Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Semi Independent Duplex House in Sembakkam. Location: Samrat Nagar. 3 BHK. Plot Area = 900 Sq ft. Built Up Area = 1480 Sq ft. Builder is quoting a price of 40 L (Negotiable). Construction is yet to be started. Can you please advise if it is good to buy a house in this area. If yes, please advise the fair price that I can try negotiating with some valid points. Thanks!
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rsgrns
    Hi All,

I am planning to buy a Semi Independent Duplex House in Sembakkam. Location: Samrat Nagar. 3 BHK. Plot Area = 900 Sq ft. Built Up Area = 1480 Sq ft. Builder is quoting a price of 40 L (Negotiable). Construction is yet to be started. Can you please advise if it is good to buy a house in this area. If yes, please advise the fair price that I can try negotiating with some valid points. Thanks!

Where is this samrat nagar exactly. I live in sembakkam area near Sriram furnitures
    CommentQuote
  • Pl do your own calculation on the following basis:
    1. Land Value - Enquire the approx land value range/ground and pro-rate it to the land area you get. To my knowledge a ground (2400) will cost you between 45-55 lacs.
    2. Construction all inclusive - good quality - around Rs.1400-1500/sft. (This includes c.wall, septik tank, sump, OHT, elevation, EB connection, etc.)
    3. Add up the two components and plus 10% towards others/incidentals and profit for builder (eventhough the construction cost has profit element in built).

This is the max you've to pay. The main issue is to ascertain the current market value of land in the area.
    CommentQuote