Experts, Need your help. I am planning to get a flat in Hindu Colony. Can you please let me know the prevailing Market rate in Hindu Colony, Nanganallur?

How is the availability of Ground Water, Palar Water, Metro water in that area??
Read more
Reply
24 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Where in Hindu Colony? Some roads are narrow and some are wide.
    I do not think there is any flat construction in Hindu colony.

    Anyway, you get Palar once/twice a week. You get Corp water too. Ground water only until Feb/Mar.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your reply Subash. I am looking to book a flat in Acchyuthan's Matsyam Manor that is coming up in 15th cross street, Hindu colony right opposite to the Nanganallur Bus Terminus.

    I am new to Nanganallur so any help on availability of Water, Things to look out when booking a flat in Hindy Colony will be very helpful.

    More details on the project here - Acchyuthan

    They are quoting Rs.7000 per sq.ft which i feel is bit high.
    CommentQuote
  • I had to look up in google maps for 15th cross. Are you sure it is not State Bank Colony (Main)? As far as I know, 15th cross is in State Bank Colony (Main). It is a nice location. I know that area very well.

    positives:
    Hindu colony pillayar temple is near
    Bus terminus is walkable - though there are many routes from the terminus, frequency is not good. But you can walk to 6th cross (community hall road) and MGR junction where a lot more buses stop
    Airport is close
    Meenambakkam and Palavanthangal stations can be easily reached
    That area is quiet with middle and upper income families
    The recently laid roads are superior quality and changed the look of the area
    Not many flats are built when compared to the eastern side of MGR Road
    Walk to shops near Vetrivel theatre or Hindu colony bus stop
    Can reach Velachery and OMR quickly

    negatives:
    It is on the western side of MGR road, most prefer on the east side of MGR road. The reason being the low income locality (BV Nagar) is one street away - adjoining the bus terminus.
    Not sure about the water table. But you do get metro water and palar water

    Based on the flat rates I see in the nearby areas, I feel Rs.6000 - Rs.6500 is reasonable for that area. 7000 if it is a reputed builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Subash,

    Thanks for your prompt and detailed response. Its good to get a expert's opinion before buying :)

    Location: Yes it is Hindu Colony only and i think SBI Colony is near to it i guess. The exact location is opposite to Varasiddhi Vinayakar Pravachana Mandapam (http://goo.gl/nx1ifS).

    For various reasons i am constrained to buy my flat only in Nanganallur so i have been searching for a good project in Nanganallur for the past 6-8 months and narrowed on this one. My budget is around 75 to 85 lakhs.

    Just for comparison here is a list of other ongoing projects in Nanganallur area:

    Navins Dheerakiya 9000
    Lancor Courtyard 8950
    Lancor Corner Stone 7650
    Kcee 7100
    Priyams4g Nivasini 7000
    Salma Amar Enclave 6200
    Alfex 6000
    SSB 6500
    Thai Homes 6500
    Ashok Giridhar 6900
    Ashok Skanda 6700
    Ashok Anjaneya 6200

    Acchyuthan Builders seem to be a good builder. They have done many projects in Kodambakkam & Nanganallur. I have seen their recent projects in Trustputam and Thiruvanmiyur - the speed of construction, build quality is very good but i don't know 7000 per sq ft is justifiable for that area. I think 6000 would be the perfect price.

    Pros:

    I think Nanganallur as a whole will be in a sweet spot when compared to Chennai transport facilities.

    Bus - We have the terminus and small buses
    Suburban Train - Pazhavanthangal and Meenambakkam stations
    Metro - Meenambakkam and Alandur HUB stations
    MRTS - Adambakkam MRTS (once legal hurdles are cleared)
    Airport is closeby

    It has a vantage point and is in the middle of Chennai Metropolitan area. We can reach any direction of chennai within 1 hour be it Siruseri, Tambaram,Sholinganallur, Central Station or Anna Nagar.

    Negatives:

    Water availability is a huge huge problem in Nanganallur so i really want to make sure some decent ground water is available in 15th cross street before i buy the flat.

    There were open drains near the flat location and when enquired the builder said they are Storm Water drains. Can you please confirm whether they are storm water drains and not open drainage?

    BV Nagar Cemetry is a kilo meter away. If we have to take the Meenambakkam subway obviously we have to take the road near the cemetry :(

    Nehru High road is nearby which consists of LIG families.

