Hi All,

I am looking to buy a roadside apartment in and around Porur/ Arcot road. I had seen several project sites such as ETA Star Verde, S & S Solitaire, Osian Chlorophyll and appasamy Platina among others.

I have zeroed in on Appasamy platina for 3BHK, where the soft launch is currently going on. price is 6199 psf. GO is awaited. Owing to the nascent/drawing stage, the project's a bit risky but am ready to take that risk, given the builder's reputation. I am ready to wait fr 2-3 years time as i can also manage cash flows during construction stage optimistically. I also like the fact that its close to DLF IT park than many other builders in vicinity. Metro water work is also going on in that area.

I need to know what are the key essential things i need to check with the builder before going in for the booking.

Also, please pour in your views on S&S Solitaire project, where the builder is quoting at 6250 psf, but bookings have been subdued (dunno why). One reason is lot of hidden charges. Around 20% increase after basic cost is computed.

Regards
Prabhu
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Prabhuatinfy
    Around 20% increase after basic cost is computed.

This project is being discussed in another thread https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/chennai-real-estate/68848-appaswamy-platina-appaswamy-real-estates-porur-chennai?t=70070
    I believe the original thread needs to be renamed in case the project's name has been changed recently.

Prabhu,
    What does the hidden cost in case of appaswamy sum up to? Isn't it around 10-12 lacs over the basic?

Sent from a super smart phone using awesome Tapatalk!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Prabhuatinfy
    Hi All,

I am looking to buy a roadside apartment in and around Porur/ Arcot road.

You can choose roadside apartment but never roadside contractor/builder
    CommentQuote
  • newbiebuyer

Extra is around 13-15 lakhs fr 3BHK. and it varies according to the 1,2, or 3BHK.

@Lovebirds

why do you say that..

Several projects have been successful in the past like Appasamy Orchard springs, Jains Antariksha. where the whole vicinity seems to have developed due their presence....
    CommentQuote
  • PrabhuatInfy- Known devil is better than unknown angel.. This is in Porur(within Chennai Corporation so water,drainage wont be an issue),its on the main road which is wide enough,good builder..Didnt look at Prestige (as it is too big) and Oasis (havent heard them) ... so i have gone ahead and blocked here..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Prabhu
    Please make sure Appasamy have the necessary approvals before you proceed. Appasamy is notorious for taking bookings without approvals and it might be a problem at later stage for you. Ask for the legal documents and then have them checked with a lawyer before you proceed.
    Regards
    Ramanathan
    CommentQuote
  • Appasamy Platina Porur

Hi Ramanathan,

thanks for your inputs.

But in platina, no approvals r ther (even GO has nt come). That's why the lower price of 6199 psf. So ultimately its a risk versus reward game.
    CommentQuote
  • and ofcourse there is no garbage dump in the near vicinity , no toll nuisance and need to weigh in these benefits vs other locations .

Yes ofcourse its a risk blocking even with our GO ..the only saving grace here is builders track record and reputation.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi everyone,

Im intrested in the 650 sq ft 2 BHK apartment of the appaswamy platina porur. Taking 6199 /sq ft, it will come some 40 lacs.

But seeing this post some hidden costs mentioned.

Does anyone know how much the All Inclusive total price will come to for 650 sq ft one.
    ]

Also we will get loan on only 85 % of the 40 lacs? or we will get loan on 85% of TOTAL all inclusive amount?

(sorry if im asking very basic questions. im totally new in the realty field)

Thx]

Also we will get loan on only 85 % of the 40 lacs? or we will get loan on 85% of TOTAL all inclusive amount?

(sorry if im asking very basic questions. im totally new in the realty field)

Thx
    CommentQuote
  • Loan will be on agreement price with the builder. That is the amount that will be paid to the builder. It will not include the money that will go to govt like taxes,EB charges etc
    CommentQuote
  • Any idea what is the issue with appasamy mapleton?slab and brick work completed in neck breaking speed. Supposed to handover in april 2013. Still not complete. Contruction work has come to stand still for the last 6 months.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lovebirds43k
    Loan will be on agreement price with the builder. That is the amount that will be paid to the builder. It will not include the money that will go to govt like taxes,EB charges etc

Hi,
    Thanks for the answer. it is good to hear this info

So if i understand correctly --- it means --- if the 2BHK comes upto 40 lakhs and additional 10 lakh is hidden cost. .... this means bank will give me loan as 85% of 50 lakh?

Regds
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sundarjp
    Any idea what is the issue with appasamy mapleton?slab and brick work completed in neck breaking speed. Supposed to handover in april 2013. Still not complete. Contruction work has come to stand still for the last 6 months.

Hi Sundar

Most builders nowdays are known to do this. They collect 80% or more and then take innocent buyers for a ride. I really hope this is not the situation with appaswamy and hopefully they will deliver soon
    CommentQuote
  • Recently visited Platina Appasamy. I can find work going in full swing. Ground level work was on/base slab. Availability chart shown to me indicate 200 + flats sold. Less than 150 available, mostly in 3 BHK.

Spec, plan, current work progress, builder reputation all good. For 350 + flat, layout plan seems to be cramped, club house tuckked between two blocks, walk ways between other side of two blocks. Distance between blocks, sales person not helpful to understand as he showed onlym 3D model, not actual plan. Need to check.

Price at 6400, not sure expensive? But 60% booking at launch stage indicate demand in this area.
    CommentQuote