcome strongsville

looks like you were away for some time...welcome back

Comment

Originally posted by strongsville View Post
                Intelligent people???? Are you talking about Nats?You are dead wrong once again.
                What is Nats?????
                Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Nats is an intelligent guy and a truthful guy! Strong is a RE operator trying to sell some land in the Bay of Bengal calling it as resorts and asking for Sterling resort rates there!
                  Is that right? LOL!

Comment

Prices in 2010

even though market outlook is currently dull, all the good ones are gone, and very limited supply in good locations.

but the prices quoted about 6 months ago is still valid in locations where you dont have good ambience/road etc and the same desparate sellers could not complete their transaction till now.

This is based on teh actual visit around porur.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                      What is Nats?????
                      Nats is so called "Nataraaajj007" who was banned from this forum because of his arrogant nature.

Now he is writing in the name of "Almighty".

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X