    I think i will just visit the neighbouring flats/houses and check the water quality there and take a decision.
    Once again thanks for your help @Subash :)
    CommentQuote
  • If you can reveal the compulsions for you to buy a flat in Nanganallur, I can suggest alternatives from other builders you have given. Is it because of relatives in the area or temples or schools or proximity to airport/GST or proximity to MRTS or proximity to OMR etc., If you can afford Dheerakiya, you should go for it or for a resale flat near Spencers/Murugan Idli. If you have children who will be going to school you should choose Salma Amar Enclave since you can walk to Modern school or to Prince, Madipakkam. I am not saying Acchyuthan is bad, but you can look for a better location for the same investment if you can tell us why you need to live in Nanganallur - don't have to tell if you don't want to.
    CommentQuote
  • Try Puzuthivakkam as well, i heard that roads have been laid, underground drainage and metro water infrastructure have been setup and the area is turning into a decent spot. Anywhere close to the inner ring road would have all the advantages you have listed. Price will not exceed 5500/sft . Puzuthivakkam also has an MRTS station coming up (provided, all the legal hurdles are dealt with)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chennaireal
    Experts, Need your help. I am planning to get a flat in Hindu Colony. Can you please let me know the prevailing Market rate in Hindu Colony, Nanganallur?

    How is the availability of Ground Water, Palar Water, Metro water in that area??


    Originally Posted by subash
    If you can reveal the compulsions for you to buy a flat in Nanganallur, I can suggest alternatives from other builders you have given. Is it because of relatives in the area or temples or schools or proximity to airport/GST or proximity to MRTS or proximity to OMR etc., If you can afford Dheerakiya, you should go for it or for a resale flat near Spencers/Murugan Idli. If you have children who will be going to school you should choose Salma Amar Enclave since you can walk to Modern school or to Prince, Madipakkam. I am not saying Acchyuthan is bad, but you can look for a better location for the same investment if you can tell us why you need to live in Nanganallur - don't have to tell if you don't want to.


    Subash,

    Yes many relatives in Nanganallur and parents are very religious and Nanganallur has many good schools like Modern School, Prince, Hindu Colony chellamal Vidyalaya and KV. Nanganallur has good connectivity to both GST and OMR and being in IT it can allow me to switch companies in the future without any problems.

    1) Dheerakiya - Too costly 1.8 Crores
    2) Resale Flat - Wife not interested in resale flats :)
    3) Amar Enclave - crowded with so many flats and anyways they just have few leftover flats now so not a good choice.

    Guess i am left only with Acchyuthan as of now and 90% will be proceeding with them
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jackhere
    Try Puzuthivakkam as well, i heard that roads have been laid, underground drainage and metro water infrastructure have been setup and the area is turning into a decent spot. Anywhere close to the inner ring road would have all the advantages you have listed. Price will not exceed 5500/sft . Puzuthivakkam also has an MRTS station coming up (provided, all the legal hurdles are dealt with)


    Thanks for your reply Jack. Yes i checked out Puzhuthivakkam recently. There was an ad in Sulekha for a individual house for 70 lakhs there. But it is in a very bad state now. I went during rainy season and there were no roads in Puzhuthivakkam. Horrible place to live.

    With MRTS and all Puzhuthivakkam could be a good place from an investment perspective but to become a proper residential area it might take another 3 to 5 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Chennaireal, Did you visit the place and book flat in Acchyuthan, I am also looking into it.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Venkat,

    Demolition going on. Will think of booking in a month once they get CMDA approval.
    CommentQuote
  • Venkate12, Any one else in the Forum who have booked in Acchyuthan's Matsyam Manor, Nanganallur. Has the CMDA approval come yet? Any pointers on that?
    CommentQuote
  • I visited the site this morning. I don't see anything has been done in the site. There are some ground excavation, but that's it.

    Not sure how many apartments have been booked
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the update Idealist. Their site shows 5 apartments have been booked and 1 blocked as of now...

    Acchyuthan - click on flat details.
    CommentQuote
  • I eco others here. Nanganallur is over rated. With acute water shortage and high new apartments prices, it is not worth it. Near by places like Adambakkam (Excellent water and Much Cheaper) or Velachey (same advantage) offer better value. Resales - 5 year old apartments seems around 4500 to 5000 range while the new ones have gone up to 9000.

    chennaireal : Have you booked at Acchyuthan?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Idealist
    I eco others here. Nanganallur is over rated. With acute water shortage and high new apartments prices, it is not worth it. Near by places like Adambakkam (Excellent water and Much Cheaper) or Velachey (same advantage) offer better value. Resales - 5 year old apartments seems around 4500 to 5000 range while the new ones have gone up to 9000.

    chennaireal : Have you booked at Acchyuthan?


    Idealist,

    Yes i have booked here. Now seeing the enormous delay in getting CMDA approval i am thinking of cancelling and taking back my advance amount.
    CommentQuote